Sign in to follow this  
Borgir

Splitting quote in reply

Can somebody explain to me, how to split a quote in a reply (in forum thread or PM conversation), please?

For example if I want to answer each part of the quoted text separately.

Usually in forums, I just toggle "source code view" and do the magic there, but it's not possible here.

Thanks.

To the left of the Quote button, you will see a + which will change to a tick when clicked. (Says multi-quote if you put mouse over it)

Click it on each of the posts you would like to quote, then at the bottom right of the screen, you will see a popup saying Quote 1 Post or a number of multi-quotes selected, When ready to reply just click that button on bottom right.

Hopefully that helps.

Edited by shakys

The only way I can think of doing it is to copy-paste different parts of the message into individual quote sections.

3 hours ago, Borgir said:

Can somebody explain to me, how to split a quote in a reply (in forum thread or PM conversation), please?

For example if I want to answer each part of the quoted text separately.

For instance, where I cut some of the text from the above quote and pasted it into another quote block below:

Usually in forums, I just toggle "source code view" and do the magic there, but it's not possible here.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, shakys said:

To the left of the Quote button, you will see a + which will change to a tick when clicked. (Says multi-quote if you put mouse over it)

Click it on each of the posts you would like to quote, then at the bottom right of the screen, you will see a popup saying Quote 1 Post or a number of multi-quotes selected, When ready to reply just click that button on bottom right.

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks, but I was asking something else :)

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

The only way I can think of doing it is to copy-paste different parts of the message into individual quote sections.

For instance, where I cut some of the text from the above quote and pasted it into another quote block below:

Yeah, this is actually useful, thanks.

Although it could get bit confusing in multi-quote replies.

I just miss the good old source code option.