Sign in to follow this  
GenSekiel

[RELEASED] Quality Level Limit 0.3

Quality Level Limit Mod for Wurm Unlimited

A very special purpose mod that allows to limit the quality level of items obtained by several actions based on the corresponding skill level of the player. Adding the quality limit to other actions may be added on request.

Actions for which QL can be limited (can be disabled separately in the properties file):

• Foraging & rummaging
  • Botanizing
  • Digging
  • Picking flowers
  • Harvesting farms
  • Picking sprouts
  • Harvesting trees
  • Harvesting bushes
  • Chopping trees
  • Cutting grass
  • Cutting grass around trees
  • Surface mining (including gems, etc.)
  • Mining (including gems, etc.)
  • Fishing

Requirements:

As always with modded content, I rid me of all liability. Although the mod is non-invasive and can be removed at any time without any effect on the world, make a backup. Just to be sure.

get it here

GitHub page

Installation: Just extract the contents of the .zip file into the mods folder in your WurmServerLauncher directory. If you don't have a mods directory, you need to install Agos's mod launcher.

Edited by GenSekiel
  • Like 2

Is there any chance of tweaking this so that it applies to all mats - ores, logs, etc.? We had to turn Epic settings off on our server, because it was allowing players with low skill to mine 60 QL ores, and same issue with woodcutting. 

It would be great if a mod like this one for foraging could also control that, so we would be able to turn Epic back on. We want the portals! 

Edited by Batta

I  am pretty sure it actually limited ore ql too - can't recall if it did the logs.

You should try it out on a test server

Ore mining is not limited yet. I'll look into it and add it if possible. Woodcutting, too.

Edited by GenSekiel

Update to 0.2, adding lots of stuff. Let me know is anything is missing or not working as intended.

I have to disagree with some of this. Foraging has nothing to do with skill level. If I pick a pumpkin it's quality is finite and does not depend on my abilities. It is what it is. If I cut down a tree it's quality is already defined. My cutting it down or cutting it into logs has no effect on it's quality. My carpentry skill should decide the quality of the crafted item, not my woodcutting skill. Many of the raw materials in Wurm depend on skill when they should not because their quality is predefined. Turning the raw materials into something useful is what should determine quality level just like in the real world. Yeah I know, dragons blah blah blah.

Hi! 

Can you add? 

• Limits on crafting locks/lockpicks (disable effectives on Epic servers). Now I Can create lockpicks 70ql with 30 skill.

I believe my english is too poor.

For what exactly is the mod? I thought the QL is still limited by your skill.

Eject

33 minutes ago, Eject said:

Eject

Only on non-epic servers

On 5/14/2017 at 2:55 AM, Eject said:

Eject

@EjectOriginally I requested this mod for DesV4. This was a PVP server that introduced a concept called Epochs which were times when player skill gain were limited to max targets that would change with time. So Epoch 1 had 20 max for skills, epoch 2 30 max, epoch 3 40 max etc. This mod was needed because you could get around the limit if the quality of mats that you foraged were significantly better then your maximum allowed skill.

The original page of the DesV4 server tells you more about it's design if interested:

Just saw your note now so sorry about the delayed response. Actually have this in mind for a different project so hoping it still works on 1.9 - Going to try it out and see.

Edited by Nappy

@GenSekielIt looks like this mod is crashing on 1.9. Would you be able to look into it?

Disabling this mod and restarting the server results in foraging working correctly without a server crash.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Log in character

2) Move a few tiles

3) Forage a tile

4) Server instantly crashes

5) Fully message appears in server console:

[09:31:50 PM] SEVERE com.wurmonline.server.Server: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:394)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Players.pollPlayers(Players.java)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:1916)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$6$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:181)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:384)
    ... 4 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field com.wurmonline.server.skills.Skill.knowledge from class com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.TileBehaviour
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.TileBehaviour.forage(TileBehaviour.java)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.TileBehaviour.action(TileBehaviour.java:1151)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.TileGrassBehaviour.action(TileGrassBehaviour.java:378)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Action.poll(Action.java:3296)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.ActionStack.poll(ActionStack.java:247)
    at com.wurmonline.server.players.Player.pollActions(Player.java:9793)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Players.pollPlayers$1(Players.java:4641)
    ... 9 more

I'm surprised seeing this revived. I'll try getting it to run again, if possible.

I need it for a specific project I am working on again. If it's a real pain for you I could just update the pieces I need.... I've finally invested the time and effort to code my own mods (as well as design them).

~Nappy 

I'll have a look at it this weekend. Maybe it's nothing major.

v0.3 --- There were only two small things to fix. I have quickly tested it with the foraging action and it seems to work. If anything does not work as it should, let me know.

4 minutes ago, GenSekiel said:

v0.3 --- There were only two small things to fix. I have quickly tested it with the foraging action and it seems to work. If anything does not work as it should, let me know.

You are awesome! Thank-you very much. I will install it on my test server today.

~Nappy