Sign in to follow this  
Sila

palm trees in sand

My favorite idea for this is sand-specific trees/bushes, like palm trees and cacti, but give them a kill radius similar to oak/willow (maybe 1 greater radius than those?) so that they don't wind up being too dense.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Annyil said:

+1
and agave, I like tequila :D

+1

And make Annyil CCAB's new CEO 

14 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

My favorite idea for this is sand-specific trees/bushes, like palm trees and cacti, but give them a kill radius similar to oak/willow (maybe 1 greater radius than those?) so that they don't wind up being too dense.

I don't think palms/cactii actually kill stuff around them though, so just doing that for the sake of balancing... nah. A better approach would be to make them plantable only, or something like that.

The idea itself, +1 all the way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marlon said:

+1 all the way

Just substitute Jingle for the +1 and you have quite the appropriate seasonal comment, even if within a deserted environment such as the above.

=Ayes=

would seem a little odd in the winter...  but I'll still

+1

vote for the kill radius or some other method of keeping them sparse rather than only plantable...

well our deserts are now empty :D  if there was no animals would be disaster :D

+1

Don't allow the beach/desert trees to be planted unless there is 9 or more tiles of sand.  Don't want to see a sand tile here and there just for one tree.  Wouldn't make it special anymore.  Having a lot of sand for a requirement would make it more legit.

I actually like it to be a palm tree or cactus you can't get sprouts from and can only randomly appear in large sand areas.

• Like 1

Well i would more like em like normal trees that not spreed

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:30 PM, Ostentatio said:

This^ and a min distance above water level for cacti, cacti on the beach just look weird :)

Sorry, it's a -1 from me.

Wurm is a game made in the Nordic setting, not for some tropic beach resort. Palms have nothing to do with sand as well, plenty of sandy beaches in some northern countries, but no palms there because of the northern climate. Having palms on sand tiles would just cause plenty of players to make their own little deserts everywhere.

6 hours ago, Eobersig said:

Wurm is a game made in the Nordic setting, not for some tropic beach resort. Palms have nothing to do with sand as well, plenty of sandy beaches in some northern countries, but no palms there because of the northern climate. Having palms on sand tiles would just cause plenty of players to make their own little deserts everywhere.

There are palm trees in Vancouver, Canada, northern climate(granted shorter then the Flordia Palm that people typically associate with palm trees).  Also I'm fairly sure that Crocs and Anaconda don't fit into the "Nordic" setting.

EDIT:   I can't believe no-one posted this yet;

Edited by Greyfox

11 hours ago, Eobersig said:

-1 on this comment.

Wurm has oranges... they don't do well in Nordic climates either.

Aye, you guys are right. Orange and lemon and anacondas don't fit the Nordic setting. I agree. Doesn't mean we need more things that don't fit though.

And I think my point about players making their private little deserts everywhere still stands.

No different then players making their own Tundra or Steppe or Forest or Grassland or Deserts 

Some players just want variety

add coconuts, the current system is terrible.

Palm trees are cool. Pls.

We need  palms and coconuts, then we can make rum and coconut.