Sign in to follow this  
Xalorum

Cocoa Tree

OMG YES +1 (and let it be as big as oak trees with a large canopy maybe or bigger.)

I think more steps to obtaining the actual cocoa would be nice too, since they are inside a hard shell and the covered by some sweet creamy white stuff (I've actually  sucked on a few, yet the "Coco" part is extremely bitter lol) (PS do what you wish with this sentence you nasty)

Anyway, yes seeing an actual tree would make it a lot  nicer. Also having to dry the cocoa before it becomes useful, and even having to grind it and mix it with sugars and what not would def add some dept to it all.

'

+1

Definitely would like cacao trees in-game.

From what Retrograde has mentioned, the issue right now seems to be that getting more tile types in the game is a hassle (same issue that held up diagonal paving options for so long). I hope that gets worked out, so we can get proper cacao trees; trees for coconuts would be good too.

why not just go wogic on it, ya know, like coco beans from Linden tree.  I am only half kidding :)

Its nice that folks who live off the wild get something nice out of it that isn't mass farmable

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

id be content with cocoa planters

That would be taking wogic to a whole nother level though lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legios said:

That would be taking wogic to a whole nother level though lol.

Oddly enough, this is apparently possible.  There's a company in Denmark... Peter Beier HQ, that grows cacao trees in clay pots.

Spoiler

img_9661.jpg

From a surface glance, it doesn't appear they get their chocolate on a commercial scale this way.  They have veritable plantations for that.

Also have no personal opinion as to whether or not this is a good idea.  Just got curious and thought this was kind of cool.

No idea who the young lady is, she appears to have adventures and a site dedicated to them.

Image from https://theadventuresofellecoco.com/2015/10/09/morning-yoga-and-the-danish-chocolate-farm/img_9661/

If it's about adding a new type, kill the nefarious fir tree and replace it with cocoa =P 

For some reason I had it in my head that using a pestle and mortar on hazelnuts would produce cocoa beans (probably eating too much nutella) - anyways - it doesn't - but maybe this might be a fix to the cocoa bean issue without having to introduce a new crop or tree??

"During WWII the price of chocolate skyrocketed due to rationing and Italian chocolatier Pietro Ferrero revived the idea of stretching the precious chocolate supply by adding hazelnuts."