Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

[BETA]Disable Fog Spider mod

Disable Fog Spider mod does two things each has an option to disable either one.

1. Prevent fog spider from spawning when it gets foggy.

2. Make the fog spider almost the same as a giant spider. Specifically the changes are: pierce dmg instead of poison, reduce weaponless fight skill, reduce bite damage and a reduction in its base combat rating.

:Required:
Ago's WurmServerModLauncher.http:// https://github.com/ago1024/WurmServerModLauncher/releases 
Most resent tested WU version is 1123

:Install:
Get a archive release for the mod here: https://github.com/Joedobo27/DisableFogSpider/releases/latest
*Get one of the archive releases and unpack it into the mods folder. The folder path should look something like this: ~Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\mods
* See "DisableFogSpider.properties" file to configure options.

• Like 2

Very cool! but we like our spiders and fog fights :-)

You're going to make some folks happy, i saw a lot of requests.

5 minutes ago, Marlon said:

Very cool! but we like our spiders and fog fights :-)

You're going to make some folks happy, i saw a lot of requests.

Yes me, now i wont have dead spider carcasses eveeywhere, 

thanks for this wonderful mod

Awesome, by giant spider you mean the "huge spider" right? :D

Ty

How did I confuse the huge spider? I've only killed 3817 of them in WO, so says my "Spiders Killed" achievement. 

• Like 1

It would be nice if there could be an optional setting in properties that would allow the complete removal of fog spider spawns for those who desire it.

I played WO back in the day when we had no such thing as fog spiders and I prefer it that way. :)

49 minutes ago, Roushi said:

It would be nice if there could be an optional setting in properties that would allow the complete removal of fog spider spawns for those who desire it.

I played WO back in the day when we had no such thing as fog spiders and I prefer it that way. :)

I wish we had a mod where we could specify exactly what creature types were allowed to spawn on the server.

I even wish that we had a mod where we could specific the creature types allowed to spawn as well as some sort of zone system where we could specify what creature types were allowed to spawn in that specific zone. For example:

zone 1 - wild cats, lions, rats

zone 2 - zone 1 + black bears, brown bears

zone 3 - zone 2 + spiders

zone 4 - just trolls and only trolls

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roushi said:

I wonder what would happen if I set the follow statement from fog spider template creator to Float.MIN_VALUE. This change would use a number so small that the cap should be set to 1 at worst and possibly 0. The object "temp" in this case is a CreatureTemplate for the fog spider.

temp.setMaxPercentOfCreatures(0.01f);

1 hour ago, Nappy said:

I wish we had a mod where we could specify exactly what creature types were allowed to spawn on the server.

I even wish that we had a mod where we could specific the creature types allowed to spawn as well as some sort of zone system where we could specify what creature types were allowed to spawn in that specific zone. For example:

zone 1 - wild cats, lions, rats

zone 2 - zone 1 + black bears, brown bears

zone 3 - zone 2 + spiders

zone 4 - just trolls and only trolls

What is a zone? Wurm's spawning mechanics use tile data or proximity to a lair.

It shouldn't be too hard to set up options to modify the "temp.setMaxPercentOfCreatures(0.01f);" for every creature. I'd have to look at lairs to see how this works into that.

My ideal setup would be where zones are an influence area that radiates out from a deed. The deed (player has 100% control) gets to choose what kind of influence it wants to use. The deed could choose an influence that attracts hard creatures like tolls and such. Or it could choose an influence that pushes away hard creatures and attracts more docile ones. Given that zones are controlled by players in this idea, they would dynamically change as deeds come and go.

But this idea seems out of my ability to do. And for my WU time, I'd rather make a camouflage spell for armor that makes is to mobs don't attack me.

> What is a zone? [snip]

I am guessing Nappy means user created Focus Zones to make this manageable by a GM. I use exactly this technique for the Vampires mod to make it a safe area and to spawn some NPC's into the zone. It's a far cry from what Nappy is requesting, though. :)

But the way I see it, it would certainly be doable, just see to it that no creatures spawn and then have some config file that define which zone should spawn which NPC's. You'd probably want to ditch the fact that people get a notification when they enter the zone though. In my case it's fine, but it would take away a bit of immersion if its only purpose is an area where some creatures are spawned.

From what I recall when I did a fog spiders patch way back then, they work very differently from other spawns, though ... so smacking it into this mod would probably not make sense.

... buuuut I am derailing this thread further now!

Edit: Oh, I see it's joedobo's thread, I guess it might be fine to not talk Fog Spiders!:)

Edited by Friya

On Desolation V4 we have home server zones so the home islands and the main pvp island are actually on one server with no server borders to cross unlike in WO and other WU servers where you actually have to leave the main PVP server to travel to kingdom high islands.

A zone is just a shape (rectangular currently) that marks an area of the server map from x,y to x2,y2 as being a zone (similar to what happens when you define HOTA for example).

Desolation V4 uses a custom zone system that is on top of the one built into Wurm. The default wurm system is used to define things like HOTA. If we defined a bunch of zones and gave them labels then all of a sudden you can begin to present some very interesting scenarios for people. I agree that keeping immersion is important so sometimes not having a visible warning is important in order to preserve the feeling of player discovery.

A simple example and then I will shut up so I don't derail the thread further.

Survival PVE island - land on the island, zone 0, some mild creatures, max skill of 10 allowed eventually driving you to move into zone 1 where you can gain more skill and perhaps have access to more wurm craftable items (meaning zone level limits item creation too). Maybe something like the survival mod kicks in as you advance. When you enter into even higher zones you begin to face bigger dangers from both survival and mobs while also gaining access to better rewards like items, tools, weapons, skills.

This has the potential to completely turn standard Wurm on it's head. Normally things are hardest at first and get's way easier as your skills improve. If you tie it to a need to explore, to move zones etc then you potentially can match current skill level to perceived level of difficulty. If you wanted to be really nasty you could even make it so certain zones are negative (like the Dark Ages in Europe). Perhaps killing things in a negative zone (zone 5) means that you lose, rather than gain fight skill for example.

An untapped power of Wurm, especially in WO, is the ability to have so many different playing experiences/scenarios for people to enjoy. In WO everything is largely the same. I still think embracing the potential of variety could take the game in a vastly better direction than the current, one size for all (although Epic does have some differences from Freedom meaning some mild variation does exist).

~Nappy

I just looked at the Zone.class and methods like spawnCreature(). It looks like too much work to me to modify all that to fit custom zone spawning. 

Now, if modifying the fields say: maxPercentOfCreatures, maxPopulationOfCreatures within CreatureTemplate.class will let us control spawn (mostly likely server wide) that is doable. It's just reflectively getting each creature's template and setting those fields (and maybe toggles like usesMaxPopulation).