Sign in to follow this  
khors

Body Control Grinding...

...so, I'm not really inclined as a newb to do the arrow making and improving thing....what is the next and third best activities to do constantly to best progressively improve Body Control, other than the arrow-making and improving thing.

Thanks

Edited by khors

Improving anything carpentry-related (Carpentry or its subskills) is probably the best, because you get body control from both the skill itself, and from Knives skill whenever you have to use a carving knife.

Improving tailoring or smithing items is also good, and so is archery.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gone420 said:

archery

hunting with sword

otherwise carpentry

How about chopping down trees with a sword...is that about as good?

Thx. . .so to get the best out of gaining body control, should i use a 1ql or 50 ql sword, or does it matter?

4 minutes ago, Sandyar said:

Yes up to 20 sword skill.

Thx. . .so to get the best out of gaining body control, should i use a 1ql or 50 ql sword, or does it matter?

Shield grinding use to be good before they patched it. Outside of that it's like everyone else said. 

1 minute ago, Rasu said:

Shield grinding use to be good before they patched it. Outside of that it's like everyone else said. 

Again... Thx. . .but my last inquiry about this....so to get the best out of gaining body control, should i use a 1ql or 50 ql sword, or does it matter?

Butchering. Got me to riding a hellhorse in a reasonable time.

Combine with archery or sword to get the materials for butchering, and you're on the fast track.

• Like 1

I remember some years ago when wanting to raise BC on a new alt to be able to ride horses that archery was the fastest way I could find. Had em cut trees with a 2hand sword also to raise that skill to 20 but don't remember it giving BC gains for doing that.

=Ayes=

It might be worth noting that some creatures (seals, various spiders, hell hounds) give very good Body Control gains from Mind Stealer.

I've had cases of Circe getting 0.10+ Body Control in the span of ten minutes from seals. Usually it's a lot less common than that, but it's added up over time, and it's worth considering if you'll be hunting anyway.

On 12/19/2016 at 0:59 AM, khors said:

Again... Thx. . .but my last inquiry about this....so to get the best out of gaining body control, should i use a 1ql or 50 ql sword, or does it matter?

I don't believe QL (or enchants, for that matter) affect characteristic gains. So a 50 QL sword is probably better just for the sake of keeping yourself alive and being able to actually kill stuff.

Sword ql wont matter for body control gains.

Hunt with a sword, butcher everything you kill. Make sure you use CoC.

But above all archery gives the best body control gains. All carpentry skills are probably second best, fine carp, bowyery, fletching etc. Leatherworking is good too.

On 1/14/2017 at 2:45 PM, Madt said:

Make sure you use CoC.

A good idea for other reasons, but just to be clear, CoC does not work on characteristics.

Wasn't sure if that was true or not, still good to have as you said for weapon skilling.