Sign in to follow this  
Marlon

Citadel server users - happy?

Could I ask whom of you are still using citadel, and if you happy?

I am hoping for honest responses on both sides, to help weigh up my options for migration or staying with them.

The last few days have been terrible, and their support are downplaying every little issue as my fault, even when their own CDN cannot reach them.

Today, my server mysteriously shut down while players were playing, and judging by the support responses I have gotten before, I cannot get myself to create another ticket.

Oh and the lag today is real bad (even though I have a 170ms roundtrip to my server ip, there seems to be some serious IO issues on it).

Share please guys, else I'll have to go back to the self-managed unix machines, which in all honesty, is a pain in the ass to manage...

Yep. I am starting to see why. It is sad that we have to take this to a forum to get some kind of venting done.

The support responses are rude, short and "its not us, its you", when I have clear proof in the traceroutes, the CDN responses....

The server restarts, shutdowns... not to mention when they "investigate" issues, they stop your server, unplanned, uninformed, and never start it back.

It's not good... But options are limited, very limited, so dedicated server it is.

We are paying for a dedicated core server from Citadel. No real problems thus far, totally lag free, the response times on tickets could be a little swifter, but overall, we are happy :)

Valiance and Kaylie.

• Like 1

Thx for the good word, it helps.

But I won't argue, to each his own. I am in the process of negotiation for colocated machines atm. Can't have players messed around like this anymore.

Hi Marlon, we are sorry to hear you are having issues, you have a unique name so i am sure that you are the affilated person in question ( In Netherlands) I have wrote an answer to your statements above which i hope will address any misconceptions for you and others with your posting

Our website sits behind a CDN (Cloudflare) and is in the cloud across Canada, USA, France and UK and is accessible at all times. You can check cloudflares status here: https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/

However there has been no reported downtime for Netherlands Cloudflare and our website has 100% uptime. If you are unable to access the website currently then it would be a network connectivity issue between yourself, Your ISP and the network between your ISP's infrastructure and our webhosting\cloudflare. However you state you are having network issues with your Game Server in Amsterdam which is hosted entirely seperate (Different datacenter, network etc), this would certainly mean you have on-going local connection issues. We have had no reports from the 100s of people we host for in our Amsterdam location in-regards to our website access or game server hosting\dedicated servers nodes.

We would like to help you and come to a resolution in any way we can, however it's out of our hands if there if you are indeed having localised network issues, we would recommend that you please contact your ISP regarding the connectivity\routing issues. It may be possible another hosting location may be preferable for you where your able to correctly network between your local network and that datacenter e.g. our France\UK locations, we can certainly move you to these locations to test, free of charge,  however for Wurm, it's IP specific and as such as the IP will change but your routing issues may be resolved.

• Like 1

Everyone loves shitposting citadel lol. I usually lurk these forums every now and then but figured i would have a say i have been running a few servers with Citadel for a few years now, their France datacenter is great, i have previously had CSGO, ARK and minecraft servers with them in France\UK and i did have wurm server with them a few months back for playing with friends, no complaints, was actually suprised how good their game control panel was for it, although they did not have Amsterdam location when i had my wurm server, i currently have a GTA Five Reborn server with them in Netherlands datacenter, no problems wiith ping or connection, ( I live in Utrecht) and i am able to access their website, you might wanna check your connection mate

Malky, MATE, seeing as you're being a fanboy now... lets put things into perspective. I am not "shitposting"... I am in need of support which I did not get proper answers to.

I know the logic will amaze.

Preface: You registered a new account to post this? 2 posts and you're calling me a shitposter? Goodjarb. I am using the "forum", for exactly what it is intended for.

1. Do you know what a CDN is and how tcp/ip works?

2. Because you can access it AT THIS MOMENT, does not mean that you were AROUND when I had the issue over the last few weeks, where both my traceroutes and cloud flares status pages show that traffic stops at cloudflare and at the same time their own website is not accessible, the server DOES INDEED become INACCESSIBLE for me on my 20meg digital connection, as well as my players in Netherlands itself.

3. I am very aware of what a CDN is, in fact, I am a java developer for a company, which is also Amazon's largest client on the continent I live on, and I develop highly available content distribution systems myself. I know, but thanks.

4. Some nice responses to this thread would be logical "yes, im happy, thats why" or "no, im not, thats why", your post starts out with pretty much the most useless 3 words around, "everyone", "shitposting" and "lol. Everyone meaning you just umbrella'd everyone on the forum, as shitposters, and "not really" LOL?

Anyway.

With that out of the way.... because one 2 poster guy really convinced me big-time...

Citadel:

1. Many thanks for the response. I really do appreciate it.

2. As stated to MATE above, at the time your site was inaccessible from South Africa, and the Netherlands at the same time, the server also kicked everyone else off and was inaccessible. During that time, traceroutes only got as far as Cloudflare, and no further. Also: http://prntscr.com/dlc2do

That is a status 5xx which is a server error, not a client error on 4xx as per REST.

3. I am not running away just yet, I am also not a fanboy, but I enjoy your integrated map compiler, etc. It seems like you went far for WU, which is awesome, and worth hanging around for. I am using my Netherlands based server as a secondary now.

4. My second complaint was the fact that the server was cleanly shutdown at 5pm on Sunday (my time 5pm) - but I don't want to talk about that here. I will show you what I have in a support ticket.

5. Lastly, the responses to my tickets were quite unsatisfactory, simply stating that my connection must be the problem (refer to 2 ^ ).

No love lost. I just want to sort things out so I can trust it. At this stage my server is shut down, and we are running of a dedicated debian machine.

This guy ^ is correct about one thing, and that is Citadels panel is well laid out, with everything in reach, and more (mapviewer) - stuff that some of the other big guys don't even have. I <3 that.

Thanks for reading.

M

Edited by Marlon
typo

Here is what I got from these thieves when I asked for a refund of the balance.

Hi Laurie,

We only do account credits, credits can then be used to purchase services or pay for other services with us.

https://www.citadelservers.com/en-gb/terms-of-service
15.6 When cancelling a service with us, if you have used paypal as the method of payment you must cancel the subscription in your paypal account, Citadel Servers cannot do this for you. Failure to do so will result in the subscription continuing and all overpayments will be assigned as credit to your account. Overpayments are not refundable via merchant gateways and can be used to purchase services with us.

Best Regards,

-Eric H
-Technical Support Operative
www.CitadelServers.com

----------------------------------------------
Ticket ID: #117122
Subject: closing of account [MERGED]
Ticket URL: https://www.citadelservers.com/client/viewticket.php?tid=117122&c=wgTGVBYq
----------------------------------------------

visit our website | log in to your account | get support 
Copyright © Citadel Servers, All rights reserved.

How the hell am I going to be able to use these co called credits....when they dont have anything I want.

to start with to much trouble and to many hassles.

apart from that I cannot trust them.... 

As far as I am concerned they have designed it like that just so the unhappy/dissatisfied clients LOOSE OUT when they cancel their accounts.

11 hours ago, Tipsy said:

How the hell am I going to be able to use these co called credits....when they dont have anything I want.

to start with to much trouble and to many hassles.

apart from that I cannot trust them.... 

As far as I am concerned they have designed it like that just so the unhappy/dissatisfied clients LOOSE OUT when they cancel their accounts.

Try to get the money via paypal back. Open such a charge back case, there is no physical value you got so you have a good chance in winning this.

If you can't get a charge back via paypal then I would sue Citadel.

I highly recommend to contact a lawyer and ask if it is worth to sue Citadel before doing so.

Edited by Sklo:D

if you stop the service and pay one more month, than its your mistake

YOU have to cancel the automatic payment, like the same as your real bank

Like Sklo:D said, ask paypal and maybe you get your money back

THEY ARE SCAMING PEOPLE! I bought FIVEM server AND NOT WORKING! Asked for refund still waiting for past 4 days they are making me fool! And always excuses, now i will make carge back from my credit card company and i already reported the website to inspection and i send them also all conversations and the confirmation for paying for server. Be careful! DO NOT BUY SERVICE FROM THEM!