Recommended Posts

Back in the day we had proximity voice comms.  Some people hated it, some people loved it.  As I understand it the system was a bit wonky and so it was removed.  That was about 6 years ago.  Would be cool to see it resurrected and brought back even better than before.  Perhaps make a way to mute specific players the same way we /ignore their chat messages.  Just an idea.  What do YOU think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would be cool to have again.

+1 to vote to reinstall it.

 

Ratheden/Perodin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1

definitely among nice features to have in large MMO's, integrated voice comms helps remove the need for players to have background programs running.

Of course it'd be so much cooler if Teams, Alliance, Village, Kingdom, etc, along with Proximity each had their own channels. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Itd be cool, but, lets not charge fees to use it this time and make sure it gets properly tested.

 

The old system was pretty cheap and caused a lot of crashes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 i used it from time to time, was a fun system.

 

Not sure what fees propheteer is talking about I dont remember those :P Was there a fee at some point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 for optional.

 

single click to mute them all included with launch pretty please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this idea of this. However, I'm going to have to set up Stereo Mix so I can blast some high quality Rick Astley.

 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I linked a couple devs to this thread.  Hopefully they'll give it a look and a response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just use the discord channel. I was going to set one up a while back but I was trying to do something more official with devs and gms involved. Lack of time to fully commit but now someone else has put up a public discord chat and can be used in the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

discord takes your location on a game into consideratio n when talking to other players???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

discord takes your location on a game into consideratio n when talking to other players???

Exactly.  Proximity chat is way better and more immersive, imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2016 at 10:11 AM, Slickshot said:

Exactly.  Proximity chat is way better and more immersive, imo. 

It wouldn't be proximity chat but it has all different server rooms so can be a server voice. Its not 100% the same but it will get the same thing accomplished without the devs having to put it in. From what I recall it didn't work as great as it could have back then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

It wouldn't be proximity chat but it has all different server rooms so can be a server voice. Its not 100% the same but it will get the same thing accomplished without the devs having to put it in. From what I recall it didn't work as great as it could have back then. 

Do you know how many years ago that was?  Things with this game hardly ever remain stagnant.  I believe in their capabilities.  It would be a great feature--even better than before!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Do you know how many years ago that was?  Things with this game hardly ever remain stagnant.  I believe in their capabilities.  It would be a great feature--even better than before!

As long as it would have a turn off option would be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now