Sign in to follow this  
Wolfey

[Fixed] Stills decaying on deed

Hi, posting this for Thorakkanath. He seems to have noticed that stills are decaying on a deed with 500+ days of upkeep. This is most likely in error, since no other cookers seem to decay in the same way.

Thank you. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the report.  I'll bring this to the attention of the devs.  

My rare still took some decay damage the other day too. I didn't realize they were on the no decay list or I'd have mentioned it.

I'm no longer able to get a still to take decay on deed (although I don't use mine much).  Since this report I've repaired my stills both on live and on test (which two did have decay) and since then there has been no more decay.

I you all please repair your stills and keep an eye on them to let me know if they take further decay.  If so, please let me know where they are (ex.  Second floor in a house above ground, in a mine, in a mine inside a house, above ground not in a building, etc.)

Also, do you have one that you don't use to compare it with to see if decay happens while lit, when snuffed, when it burns out itself, etc?

On 1/10/2017 at 4:48 AM, Thorakkanath said:

Stills *STILL* decaying on deed almost a month later....

I cannot reproduce this on live or on test.

Have you repaired all your stills since your last report?

Do you have more than 1 in the same spot?

Are the all taking decay?

Are they all being used?

On 1/25/2017 at 7:58 PM, Alectrys said:

I cannot reproduce this on live or on test.

Have you repaired all your stills since your last report?

Do you have more than 1 in the same spot?

Are the all taking decay?

Are they all being used?

I haven't repaired them but I kept track of the damage - atm I wouldn't call it fixed just yet, i'll want to wait a bit longer

I got 2 on the same tile, both taking damage, both runed and they are both being used

It seemed to me that the more I used them the quicker id get a decay tick, but this is xanadu so chances are its gonna take longer for decay to show

I will report back in 2 weeks, then we should know for sure

10 hours ago, Thorakkanath said:

I got 2 on the same tile, both taking damage, both runed and they are both being used

Rather than decay damage from just sitting there, could they be taking damage from being used, I believe forges take damage from use as well, each time they are lit same as your lantern.

31 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Rather than decay damage from just sitting there, could they be taking damage from being used, I believe forges take damage from use as well, each time they are lit same as your lantern.

I have a rare still that I've had since not long after 1.3 release, secured to the ground, used it a lot and it has never seen a spec of damage

I also made a 50ql~ one not rare but also secured, has seen a bit of use too, no damage

I'm currently watching mine for decay also. I had received two decay ticks on my rare still...I repaired both times....then Alectrys asked us to watch again, so I've been checking back every so often. I was using it the past two days also. I'm on Xan also, so it may take awhile for me to notice another tick. This is 71+ QL.

Edit : Just checked my rare still today, and it's got a new decay tick, had no damage yesterday.

[20:54:08] A still used in distilling alcohol. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It could be improved with a lump. Ql: 71.17491, Dam: 1.2644905. The still has been firmly secured to the ground by Corsan. You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Corsan'. The fire is not lit.

Was repaired like 3-5 days ago, and no damage during that time, no other stills on the tile, was used yesterday and the day before. Logged off with no decay, and today there is damage. (I left it going when I logged off since it still had another .30 to distill...)

Edited by Corsan
New information.

2 hours ago, Thorakkanath said:

Both my stills took damage today

OK, it sounds like they are taking damage with the distilling process then?

I'll add this note to the bug to see if this is intended.  Thanks for checking.  I don't use mine much if at all and mine have no damage.

1 hour ago, Alectrys said:

OK, it sounds like they are taking damage with the distilling process then?

I'll add this note to the bug to see if this is intended.  Thanks for checking.  I don't use mine much if at all and mine have no damage.

Weirdly enough, I haven't used them to distill anything in a week.....

Just sitting there....

I cant find any reason why they would take decay.

But the distilling recipes were all changed recently so please see if its still happening.

(I have a load of stills on test that have taken zero damage since the start of testing).

14 minutes ago, Tich said:

I cant find any reason why they would take decay.

But the distilling recipes were all changed recently so please see if its still happening.

(I have a load of stills on test that have taken zero damage since the start of testing).

I understand there were changes made recently, but the decay tick happened literally yesterday after not being used in more than a week

Weirdly enough, on both

Also even weirder, only a few hours later than Corsans

Would it help if I would show you where they physically are in game? Maybe there are some logs you can pull by examining them or the ground or something?

4 hours ago, Thorakkanath said:

I understand there were changes made recently, but the decay tick happened literally yesterday after not being used in more than a week

Weirdly enough, on both

Also even weirder, only a few hours later than Corsans

Would it help if I would show you where they physically are in game? Maybe there are some logs you can pull by examining them or the ground or something?

On 2/4/2017 at 7:21 PM, Corsan said:

I'm currently watching mine for decay also. I had received two decay ticks on my rare still...I repaired both times....then Alectrys asked us to watch again, so I've been checking back every so often. I was using it the past two days also. I'm on Xan also, so it may take awhile for me to notice another tick. This is 71+ QL.

Edit : Just checked my rare still today, and it's got a new decay tick, had no damage yesterday.

[20:54:08] A still used in distilling alcohol. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It could be improved with a lump. Ql: 71.17491, Dam: 1.2644905. The still has been firmly secured to the ground by Corsan. You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Corsan'. The fire is not lit.

Was repaired like 3-5 days ago, and no damage during that time, no other stills on the tile, was used yesterday and the day before. Logged off with no decay, and today there is damage. (I left it going when I logged off since it still had another .30 to distill...)

Can you please let me know the approximate location of the stills which you verified damage?  You can let me know via forum PM if you prefer to keep the locations private.

Server

Deed

Building

Above or below ground

Rare or normal

Thanks

2 hours ago, Alectrys said:

Can you please let me know the approximate location of the stills which you verified damage?  You can let me know via forum PM if you prefer to keep the locations private.

Server

Deed

Building

Above or below ground

Rare or normal

Thanks

Xanadu

Thunderstorm Keep

Outside of building

Above ground

Normal

(Runed with 10% less fuel usage)

Your welcome :) 

4 hours ago, Alectrys said:

Server

Deed

Building

Above or below ground

Rare or normal

Thanks

Xanadu

One Knight's Stand

No building, sitting secured to the ground out in the open on a grass tile, not even on the same tile as anything else.

Above ground. (Not in cave system)

Rare.

Edited by Corsan
Edit : I did repair it.

[15:49:19] A still used in distilling alcohol. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It could be improved with a lump. Ql: 70.96126, Dam: 2.552888. The still has been firmly secured to the ground by Corsan. You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Cors.n'. The fire is not lit.

Got hit with another one. Not even been using it since shortly after my last post. Have been way too busy with other things to mess with brewing.

It's not just stills. I've noticed my kiln, smelter, oven, forge, open fireplace, and a few others have taken miniature decay ticks. (I can't remember exactly which ones were included on that 'shouldn't take damage' list....) Something is still sneaking a little decay tick in here or there, on stuff that shouldn't be getting them on deed.

I was thinking forges were taking decay ticks because they were being used.  Like since the fire is on it's being used.  If that's not the correct wogic, then ya, my forges, ovens and the like are taking decay ticks too.

On 6/12/2017 at 7:53 AM, Thorakkanath said:

Stills *STILL* decaying on deed almost half a year later....

On 3/9/2017 at 4:58 PM, Corsan said:

[15:49:19] A still used in distilling alcohol. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It could be improved with a lump. Ql: 70.96126, Dam: 2.552888. The still has been firmly secured to the ground by Corsan. You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Cors.n'. The fire is not lit.

Got hit with another one. Not even been using it since shortly after my last post. Have been way too busy with other things to mess with brewing.

On 12/18/2016 at 1:12 AM, Wolfey said:

Hi, posting this for Thorakkanath. He seems to have noticed that stills are decaying on a deed with 500+ days of upkeep. This is most likely in error, since no other cookers seem to decay in the same way.

Thank you. :)

Would the three of you mind reparing your damaged stills and keeping an eye on them?   A possible fix was pushed out with today's patch but was omitted from the patch notes.  I'll leave this bug open for now and await your findings.  If possible, rename your still with the repair date so that we have a baseline. http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/155411-patch-notes-22jun17/ (822 for my reference)

Thanks!

I repaired mine again and renamed it with the date. (It's been hit a few times since this thread started.) It started at over 70 QL, but it's now 69 QL range. I'm kinda getting bored with Wurm lately (I overdid with my playtime lately) so I may/may not be on as much, but I'll try and check it here or there again as I hop on here. I'm almost certain I haven't even used the still since the last time I posted in here...so I don't think it's a 'on use it takes decay' thing.

We'll see if this fixed it.