Sign in to follow this  
Tryfaen

Suggestion: Compasses take damage when they settle

I like this and the idea of compasses decaying & improving them. That is all. +1

Edited by shakys
Removed trolling quote.

What about a gold, silver, bronze etc. Compass? Each gives you a different graphic on your hud. More reasons to buy compasses?

Make current compasses legacy heirlooms and the new compasses function like everything else regarding decay, repair + imp?

Disclaimer: I only own a starter compass. I hold no stock in any ore mining operations and do not stand to personally benefit from any idea put forth.

• Like 1

-1, never ever ever. We've got chores enough. its like thorgot said, i don't even remember the last time i used a lantern. Even in caves i usually skip them and go by wall mouseovers.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, whykillme said:

-1, never ever ever. We've got chores enough. its like thorgot said, i don't even remember the last time i used a lantern. Even in caves i usually skip them and go by wall mouseovers.

That's pretty hardcore man :lol:

I'll do mouseovers in the distance in mines cuz trolls scare me (along with everything else), but repairing and quickly imping a lantern really doesn't take that long.  My skills are low, my lantern hovers on average of 35 +/-.  Couple minutes while I'm at the forge for something else anyway.  You'd save a lot of time and broken noses not having to bounce off walls in mines :P

I will say, so many people mentioning chores... it sometimes sounds like people really don't like this game very much.

get bent

they take plenty of damage when you accidentally drop them in a chest by mistake

too hard to make a good one

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PumperNickel said:

I like this and the idea of compasses decaying & improving them. That is all. +1

Who even cares what u think with a acc created just to post here? :P

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 5:01 PM, Tryfaen said:

I suggest that compasses should take a minor amount of damage whenever they settle. This would give compasses a lifespan and create a vibrant market with sustainable demand.

No way! This is only a mechanism to assist the profiteers, as you have so plainly stated your intentions. Note also that other player created objects can be repaired while compasses can not. If something like this were put into effect (hopefully not) then they would also need to be made repairable as well as improvable.

=Ayes=

4 hours ago, Tuga said:

The acc wasn't made just to post here, refrain from making yourself look like an idiot. She usually views post and not comment, and recently made an account and decided to use it. Her soul purpose wasn't to comment on this post

• Like 2

No please. Absolute -1. From someone who is able to create good compasses so it would even may bump up business. Still. No.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tuga said:

Why do you think my opinion is not as important as yours? Everyone is entitled to one and I decided to say mine. No need for the idiotic reply about mine. When I made my account has no importance as to why I posted my opinion here either.  

Edited by PumperNickel
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, PumperNickel said:

Why do you think my opinion is not as important as yours? Everyone is entitled to one and I decided to say mine. No need for the idiotic reply about mine. When I made my account has no importance as to why I posted my opinion here either.  

Aye.

Lurkers are a thing. Don't be an ass when one chooses to speak their mind.

1 hour ago, Yiraia said:

The acc wasn't made just to post here, refrain from making yourself look like an idiot. She usually views post and not comment, and recently made an account and decided to use it. Her soul purpose wasn't to comment on this post

I like when people step up for their friends. Good on you.

-----

Back on topic, -1 unless the entire process is reviewed. I wouldn't mind one more project for skilling my smithers, but really, I only see this devaluing the market.

Everyone and their grandchildren would be able to just rep/imp the compass and the exclusivity would fade.

Being said, I am always happy to imp and repair my own gear, as it keepa my costs to a minimum. ?

I like my god-compass.

Imping would eventually turn it rare. Hm...

Edited 999999ms ago by Makarus

Reason: hoodoo the voodoo

• Like 1

Instead of bitching about peoples personal compass.  Which are necessary for way to damn much.

• make compasses improvable.
  • give them a chance to lose 0.001 ql per tap
  • give compasses a "Tap" action.  (which would manually adjust the setting)
  • have a compass stop losing Quality at 1.0 (or repairable)
  • make them "install-able" on a ship.  
    • make these call for a bearing when the boat travels straight.
    • allow the compass heading to "drift" based on the quality of the compass.

just a few ideas to change the usage for compasses.  maybe if these options were included we could go with compass quality needing to be improved from time to time.

12 hours ago, Yiraia said:

11 hours ago, PumperNickel said:

See there! It is nice to see new people making their first forum account and to start posting. This is not some alt account made to hide behind to comment on unpopular or controversial issues. Besides that I like the name too! One of my favorite breads that brings to mind pleasant memories of munching away on it and contents. Not too crumby either.

=Ayes=