Sign in to follow this  
Tuga

Mobs and Meats...

So since the new grunf cooking update that Im really loving, the meats get moldy and rotten and stuff...

First they get like that really, but really fast. Like even faster then in RL.......

Second is that many of us got a couple of champ animals and stuff. Mobs or animals that need to be pretty much hand feed with those meats that now get moldy so fast.

When they do, those animals dont eat em anymore.

So, PLEASE make the wild animals and mobs, all creatures that eat meat, to be able to eat rotten and moldy meat :P they arent that picky!

Im not seeing myself dropping meat in their pens like daily just to feed em...

Please fix this in some way. One of my friends is taking down the fences of the pens and building custom 1 by 1 houses to slow down the rotting, wich I think its insane!

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Tuga said:

they arent that picky!

I feel for ya pets lol :D:D:D 

• Like 1

I drop pumpkins and other veg for my animals I hope they are eating the moldy ones and not letting them rot. Same for meat if there's some there they should eat it.

We have a deed we founded only to keep champs, 25 pens, 2x2 each, designed to look like a nice forest with dangerous creatures, why all pens had chain links fences, to don't be visible and give the impression of wild land with free creatures.

Since the cooking update, the meat I used to drop for them is rotting in 2-3 days, making it impossible to feed them and keep what's left of my sanity.

We decided to bash a corner of each pen and make 1x1 sheds, because in a house, on the floor, meat is rotting a little slower. That's 2000 bricks and mortar, plus several (real) days of my life wasted, not to mention that there's not a forest anymore, but a bad looking zoo.

I'm unhappy. Was this change needed at all? meat and filets were decaying just fine, took them about a week to rot.

We need a way to keep animals fed without going crazy .. a sort of feeder, less decay on deed, whatever.

• Like 3

Get a fresh steak, get the worse smelly rotten rancid steak... put a dog between the two... check what happens. Let the silly creatures eat the rotten stuff first, like their real counterparts. Because sometimes RL is worse than wurm!

• Like 1

Seems decorative items decay just moved into food stuff, lol.  Please remove fast decay on meat/veggie/food items.

+1

Let's give the devs something to work with what the heck.

Some form of cauldron you add a yuge pile of meat or veggies to and top off with water... let's say you need 50% or more water for it to work... heat up, items become "boiled" version of the originals, decay slower.

Devs can then decide whether they include the new "boiled" foods into more recipes, or just keep it as animal fodder.

(Edit: didn't someone suggest kibble recently?  That would work too)

Edited by Mordraug