Sign in to follow this  
Grandexeno

[CAVE DWELLINGS] Suggestions (Pave & Farm)

Hello everyone, Thestranger here \o

Today I will propose two suggestions that I deem not only feasable, but also pleasant and functional.

1)Make it possible to PAVE mine floor tiles (behaviour: as normal paving; extra rule: need to be flat? Your choice) with SLABS. Not bricks, only slabs: seems reasonable as a requirement, plus it will make mines prettier (many color options rock-slab-marble) and faster to walk in. Imagine also tunnels, for example: real underground speedways, more than with reinforced minefloor tiles.

1a. Optional (up to debate): make it possible to pave mine WALLS. Just a graphic thing, could be misleading into thinking a paved wall is an actual vein, so it's   debatable: I'll nonetheless leave it here.

2)Make it possible to GROW RED MUSHROOMS on flat cave tiles. Self explanatory, ain't it? They're used as a "any veg" (and "any mushroom" too I guess?) in recipes, so that if one doesn't want to leave his cave (Dwarf Kingdom Style), he can grow those to sustain the vegetable part in his meals.

That's all, folks: leave a comment if you like or dislike those two suggestions \o

Edited by Grandexeno
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Grandexeno said:

2)Make it possible to GROW RED MUSHROOMS on flat cave tiles. Self explanatory, ain't it? They're used as a "any veg" (and "any mushroom" too I guess?) in recipes, so that if one doesn't want to leave his cave (Dwarf Kingdom Style), he can grow those to sustain the vegetable part in his meals.

P L U M P  H E L M E T S

pls

19 hours ago, Asmodeuss said:

In the cave instead of cultivating on soil we make then on logs?

drill-diagram.jpg

http://www.fungi.com/blog/items/plug-spawn.html

And/or hay bags yeah.  It's likely way easier to code a new planter item that only works in caves vs. actual alterations to the cave tiles.

That said, +1 also to paving in caves.  Basically a new "floor reinforcement" item that also includes a slab and gives it a prettier graphic.  Graphics for marble/stone/slate ones exist anyways.

+1

marble slab paving in a mine sounds really cool.

also +1 to drilled out logs, and the addition of hand drills to blacksmithing.

Smooth marble walls for the underground grotto sounds cool too, but not sure. Maybe attached to a reinforced wall with concrete?

If i can grow any crop in my cave that would be amazing. How about some grow lights? Or a whole different class of plants for foods and medicine that only grow underground. The same amount that grows on the dirt. Cave dwelling definitely needs a lot more work.

+1