Sign in to follow this  
Cecci

Loadable ice box for snowballs

I suggest that we that want to make tons of ice cream get a possibility to store bigger amounts of snowballs in something else than larders.

Some sort of large crate sized container with insulation maybe.

Loadable.

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 5

My vote is to allow snow to be stored in BSBs.

Summer folks still need ice!

• Like 3

A crate lined with sawdust... or woodscraps.

Or a regular crate with a certain ratio of snow and woodscraps needed? Wonder if any wood type prevents snow melting...

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

icebox, holds only ice nothing else, requires SALT and ICE TONGS (optional: pick)

Snowballs+salt go in top, after a time remove w tongs iceblocks from the bottom

iceblocks last much much much longer than snowballs

For recipes requiring snow, can chip ice with pick and the chipped ice acts identical to snowballs

Larders can use any: blocks, chips and snowballs. Blocks last 10X longer, chips last 5x longer than snowballs.

CAN STOCK MANY BLOCKS FOR LONG PERIODS

Never worry about "missing a winter" again

(winters are SO short and people sometimes cannot play every single day.)

eab19d99ee91d613fed2aaee24c08606.jpg

mBP4SgUarBXjRgJOaNLYdvg.jpg

10kg-Ice-Blocks-300x275.jpg

5b0e157a6b399fa01d3917dc12c7df3d.jpg

ice-cube-wallpaper-34-260x195.jpeg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 6

I look forward to the usual round of demands for winter to be removed completely the moment the snow graphics hit. Should be lively.

Having picked around 22 snowballs in a small area on deed I could notice the extreme decay on them, I got like a damage tick on the pile in inventory every ten seconds.

We have to be able to at least get them to the larder before they start to decay.

The dmg speed also has to be lowered or they wont last long.

My clients (only were two clients on low settings) froze also, maybe cause of the constant ticks.

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 1

I picked about 30 snowballs worth of snow in about an hour and yes,  many of them  (6/30) were starting to get decay damage in less than an hour inside the ice box of the Larder.  That's just way too fast given there is no alternative for storage of snow/snowballs necessary in use to slow meals/food decay in the larder.

The snow I picked today clearly won't last halfway through winter even with QL in the 60's-90's.  This is not good for the storage aspect of the new foods gameplay  of Wurm Online.  I agree with Cecci above.

My suggestion is to either allow snow to be stored in bins (BSB or FSB, whiehever fits best with the developer's concept), or drastically slow the decay rate of snow inside a larder.

Edited by Tristanc

8 hours ago, Cecci said:

Having picked around 22 snowballs in a small area on deed I could notice the extreme decay on them, I got like a damage tick on the pile in inventory every ten seconds.

We have to be able to at least get them to the larder before they start to decay.

The dmg speed also has to be lowered or they wont last long.

My clients (only were two clients on low settings) froze also, maybe cause of the constant ticks.

Was thinking about this too with the decay.  I'm hoping maybe the damage will go back to zero once it's in the larder to get colder with the other snow balls.

Or have the snow balls turn into Ice once they are in the larder's Ice box for awhile and then compile to 0 damage like a BSB does and also like how heating up ore gets to glowing.

Bump.  

Large Crate size Ice box with same properties as icebox in larder, that holds 300 snowballs, so you can travel around and pick up snowballs and keep them safe until you can get back home.

• Like 1