Sign in to follow this  
Slickshot

Mega Project, Anyone?

Asks for suggestions, likes a suggestion, then tries to turn into their own idea... lol

Memorial sounds good, maze/castle done before, alot.

2 minutes ago, Shadz said:

Asks for suggestions, likes a suggestion, then tries to turn into their own idea... lol

Memorial sounds good, maze/castle done before, alot.

I gave credit to Neenee for her idea in two different comments.  I also messaged them privately and told them I liked that idea. lol

4 hours ago, Araninke said:

Guess no one is interested in a Newspring bridge :/ 

This really needs doing some time, by some insane individuals who are true Xanadians at heart.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Etherdrifter said:

This really needs doing some time, by some insane individuals who are true Xanadians at heart.

I enjoy building bridges, but I don't really like Xanadu, otherwise I'd probably be interested. lol

1 minute ago, Shadz said:

That's old news. haha  No I'm thinking something along the lines of Neenee's memorial idea.  Whether that be a castle, a massive maze, a grandiose garden, or something else better.

Edited by Slickshot

Just now, Slickshot said:

That's old news. haha

Hopefully the attitude you had there is also old news.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shadz said:

Hopefully the attitude you had there is also old news.

The feeling is mutual.  Bygones and all that, though. :)  New beginnings.

if you are boring come help us making 8 new markets all around xanadu spawns...  newspring is now open we are at lormare now :D

19 hours ago, Aeryck said:

Tons of buildings to spell something out on map dump?

Someone needs to print a wiki page on a big open field on Xanadu. :lol:

• Like 1

Wow. Checked that link to the wall thread.

The best advice is to ignore people like that, and hire out a crew for the project. Stay on public land and get approval for highway modification from the people who's opinion matters - GMs.

Anyways. Good luck with a project.

Any dedication ceremony for a memorial, let me know when. I have a name or few that I'd like to add to the list, and will bring the statues to wherever that may be located.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Makarus said:

Wow. Checked that link to the wall thread.

The best advice is to ignore people like that, and hire out a crew for the project. Stay on public land and get approval for highway modification from the people who's opinion matters - GMs.

Anyways. Good luck with a project.

Any dedication ceremony for a memorial, let me know when. I have a name or few that I'd like to add to the list, and will bring the statues to wherever that may be located.

Thanks for your interest in any memorial ceremony!  I'll keep you posted IF we do such a project.

I'm +1 To Xanadu- Newspring Bridge Project. 

With this connection there could be more than 3 people on Newspring, and also 95% Xanadu players would discover that there is such an island. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slickshot said:

I enjoy building bridges, but I don't really like Xanadu, otherwise I'd probably be interested. lol

Too bad, i was going to suggest you an all-around-Xan highway. A coastal highway going literally all around the server.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, zigozag said:

Too bad, i was going to suggest you an all-around-Xan highway. A coastal highway going literally all around the server.

Xanadu Beltway.

Could have inter continental highways from 8 points on the map, culminating jn a nexus of crossroads in the center.

A bridge spanning the highest and farthest gap.

• Like 1

Main post updated to hopefully narrow down the nature of this proposed project.

Edited by Slickshot

Um, is this the guy who was gonna remake a starter deed and disapeared?

Ok, just read all of this.  I have concluded that "someone" wants to build a castle inside of a maze, but would like others to help.  Do I have it correct?
;)

Just kidding and a free bump

• Like 1

Make a maze but make it 3D.

Some parts of the maze have buildings interconnected by rope bridges which may or may not be a shortcut or dead end..... Then ditto for random cave entrances that may or may not be a dead end or have another exit which may or may not ........ you get the idea.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cecci said:

Um, is this the guy who was gonna remake a starter deed and disapeared?

The Factional Fight  brothers contacted me and asked if they could rebuild Linton.  I checked with the mods to make sure it was okay and they said yes, so I gave it to them.  They seemed really eager.  Not sure what happened to it after that, as I left Linton at that point.  Hope that clears things up.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mordraug said:

Make a maze but make it 3D.

Some parts of the maze have buildings interconnected by rope bridges which may or may not be a shortcut or dead end..... Then ditto for random cave entrances that may or may not be a dead end or have another exit which may or may not ........ you get the idea.

Yeah if it is a maze I'd like it to incorporate several structures, including bridges, mines, roads, buildings, etc.  Could be cool.  Not sure if that's the direction it'll go though.

16 hours ago, zigozag said:

What? Noo, stay off my lawn! :D  On the east coast, a highway would just be going around cliffs.

I would love to do some upgrading to Xan, though, I think we need it. Bridges, highway improvement, etc. 

I have talked to the powers that be about having a permanent memorial, so maybe we can get somewhere doing that? I'm not a designer at all,  but I'll hit bricks against other bricks for a good cause. 

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 7:55 PM, zigozag said:

I always like the coastal roads but when we even did some of that work on Independence other players would just make a deed and completely block further progress. It would be nice to have something like that on Xanadu but no doubt the same thing would happen there. To dream the impossible dream.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
the to to
  • Like 2

Maybe a couple larger highways that are not coastal though? Or improving/expanding the existing highways between starter towns? 

• Like 2