Sign in to follow this  
Boyar

[RU/EU] Hyperborea - we under huge DDoS attack!

[RU/EU] Hyperborea - under huge DDoS attack! 410GBit per second!

Two Internet service providers have fallen down dead.

One of them - big data center Vympelcom (main ISP in Europe)

So... office for cyber crimes started an investigation of this attack

GL Sir! The competition is real! 

Edited by bangzuvelis

We have gteat server with democracy, free to play,but some one dont like this rules, its terrible.require to deal with this!

1 hour ago, Boyar said:

[RU/EU] Hyperborea - under huge DDoS attack! 410GBit per second!

Two Internet service providers have fallen down dead.

One of them - big data center Vympelcom (main ISP in Europe)

So... office for cyber crimes started an investigation of this attack

Welcome to wurm. There are people in this game who take lengths such as this unfortunately.

Someone in Wurm is not launching a 410Gbps attack against a WU server, that is absurd. He is talking about a global attack on an ISP.

Edited by Chakron
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chakron said:

Someone in Wurm is not launching a 410GB/s ddos against a WU server, that is absurd. He is talking about a global attack on an ISP.

No, you are wrong. The server was first set up on a home computer of Boyar, and was DDoSed. After the attack sever was moved to Vympelcom data center and was DDoSed again. So this attack is certinaly for WU Hyperborea server.

2 minutes ago, Chakron said:

Someone in Wurm is not launching a 410GB/s ddos against a WU server, that is absurd. He is talking about a global attack on an ISP.

I changed main ISP when attack is began, but after 15min - attack began on another ISP. This is a targeted attack on my server - DDoS storm.

So you're saying that this Wurm Unlimited server is currently taking on a 410Gbps attack (which is nearly half the size of the highest ever recorded, you know, the one that shut down the internet for millions of people for a day) designed to prevent 7 people from digging and petting horses?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chakron said:

So you're saying that this Wurm Unlimited server is currently taking on a 410Gbps attack (which is nearly half the size of the highest ever recorded, you know, the one that shut down the internet for millions of people for a day) designed to prevent 7 people from digging and petting horses?

We have online on holydays - 130-150 real people. But i agree, this is strange reason to pay for DDoS. Wurm very specific game with low popularity. We rised our online by means roleplay events and good community. But fact is fact... someone targeted attack our server. Not me - only server.

Edited by Boyar

8 hours ago, Chakron said:

Someone in Wurm is not launching a 410Gbps attack against a WU server, that is absurd. He is talking about a global attack on an ISP.

Desolation 2 experienced this level of attack for about 5 weeks. We eventually dealt with it successfully by moving to a more expensive ISP that had the abilities to handle it. Desolation 3 had seven attempted attacks, not one succeeded.

We think this is expensive service, and commonly DDoS attack continues no more then 24-72 hrs.

Not long music played - we under attack again. So,,, I can wait. I have a large supply of patience.

Yep. wait it out. The kind of people behind such an attack generally are shallow and have no other means to compensate in life.

Eventually they will have to go get more Cheetos.

Good luck to the players, I know what it's like, my server host is attacking my server by just simply being incompetent :D

We moved to a secure hosting. Now we're back online. DDoS attacks still continue, but they are not able to overcome the powerful filter.