1 hour ago, tgod said:

They fixed the system pretty soon after they found out.  At which time the existing pans should have been removed.  Not 8 years later after profiting from them by selling silver from the shop for their purchase.

There was another window to make them after that.  Maybe 3 or 4 years ago or so.  So it was only disabled the first time and maybe the 2nd but who knows.

4 hours ago, Budda said:

Soon, we're aiming to get it through beta and live before Xmas still. Beta time might be a bit less than the usual week to make that happen though.

oh good, I thought you had forgotten about us lol,

The shrimpiie is on the bar-bay!

No problems here about fountain containers... granted I sold the ones I had ages ago, hehe :P

Edited by Klaa

D8yeo9k.jpg

Enki I know this is your doing on affliction :P:P:P:P 

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 1

I know this is somewhat off topic but it's eating at my brain that I have no idea what the hell is a Fountain pan? I've only been playing a month.

Legios Skills

Edited by Legios

6 hours ago, Legios said:

I know this is somewhat off topic but it's eating at my brain that I have no idea what the hell is a Fountain pan? I've only been playing a month.

Legios Skills

Unfinished items are small, and there used to be a bug that let you finish an unfinished item while it was inside another item. Consequently, you could finish something with extremely high capacity (e.g. a fountain) inside something very small (e.g. a frying pan or backpack), so it was very easy to make a tiny item that could hold an absurdly large volume of stuff inside. People would take advantage of this in a number of ways, such as being able to hold a container large enough to hold enough dye to paint a very large ship, or to expand the capacity of a magical chest to hold a nigh-infinite amount of stuff inside without decay.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

Unfinished items are small, and there used to be a bug that let you finish an unfinished item while it was inside another item. Consequently, you could finish something with extremely high capacity (e.g. a fountain) inside something very small (e.g. a frying pan or backpack), so it was very easy to make a tiny item that could hold an absurdly large volume of stuff inside. People would take advantage of this in a number of ways, such as being able to hold a container large enough to hold enough dye to paint a very large ship, or to expand the capacity of a magical chest to hold a nigh-infinite amount of stuff inside without decay.

I see.. wow why was this even allowed

20 hours ago, Nocturnes said:

D8yeo9k.jpg

Enki I know this is your doing on affliction :P:P:P:P 

Wonder what he plans for maids 'a milking or lords 'a leaping....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Klaa said:

Wonder what he plans for maids 'a milking or lords 'a leaping....

It'll involve Zombies ;)

• Like 1

[11:46:19] A black hole with shimmering edges. It is unstable and will disappear in about 1 day, 16 hours and 13 minutes. Ql: 7.150685, Dam: 0.0.

less than 2 days!

then gone forever

extend fountain pans for xmas, a lot of people are out of town and you haven't warned us about it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Niki said:

extend fountain pans for xmas, a lot of people are out of town and you haven't warned us about it.

There's a timer on them, how could you not be warned?

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Niki said:

They've had a timer on them for about a year, how can someone not have been warned?

Not that I'm for destroying them, but it's just absurd how a year long timer was not enough warning.

There is literally no answers as to why they need to be removed other than "they're buggy".

Please, I would like to hear why they so desperately NEED to be removed anyway.

Seems you're able to place in all this other fancy stuff so what are fountain packs actually holding the devs back from making?

Edited by Kswords

2 hours ago, Kswords said:

There is literally no answers as to why they need to be removed other than "they're buggy".

jealousy

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 3

It's easy for people that don't own Fountain pans or other that say, I sold mine recently, so it fine remove them. But as someone that has never had one, I still think, changing something after 8 years and not compensating for them is wrong. You will also find people that do have them are people that are huge contributors to the economy. tbh, another bad move here which just hurts the game.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Milosanx said:

It's easy for people that don't own Fountain pans or other that say, I sold mine recently, so it fine remove them. But as someone that has never had one, I still think, changing something after 8 years and not compensating for them is wrong. You will also find people that do have them are people that are huge contributors to the economy. tbh, another bad move here which just hurts the game.

compensation was a long list of features and mechanics that were brought in that benefit everyone:

• Ways to remove liquid decay
  • Removal of on decay on on deed decorations with high upkeep
  • Ability to dye large volume items
  • Several other things

These are direct results of removing fountain pans, and For those who did own them (myself included, I actually bought my two a week or so before the announcement, utterly horrible luck) they more than earned their value, especially with a years warning on their removal.

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

compensation was a long list of features and mechanics that were brought in that benefit everyone:

• Ways to remove liquid decay
  • Removal of on decay on on deed decorations with high upkeep
  • Ability to dye large volume items
  • Several other things

These are direct results of removing fountain pans, and For those who did own them (myself included, I actually bought my two a week or so before the announcement, utterly horrible luck) they more than earned their value, especially with a years warning on their removal.

That's not compensation genius.  The people who didn't have pans did not lose anything or suffer like us.  I'm telling you man, this is a terrible decision to follow through with.  There is no reason for the pans not to be in now that it is fixed.

com·pen·sa·tion
ˌkämpənˈsāSH(ə)n/
noun

1. something, typically money or an item, awarded to someone as a recompense for loss, injury, or suffering.
Edited by tgod
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, KyleBooze said:

There's a timer on them, how could you not be warned?

13 hours ago, Kswords said:

They've had a timer on them for about a year, how can someone not have been warned?

Not that I'm for destroying them, but it's just absurd how a year long timer was not enough warning.

Well yeah there is a timer, most of us know obviously - but what I mean, probably should of worded it better. There was no official message stating they will poof Christmas week, seems wrong not to mention "Hey empty your pans before you loose your stuff noob!" Well it seems harsh that there was no official announcement. We will probably here people complaining they lost a scale set or something soon mark my words.

Wait, you dont lose your stuff right, it just pops out? Where is it listed that stuff is removed from the game?

6 minutes ago, Niki said:

Well yeah there is a timer, most of us know obviously - but what I mean, probably should of worded it better. There was no official message stating they will poof Christmas week, seems wrong not to mention "Hey empty your pans before you loose your stuff noob!" Well it seems harsh that there was no official announcement. We will probably here people complaining they lost a scale set or something soon mark my words.

No official announcement? Haven't fountain pans been listing their exact expiry time for quite a while now when you examine them, plus the official message about their deadline being extended relatively recently? You've always been able to tell when they're vanishing.

And if they're like any other containers, on disappearing they'll just spill their contents, not actually destroy anything inside.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, whykillme said:

Wait, you dont lose your stuff right, it just pops out? Where is it listed that stuff is removed from the game?

It poofs for all I know. No one said anything otherwise.

I'm misinformed. Items will drop on the ground.

Edited by Niki