Sign in to follow this  
EvaDaly

PMKs can design Guard Towers

I really do think that PMKs should be able to design what their Guard Tower should look like. 

Right now i think we have 2 MR base, 3 BL base, and maybe 2 JK based kingdoms. I could be wrong on the numbers.

But now depending on what kind of kingdom base PMK you want, that is the tower design you get.

The guards are wearing the tabard of the kingdom base you choose, not the design you make.

I think it will make your PMK more unique if you can run around the map and be able to tell what kingdom area you are running into based on what the tower looks like. 

Either with the design and look of the tower or just have the banner, or tall banner design hanging from the side and the guards wearing your kingdom design.

Just a thought

:) 

Edited by EvaDaly
  • Like 6

Feel like you guys demand to much PmK stuff, every other day I see suggestions about PmK, it's kind of hilarious at this point. I realize your passionate about your kingdom and want it to stand out, and I have no problem with this but I feel bad for Saroman. We have one art guy who has to do all of this! If you guys make the art assets, sure +1 fine, but I rather the art guy be working on stuff for everyone in Wurm like the new racks and stuff, not just PvPers so they can just profit off his work and sell stuff to Freedom. Please don't deny this.

Out of respect, I am not trolling, and I'm neither for or against this. Thanks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Niki said:

Feel like you guys demand to much PmK stuff, every other day I see suggestions about PmK, it's kind of hilarious at this point. I realize your passionate about your kingdom and want it to stand out, and I have no problem with this but I feel bad for Saroman. We have one art guy who has to do all of this! If you guys make the art assets, sure +1 fine, but I rather the art guy be working on stuff for everyone in Wurm like the new racks and stuff, not just PvPers so they can just profit off his work and sell stuff to Freedom. Please don't deny this.

That art guy has 0 to do with the actual PMK Artwork. That is done by the PMK's themselves he just has to take the artwork made and put it in the database. It's a copy paste production.

5 minutes ago, Niki said:

I dont know what the code looks like to add the template we put our design on to get in the game, but each PMK designs their work and emails it to him. they provide a template for us to use and we do the design/art of what we want it to look like. 

2 minutes ago, KrojinKin said:

That art guy has 0 to do with the actual PMK Artwork. That is done by the PMK's themselves he just has to take the artwork made and put it in the database. It's a copy paste production.

Alright +1 then.

• Like 1

With so many pmks atm; it gives reason to show them some love, might even cause more to pop up.

Towers; gaurds; bardings; sails...They can represent the kingdom we fight for. Alot more can be done!

• Like 2

Giving us the tools to create the overall look of a pmk seems to suggest the developers support this kind of diversity, so why not? And with as many kingdom towers as I see on freedom it would only help there too. +1

• Like 1

This would also require a lot more coding as well, which does mean it's not as simple as swapping models out.

Currently no mechanic exists for referencing PMK towers and such, and they were not designed with this in mind.

This means that doing so would require a lot more backend work to simply change the banners, and would require a lot more code and complexity with swapping out the tower guards too.

I could see it work, but you might lose the ability for them to be created on chaos and then moved to freedom and finished, retaining the template kingdom type. (like flags, banners, wagons)

Well, I think if it takes so much coding having them unique only on Chaos seems like at least a halfgood option.

+1 from me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

This would also require a lot more coding as well, which does mean it's not as simple as swapping models out.

Currently no mechanic exists for referencing PMK towers and such, and they were not designed with this in mind.

This means that doing so would require a lot more backend work to simply change the banners, and would require a lot more code and complexity with swapping out the tower guards too.

I could see it work, but you might lose the ability for them to be created on chaos and then moved to freedom and finished, retaining the template kingdom type. (like flags, banners, wagons)

Would it be alot of code just to make the guards wear the tabard of the kingdom?