Sign in to follow this  
Budda

Screwy Louie

Every few months or so there is a game jam held called Ludum Dare. There are two different categories for this, one is the compo where a solo person has to make a game within 48 hours, the other is the jam where a team of people make a game over 72 hours - and all games generally have to fit into the jam's theme which is announced at the start of the weekend. The latest Ludum Dare was held this past weekend, and I managed to rope Taufiqkh and Retrograde (and another friend) into a team to create a game.

In past Ludum Dare jams Taufiqkh and I have done generally involve learning something new to add to our skills, such as the one before this one we made a game using libgdx for the first time, with me attempting my own 3d models for the first time. This time around we switched it up by using a new language, Kotlin, with Retrograde doing game graphics for the first time.

The theme for this weekend's jam was "One Room", and we made a game called Screwy Louie.

If you'd like to see what we made, you can download it from here: http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-37/?action=preview&uid=3280

• Like 6

Niiice, you know its games like this that get certain politicians all up in a frothing mess. Awesome.

Wonder what the ESRB would rate it at :P

• Like 2