Sign in to follow this  
Alyeska

Rotten Fermentation?

on [Logging started 2016-12-04] I created numerous beverages and set them to ferment. While they're taking a little longer than I expected, I have no problems with waiting; except that one of my barrels has since turned into a rotten beverage, whilst fermenting.

[10:39:16] You get a sealed small wine barrel [rotten fermenting ginger beer].

I'm unsure how long the process is supposed to take, but I am quite sure that beverages are not meant to decay while fermenting.

if you dance the hoola now it will turn into vinegar..

all kidding aside, thats a messed up bug

my stuff still hasnt fermented, 20 days and counting.

15 minutes ago, elroth said:

if you dance the hoola now it will turn into vinegar..

all kidding aside, thats a messed up bug

my stuff still hasnt fermented, 20 days and counting.

20 days seems very long. I brewed a batch of whiskey right when the cooking system came out and that took less than 3 days to ferment. 

1 hour ago, Alectrys said:

Are your barrels in wine racks or on the ground?

There was a bug fix on http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/147927-patch-notes-08dec16/ which fixed fermenting inside a rack.  

I've not had time to make anything yet on live.  Can anyone else add their experience?

Some of these have been in a wine rack, yes. They were since taken out though and are now on the ground.

40 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

Some of these have been in a wine rack, yes. They were since taken out though and are now on the ground.

I'm not certain if your issue had to do with the liquid just being in the barrel and decaying instead of fermenting before the fix, or if there is still an issue, or if you need to unseal then reseal everything.  Let me push a dev to this thread who may be able to better advise.

4 minutes ago, Alectrys said:

I'm not certain if your issue had to do with the liquid just being in the barrel and decaying instead of fermenting before the fix, or if there is still an issue, or if you need to unseal then reseal everything.  Let me push a dev to this thread who may be able to better advise.

I am unable to do anything with these barrels; I cannot unseal them, I don't know if you normally can when its fermenting.

Edited by Alyeska

I didn't have to reseal any of my racked barrels. They just started processing after the bug fix and have now all finished. 

Most these were made on december 4th and have still not fermented. A second batch was created right after the fix for racked barrels, which is also still fermenting.

Edited by Alyeska

1 single barrel has fermented. It is the one barrel I left in the barrel rack. It seems like perhaps the barrels now MUST be in a rack to properly ferment?

Alyeska, do you still have bugged sealed barrels that won't ferment properly?  I was wondering how many fixed themselves since the bug fix and how many you have which seem in a bugged state.  You can forum PM me if you prefer.

On 12/14/2016 at 10:46 PM, Alyeska said:

1 single barrel has fermented. It is the one barrel I left in the barrel rack. It seems like perhaps the barrels now MUST be in a rack to properly ferment?

6 hours ago, Alectrys said:

Alyeska, do you still have bugged sealed barrels that won't ferment properly?  I was wondering how many fixed themselves since the bug fix and how many you have which seem in a bugged state.  You can forum PM me if you prefer.

I have both new and old barrels - I have them placed in separate racks so it's easier to track which ones do ferment and which ones don't.

10 hours ago, Alectrys said:

I also have two barrels refusing to ferment. One with white wine that was sealed on the maple harvesting days a few weeks back and one with cherry gin sealed around those days too. Everything I sealed after fermented just fine. I moved the wine barrel in a mine and I left the gin barrel in it's rack to check if there is a difference. Still no progress with either.

No big deal with them. They were small experimental quantities. I'm just curious what is wrong with them. And maybe someone should  check the server code, on what is going on when it is trying to poll bugged items like those barrels.

I had three barrels that fermented after sealing-one white wine, one the turned to white wine vinegar and one ginger beer. These all happened right after the cooking update.

Everything else made since then has just sat there for well over a week now, some of them two weeks. They are in the rack, and can't be unsealed and resealed. 

Once sealed the unfermented barrels can't be unsealed from what I can tell... have to wait out the fermenting process. Can't even taste them once they are sealed.

On 12/16/2016 at 4:30 PM, Alectrys said:

A slow start but barrels in both racks have started to finish fermenting now. Will see what the rotten ginger beer does :|

1 hour ago, Alyeska said:

A slow start but barrels in both racks have started to finish fermenting now. Will see what the rotten ginger beer does :|

That one may need some assistance.  Please forum PM me the server, deed and location of your rotten attempts at brewing ;)

Two new barrels of wine just fermented(just a few days!), but the older barrels are still "fermenting"(10 days, it seems). I hope this can get sorted out!

18 hours ago, NeeNee said:

Two new barrels of wine just fermented(just a few days!), but the older barrels are still "fermenting"(10 days, it seems). I hope this can get sorted out!

NeeNee, please send me a forum PM with your server, deed and where the barrels are kept.

23 hours ago, Alectrys said:

That one may need some assistance.  Please forum PM me the server, deed and location of your rotten attempts at brewing ;)

Every barrel has fermented, including the one that was listed at rotten. I dont know if I want to drink the resulting product, tho...

1 hour ago, Alyeska said:

Every barrel has fermented, including the one that was listed at rotten. I dont know if I want to drink the resulting product, tho...

I'm glad that your issue is fixed.  Hopefully your future beverage making skips the rotting stage!

Is there a flag that can be set on a fermenting barrel to set it to fermented for ones that are still bugged?

Edit:  It looks like the woodscrap goes missing during fermentation.  Maybe decaying before fermentation is over.  Is there a solution for this?

Edited by Wreck
realization

3 hours ago, Wreck said:

Is there a flag that can be set on a fermenting barrel to set it to fermented for ones that are still bugged?

Edit:  It looks like the woodscrap goes missing during fermentation.  Maybe decaying before fermentation is over.  Is there a solution for this?

Answered via forum PM.  This new bugged wine barrel is not the same as the old bugged wine barrel issue where GMs did have the ability to kick start the process again.  The new issue cannot be fixed.

As you seem to be asking about WU, maybe you can address the issue on those forums.