I'm a big fan of raised ceilings in my houses. Currently this means making wooden ladders then building up then destroying the ladders. I have destroyed multiple floors in my house to get things to look right, it's a waste of time and resources. Not to mention when the walls need repairing I'll need to rebuild and redestroy those ladders.

We should have scaffolding that's either lower resources to create and one timer to destroy or that is permanent and stackable or extendable. Either way, raised ceilings are a pain, one that most builders go through I'm sure.

So anyways, +1 for scaffolding.

Edited by Matholameu
Typo
  • Like 1

a post that was active 3 weeks ago and was started in March.. (at the moment it's on page 7)

very easy to find with the simple search string <wurm forum scaffolding> 
my vote was 
+1 for Bamboo

Edited by Steveleeb

Plank opening costs 5 planks and 1 nail and is builded within 15s. Can be destroyed by one bash action - 60 s.

Do not think that big scaffolding gonna get lesser material costs or timers. Only thing possible that it would be probably faster to destroy.

4 hours ago, Steveleeb said:

a post that was active 3 weeks ago and was started in March.. (at the moment it's on page 7)

very easy to find with the simple search string <wurm forum scaffolding> 
my vote was 
+1 for Bamboo

Well then, maybe it's something that should get done. xP

Sure the current means are sort of simple to erect and destroy... but what about scaffolding that's (granted medieval tech) semi re-usable and reconfigurable?

• Like 1

ladders and wood houses I am fine with, what I don't want to do is waste bricks and mortar on buildings in my mine just to raise a few ceilings, if I could do wood buildings fine, but you can't do that underground, it is very frustrating

N1q8qbW.jpg

gonna have to use 120 bricks and mortar just to remove that hump at my mine entrance

• Like 3

All that red glory... slightly ruined by the blue blur in the lower middle. ;)

Ive always looked at wooden openings like scaffolding. As stated before, it doesnt take all that long to put up and take down. As well, I havent encountered a situation where openings wouldnt work.

41 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

Ive always looked at wooden openings like scaffolding. As stated before, it doesnt take all that long to put up and take down. As well, I havent encountered a situation where openings wouldnt work.

Not singling you out, Mac.. just last post saying the same thing and missing the same thing.

Work on an alt's deed, good fun bashing without the mayor bonus.