Sign in to follow this  
Zeph

Client crashing with no error log

Any ideas on this? I've uninstalled Java and reinstalled. Restarted my computer. Verified game cache. I have no other ideas on this. It's obviously a Java issue. Wurm would of left an error log.. Java and I have never gotten along. 

look for a couple of files in \steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher

hs_err_pid### (get the newest one if several)

Under /PlayerFiles/ fook for one named console.charactername.log (whatever your characters name is; it might not say.log if you have extensions disabled)

Post both or whichever you can find. (Open in notepad, edit: select all > copy). Even if it does not refer to this latest crash, it sometimes gives us useful information about your system and game settings. 

Do you have a laptop that uses switchable graphics (ie, intel for powersaving, nivida/radon for gaming). Sometimes a java or driver update loses old settings and switches it back to the intel graphics which then crash when loaded using your gaming GPU settings. If you go to graphics control panel and tell it to "always use high performance card" that might switch it back. ignore that if you do NOT have "switchable graphics". 

*** If you are feeling it is java, most crashes occur from having both 32 and 64 bit java installed and Wurm decides to use the wrong one (32 bit). There are some convulted ways to force it to the 64 bit version however I find it works best to completely uninstall all 32 bit versions and download the offline 64-bit version and use that exclusively.  This works even if you are using a 32 bit browser. (You must however have a 64 bot operating system)

PS: You have this posted in both WO and WU technical subforums. It's very probably the same issue either way, but usually best to post which you are playing because sometimes the information or solution differs based on which version  you are using.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

On 12/11/2016 at 3:38 PM, Brash_Endeavors said:

look for a couple of files in \steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher

hs_err_pid### (get the newest one if several)

Under /PlayerFiles/ fook for one named console.charactername.log (whatever your characters name is; it might not say.log if you have extensions disabled)

Post both or whichever you can find. (Open in notepad, edit: select all > copy). Even if it does not refer to this latest crash, it sometimes gives us useful information about your system and game settings. 

Do you have a laptop that uses switchable graphics (ie, intel for powersaving, nivida/radon for gaming). Sometimes a java or driver update loses old settings and switches it back to the intel graphics which then crash when loaded using your gaming GPU settings. If you go to graphics control panel and tell it to "always use high performance card" that might switch it back. ignore that if you do NOT have "switchable graphics". 

*** If you are feeling it is java, most crashes occur from having both 32 and 64 bit java installed and Wurm decides to use the wrong one (32 bit). There are some convulted ways to force it to the 64 bit version however I find it works best to completely uninstall all 32 bit versions and download the offline 64-bit version and use that exclusively.  This works even if you are using a 32 bit browser. (You must however have a 64 bot operating system)

PS: You have this posted in both WO and WU technical subforums. It's very probably the same issue either way, but usually best to post which you are playing because sometimes the information or solution differs based on which version  you are using.

I'm aware about posting it in both WO and WU. It was a mistake on my part. 

I already have my graphics card set to use my NVIDIA card as I've had problems with that in the past. Here is a the hs_err_pid file http://pastebin.com/5e8Tu6tp

I'll check the Java version next. Thank you (:

Wurm is crashing at your graphics drivers,

Either java or the graphics drivers couls be corrupted, un-install re-install both to be safe.