Sign in to follow this  
Alyeska

Flowers and honey production

Honey production depends on season as well.

9 hours ago, Tich said:

So does this mean that differently vegetated tiles (flowers vs. trees vs. crops) exist in different seasons at the same time ? Is there some kind of time-distortion going on, originating from bee-hives ?

because Alyeaskas postings clearly seemsed to point out that all measurements were done at the same time for defferently vegetated tiles/hives. Yet still the ones surrounded by flowers yield the least honey (which i can confirm regarding my currently 10 active bee hives (some surrounded by flowers, some surrounded by crops)

Edited by Galadhel

This is one of those things that could use a bit more explanation.  If using flowers is not working, why isn't it?  If trees would be better, why not just say it?  Saying well production varies with season only leaves me asking more questions.  Can we get more than one sentence explaining this and telling us a bit more?

• Like 1

My hives in concentrated flower area's are out produced by hives in area's with mostly tree's.

Steppe for wild hives with some tree's seem to be the best.

On 1/5/2017 at 3:46 PM, Tich said:

Correct, in ingame fall the hive on flower tiles completely stopped producing altogether. It's clear that part of the code is working, but it seems to not recognize the flowers are there in any season at all. It's acting like its surrounded by cobblestone or sand or another completely bare tile type. I've not updated anymore because I felt like I was wasting a lot of time (and potential to get 95 ql honey) for something that's obviously bugged with the info I have posted.

Hives are now all placed randomly along the highway and seem to be working right - because they're no longer using flowers but instead, steppe and trees. Some hives are producing nearly half a kilogram per 12 or so hours as opposed to .01 per 12 hours on flowers..

Edited by Alyeska

Flowers were working for about a week then the wax production update killed it. My hives surrounded by  flowers still do not produce honey. I can understand seasons but everything ive heard is flowers should not be producing zero honey.

Ive had to do the same thing as Alyeska and kick my hives off deed to get them to produce.

Sadly when the hives are off deed they take decay, so repair/imp is added for hive maintenance.

Just updating, Flowers still do not work as far as i can see. On top of that i have now noticed that certain hives will not go noisey even though they meet requirements. they have been at active for a few months now. Wax production seems to be most efficient in hives that produce less honey and less efficient in hives that produce more honey. Not sure if that's intended nor does it bother me, just wondering about the mechanics.

1 hour ago, JudusX said:

Just updating, Flowers still do not work as far as i can see. On top of that i have now noticed that certain hives will not go noisey even though they meet requirements. they have been at active for a few months now. Wax production seems to be most efficient in hives that produce less honey and less efficient in hives that produce more honey. Not sure if that's intended nor does it bother me, just wondering about the mechanics.

Do what I did, after making 40 some hives and still not able to figure out the mechanics that make things work just ignore them for 2 months.

Checked them last week and ended up with 12 barrels of honey and a few hundred wax. ^_^

Checking the hives on a daily or weekly basis will drive you up the wall.

I've  got around 60 hives i think and yes i punish myself and check them all the time. I'm  just trying to be the  squeaky wheel to get them fixed. You should collect the wax at least every other week to keep them from maxing out at 20. Use them to grind natural substances.