Sign in to follow this  
Ayes

Flower Power!

Now that bees, hives and honey production are into the game many beekeepers would like to plant flowers around them for the best increased production. To assist in this effort I think flowers need to be given more power. By this I mean that flowers should have the ability to prevent any other tree or shrub growing upon them (their tiles). Seems easy enough to code in that tundra, steep, marsh and moss already have this ability. Also, flowers should *always remain* on their tiles until removed in some way by players, as they are currently able to do.

To sum it up: Flower tiles should prevent any tree or shrub from ever growing on them. Ta, da!

=Ayes=

• Like 14

+100000

It is not only that, but I am sick of Xanadu (and other servers) having no green pastures anymore...like on server starts

Now every piece of grass is covered by tress, given enough time - that is just plain terrible

• Like 1

+1

Flowers should act as trees and bushes - not give up their tile to other sprouts and at the same time spread to adjacent free grass tiles naturally.

• Like 3

I also miss that flowers used to dominate the tile. Not get mixed among the grass so much. Yes the flowers of JK Home were cartoonish, but they had presence and I miss that. 

• Like 1

First post by Ayes in many years that i understood. Good Job breh using normal English for once

• Like 1

I came to suggestion thread to ask for this.  Make some kinds of flowers which we can harvest/sow which will stop trees from growing.  Could be something similar to enchanted grass but instead it would be made from seeds we sow specifically for flower tiles (and thus honey production).  Wild flowers can still come and go as per usual.  Alternatively, have shrubs like lavender, roses and camellia deliver same potency for honey production than flowers growing in grass.

• Like 2

I like Elfs idea of new flowers specifically planted for honey production - more content, happier wurmians - and busier ;p

Enchant a flowers tile with lurve path, get honey

Sounds bueno.

• Like 1

also I would like to see bright red poppies

and poppyseeds

for reasons

• Like 3

Main deed road lined with enchanted white-dotteds?  Yes please.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, elf said:

Make some kinds of flowers which we can harvest/sow which will stop trees from growing.

Kinda defeats the purpose.

+1 to anything that will stop forests from overtaking all the wilderness.

13 hours ago, Alyeska said:

also I would like to see bright red poppies

and poppyseeds

for reasons

Ah, truly the wonders of Nature...

• Like 1

Yes, this. Another suggestion I've seen recently is the possibility for there to be large grassy fields without as many trees in them, and this would result in that as well.

My roads are usually three wide, lined either side with either flowers, then trees, or just the trees. Fruits backed by maples backed by cedars.

It is a really wide open road plan, but occasionally you've gotta cut back the trees... which is why I usually skip the flower row.

• Like 1

bringing topic back from the dead because (1) no better alternative (2) this is mighty good and (3) why isn't this implemented yet?

• Like 1