Sign in to follow this  
Vortexxx

closed by remote host issue?!

never had a problem with wurm for the last 7-8 years   tonight after a reconnect im getting this message on server loging

An existing connection was forcibly closed by remote host ?!?!

• Like 2

having the same problem. Had a lag lasting forever (after about 8 mins or so I Alt+F4ed out of the game). Since then it says "an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host".

Sounds like the server isn't accepting any new connections.

• Like 1

this sucks was trying to do a corpse recovery on my alt ( whom went on a swim off my island ) lol I was tracking her whereabouts getting a direction idea this better get fixed soon or Ill looks my tacking ! by server time loss

• Like 1

Same here. Xan. Exact issue. A bit ticked about it. Nothing stated about a fix, or what to do, which is very frustrating. Are we ghosting in game? If so can a GM kick us so we can log back in?

• Like 1

does the xanadu server on there end use the QOS settings?   I think sum1 turned it on :P disabled n let us connect :P 

• Like 1

It would also be nice to know if this particular issue is caused by logging during a longer lag spike. TO my knowledge, most people experiencing this issue logged to try and get back in free of lag. Then this issue presented itself. If that's the case some form of note, somewhere, not to log during a lag spike would be appreciated. Until resolution to the issue is achieved on the tech/host side that is.

Edited by Warbjorn
addition
  • Like 1

I have been absent from Wurm a while, just picked it back up. Is there a way to contact a GM in Xan to see if I'm ghosting, and see if (if ghosting is correct) they can kick me, to try and log in again?

I can also confirm I'm experiencing the same problem.

I just migrated to Xanadu a few hours ago, sort of disappointed to be now locked out. I was on Serenity before that and encountered a similar problem yesterday but I could log back in then.

looks like the took xan down hopefully its back up n running soon

• Like 1

I have faith this will resolve the issue. Noticed xan was down too. Still sticking with my ghosting theory....so server restart should fix.....fingers crossed

Xanadu froze, no need to create multiple threads over the same issue.