Sign in to follow this  
Wulfrock

Mystic Highlands Roleplay 1x 1x 4090x4096

Greetings everyone :)

Last night saw Mystic Highlands have a hilarious Ironman/Ironlady race, it began with a medium distance run, followed by a long horse ride, then a brief swim, into a sailing boat, a long sail then back onto land and a long run to the finish line, was a lot of fun and many folks joined in, congratulations to our winners Ashlund, Josho and Dixie!

Looking forward to our Royal Archery Tournament next week!

See you there!

• Like 1

I love this server. Has a great community.  Val and Kaylie do an amazing job engaging the community, whether its dungeons or events, they rock it. 

• Like 1

Oyez, Oyez

Let it be proclaimed across all kingdoms and all servers that on the Day of Ants in week four of the Starfall of the Saw in 1013 (Sunday) Princess Leofflaed was today crowned Queen of Mystic Highlands by the High Priest of the Kingdom in a ceremony attended by citizens from all around the lands.

Mystic Highlands has existed almost since the start of Wurm Unlimited. It was never designed to be an easy place to live but people playing there are some of the most friendly players a visitor could wish to encounter. The citizens enjoy Wurm Unlimited in much the same way as on any other successful server, however on other occasions the role play that our server is well-known for marks us out as a kingdom with a difference and a server well worth visiting and perhaps staying a while- hopefully longer!

We have a wide variety of events that are designed to challenge as well as to create enjoyment. The last two events in recent weeks have been purely role-play events. One was a simple birthday celebration that developed into hours of fun during which many yellow potions were used and many fireworks launched into the sky. Cooks and brewers from these lands are responsible for making and bringing the feasts -everything is player-made and no short-cuts are used.

The event we had yesterday was purely role-play and again over 25 players made the effort to take part. Food and drink were again a crucial part of the celebrations.

Question: Do I have to take part in the role-play?

Answer: Role play is requested when in local. 

Question: Are there other events and challenges?

Answer: Yes, on many occasions Mystic Highlands functions like any other server albeit 1x 1x

We have a core of players who have been in these lands for many years now but newcomers are welcomed without prejudice. For example, in the event yesterday Royal gifts were distributed to all whether they have played in Mystic Highlands since inception (as I have) or have joined in recent days and weeks.

Much respected players have moved from our lands from time-to-time but new players have always come to Mystic Highlands to forge a life for themselves and sometimes bring along their friends or family.

Why not pay us a visit,? You may find that you like these lands and stay a while in our starter town Safehold before venturing out to find a piece of land to call your own.

More information including lore and rules can be found here: https://mystichighlands.com/ 

Long live the Queen!

• Like 1

On 12/10/2016 at 9:00 AM, Wulfrock said:

Hello everyone :)

We have opened a brand new server on the 18th December 2016, our website is at https://mystichighlands.com

Happy birthday Mystic Highlands.

Congratulations to Valiance and Kaylie because I know how much work you have put into the server over these 4 most enjoyable years.

Many players have come and gone but I am sure that most if not all will be left with memories of a wonderful land full of surprises and challenges.

To the many players who still call Mystic Highlands home, I thank you for the friendship and laughs. To those who stay in the background but still play, I say make yourself known and play an even greater part in our world.

The Christmas lands will be open to all later today with no doubt some tasty gifts for all visitors.

Happy Christmas to all who have ever played here. If you have yet to stay a while then Mystic Highlands is waiting (with respect to Wurm!) I look forward to seeing you.

Well this one look interesting, too bad that old Emerald Expanse is falling apart and not quite what i am looking for and i have no ideas how long that one is gonna last. So i looked and found this one, though about giving this one a shot. Been looking for a new home to hang out.

Gonna abort this one, pretty strict on rules and they wont let me keep my character name as it is. Beside the map size is too small, looking for 8k at least.

Edited by Darkelf
  • Like 1

In my almost 10 years of playing Wurm, I have enjoyed my time so much thanks to the great community but today I am writing about enjoyment and ultimately sadness on a completely different scale.

At the end of 2016, I saw news of a Wurm Unlimited server that was to be opened soon. It was written by someone who I had been following through their Wurm adventures on YouTube

It is now over four years since I took the ‘chance’ and plunged into life on Mystic Highlands.

It is my sad duty to report that this morning Mystic Highlands server was closed down.

'Alas, this day was going to come some day or other, it is with very heavy hearts that we must announce that Mystic Highlands will have to be closed down on the 15th February 2021 for good'

I am incredibly sad and yesterday I spoke to many citizens about what we had all achieved and enjoyed and to be honest, tears were shed at times. 

I would like to thank those who made Mystic Highlands possibly the greatest ever Wurm Unlimited server.

Valiance, Kaylie, and Razathor, you achieved a wonderful dream. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the MANY things that you did in order to create these lands, put on wonderful events and support us all. No-one worked harder than you to create these wondrous lands. Valiance and Kaylie I hope that you stay well and enjoy great happiness and success in the future in everything that you do.

To my neighbours and good friends Duskwind, Windwalker and Debbie I thank you for being great friends, wonderful fun in chat and simply the best of people.

To all the citizens who came to Mystic Highlands, thank you all for creating this wonderful land and for making it a place of fun, fantastic architecture and great community.

I shall miss the wonderful buildings created by people with skills far greater than my own. Most of all I shall miss riding around the roads, lanes and forests of Mystic Highlands on my trusty white horse Nadacopper who was with me every day I played.

To anyone who suggests closing down Wurm Online server because of this or that, I say please never do it!

To all at Mystic Highlands I say you will never be forgotten.

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

I was a proud citizen of Mystic Highlands, I came and went several times of the years but this server, perhaps more than any other, always felt like home.  The lands and map of Mystic Highlands were beautifully crafted and Val and Kaylie really threw themselves into not just hosting and throwing mods on, but creating a realm, a story, a place with many different things to do.

I have memories of all citizens rallying to our King and Queen's call for many an Epic battle.  I was amazed at how well server auctions worked, a time for all to gather, bid for something unusual or that they wanted badly.  Friday night streams, listening to tunes, drinking a few beers while playing wurm were also much enjoyed.

Thank you Val and Kaylie, for a great place to play.

Edited by Worfeus
  • Like 1

MH was my 1st real server in wurm.  and was my home for years.    loved it all.     sad to see it go.  

Garret, granthar, hela, irontear, godfrey, kehyn and a slew of others.