Sign in to follow this  
Wulfrock

Mystic Highlands Roleplay 1x 1x 4090x4096

Hello everyone :)

We have opened a brand new server on the 18th December 2016, our website is at https://mystichighlands.com

Server Info -

Mystic Highlands is the name of the server, it is PvE and on a payed for dedicated server located at Pingperfect, the map is a new custom map which we created and I must say, is gorgeous.
It is 4096x4096, with a nice start town (which is what we are working on at the moment).
It is a Roleplay server, so anything said in local is to be kept as roleplay.
Skills x1 and Actions x1. (So people need each other, makes for good trading).
Nice dirt depth for those keen terraformers !
More like a Vanilla Wurm server....
Characteristics all start at 19.5 (so you need to earn the right to ride a cart and ride horses)
All other skills start at 1.0.
Starting Gear is set at 10ql, Sword, Shield and Armour. (Allows people to start earning coin from making better items earlier on).
Deeds are NOT free and there is upkeep on them, (but there are lots of ways to earn money on Mystic Highlands, few days and people will have enough coins).
The entire starter deed is built (still being finished) now by hand by 3 of us, no GM intervention.

If anyone has any questions, we would be happy to answer them either on our stream or here on this discussion.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Zephyr Storm aka Calaway in game is making a new video series while he plays on Mystic Highlands, here is a link. Enjoy :)

Edited by Wulfrock
  • Like 3

Hey, just thought I'd mention that I'd love to play on the server. I've got quite a few hours in Wurm now (though nowhere near as many as some!) and I'm looking to hopefully make this my resident home server! Wurm lends itself to roleplaying a lot, especially with the huge amount of interactions that can take place between players, but this is one of the first real attempts at a roleplaying server that I've seen, and I'd love to be a part of that. Do you have any kind of estimated time on when you would be looking at opening up the server so people could play?

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to contact me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/perthrogb

-Perthro

1 hour ago, Perthro said:

Hey, just thought I'd mention that I'd love to play on the server. I've got quite a few hours in Wurm now (though nowhere near as many as some!) and I'm looking to hopefully make this my resident home server! Wurm lends itself to roleplaying a lot, especially with the huge amount of interactions that can take place between players, but this is one of the first real attempts at a roleplaying server that I've seen, and I'd love to be a part of that. Do you have any kind of estimated time on when you would be looking at opening up the server so people could play?

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to contact me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/perthrogb

-Perthro

Hello there Perthro :)

We do have an "estimated" time for sure, Mystic Highlands will be open within the next 4-5 days from this post (unless anything untoward happens in the meantime), but it could be open in as little as 3 days if things pan out nicely :)

You can drop by our twitch channel from time to time to check out our progress at https://www.twitch.tv/valiance_streaming few of us chat there on Teamspeak.

You will be very welcome here on Mystic Highlands.

All the best !

Well I am not that great at RP, but I am willing to give it my very best effort.  I like the idea that you are trying to create with a harder server where trade and economy are necessary to achieve individual's goals.

Looking forward to this, in fact I check multiple times a day to see if the server is unlocked to play on:P

Thanks for the server, and thanks in advance for all the hard work thus far.

Glad you are interested in our server Furaites :)

If this helps, we should be finished decorating the starter deed tomorrow, then we have a few things to sort out with the GMs, permissions etc and a little bit of hard coding. So we are looking at a Sunday Opening for the server :)

All the best !

We now have an opening date of Sunday 18th December ! 

We currently have no specific time set, so keep your eyes open :)

We hope to see some of you there !

Have a great day.

Edited by Wulfrock

Looking forward to it....Sunday is now important to me...and it is not because I watch football(American Football anyways)

Looking forward to seeing you on Mystic Highlands Furaites :)

All the best.

Just wanna say this server so far has been great to play on and interact with everyone. Good to see people exploring and making roads and expanding outwards from the starting deed. Hope to play on this server for many years and hope to see more people come and actually stick it out in a 1x 1x server thats no gimme at the start.

So.  I have been playing on this server just under a week.  Here is my review of my experience so far.

I can tell you that the community on this server is solid for such a new server.  Supported very well by fair and very active GM's

The server itself although PVE is not your usual hand holding server.  Do not expect a free ride with day one 21 Body/Mind Control, or free deeds.  You are going to have to splodge through the grind to get the benefits.

This all comes back to the economy.  With paid deeds, there is going to be one.  However with a 1x server and a steady if slow way of gaining coin.  This one I believe will be a solid economy with a slow inflation rate.

To gain 6s 50c it took me 5 days.  This was with a combination of Mob bounties and selling crafted items to the trader.  I could of done it a lot faster if I just grinded mobs.

The world is massive and unforgiving.  However this is all made great by a well constructed starter town that gives you everything you need to start.  There is really no need to leave for days.  Get that Mind Control/Body Control up in Safehold before moving out.

The GM's seen to be on point with dynamic events.  At the moment "Goblin war drubs" can be heard to the north.  Tuesday just past, this war-band sent scouts south to gather information on Safehold.  Me and 3 others sallied out to meet them and drove them off.  It was great fun and Val the GM did a great job of dynamic spawns and camp placement.  In event chat it now tells us that Safehold scouts have spotted the war-band on the march south.  That we will need not just people, but materials to repair the walls.  Food/Cotton to withstand a siege.  I know it is going to be a blast.  This is all happening Christmas eve.  

So to end I would say.  If you want a good Local Chat RP PVE server.  With a solid 14 player and growing community, that is close to WO economy with slower inflation.  Join.  Even join Christmas Eve to help us defend Safehold.  Our frontier town in the Mystic Highlands. 

When I first came to this server it was questionable for me. I have been playing Wurm for years both Online and Unlimited. I am pretty set in my ways and like my game a certain way. Getting the money for a deed right off was not setting well with me originally. I stayed, and took the time to forge, fight, sell etc. Within just a very short time (3 days) I had the money to deed. Of course, it took determination and the desire to get the money to do so. Now, I am glad I did. It is very satisfying to gather the money this way, plus your items, deed, etc becomes more personal, more valuable to you.

The people are very friendly, CA chat is extremely helpful. The server runs a good 15 people and higher on average from what I can see, Which is great for a new server. Plenty of area to deed, plenty of lands to explore. 

If you are looking for a server that is close to the original Wurm Online this is a good place to throw your tent and begin your journey!

Hope to see you there. 

Fairly experienced player here. (I've played as Sheffie and Quokka on other servers, and as Draknor on this one).

The world is still very unexplored, wild and dangerous. Players are starting to venture forth from the starter town, and homesteads are beginning to appear further afield. The atmosphere is challenging and as a result the players are friendly and helpful.

I'd recommend the server to anyone who isn't after an easy ride, but prefers to put in the time and effort to craft a really satisfying game.

I haven't been playing the game that long. I am a newbie, but so far this server has been very helpful and highly active. GM's are active and the terrain is full of beasties just waiting to be engaged in battle. Seems to  have a steady upkeep with things that pop up on the server. It is very well moderated and players seem to be pretty friendly and sociable. It is fun. I am enjoying myself. My whole family plays so we are able to do a lot on this server and we are all enjoying ourselves. Thanks guys!

Rainerah

<333

Fairly new to Wurm in general, with only a few hours in another server, I joined this looking for an adventure and challenge. The community is great, they put up with my puns in chat, and the events are always fun and a great way to meet fellow players. The admins are very active. and as said in the first post, Val streams fairly often, so if you can't play, I recommend having a watch of that to see what the community and rates are like.

As said before, the world is vast and deadly, but it only adds to the satisfaction of finally putting down that deed and tower and making the surrounding area just a little bit more safer for travellers. Our settlement is hard at work setting up a safe waypoint to the northwest, and all travellers are welcome with a hot meal and bed to rest at. RP is encouraged, and can be a lot of fun, but not necessary. 

Highly recommend if you enjoy having a laugh in chat and like a slower game where you don't have everything handed to you on a plate.

i went to log in today and i need a password now can someone send me a link to where i get the password or have to sign up?

Server is down for an update and maintenance at the moment, will have it back up real soon, then there will be no password again :)

Valiance and Kaylie.

Happy New Year everyone from Mystic Highlands !

Valiance and Kaylie.

My first venture into Wurm Unlimited.

A fantastic experience- I actually am finding it more challenging than Wurm Online. Great player interaction and although role-play is new to me no-one has criticised my efforts.

Two great events during the first two weeks supported by the ever-increasing number of players.

I dare you to give Mystic Highlands a go- there are lots of coastal / mountain areas as yet unexplored :)

Very supportive / friendly owners.

Reporting as requested. Amazing server with very active admins and as many has posted fun filled RP events.

Extra dirt depth can either be a godsend or the very bane of your existence. Was able to get our deed up and running within a few days due to the collected bounties. 

everyone seems friendly and would be a great start on a fresh server for any player looking for a challenge. 

First off, thanks Wuflrock for the great server.

I have been playing on Mystic Highlands since the day it went live and I am extremely happy. We have a great community, active admins, an awesome CA Help group and legendary RP events. 

The 1x Skill and 1x Timers are something to get used to if you are familiar with fast paced servers but it feels much more rewarding to me personally.

Great server you guys, keep up the good work and can't wait to have a crack at those pesky goblins again.

I wanted to add another post to this..  After enduring the updating and tweaking of the Winter Mod, dealing with the adjusting of the mobs on the server (plenty for all to go around) I still find it the  best server I have played on. Friendly people, great role-play, fun events, and I absolutely love the feeling of accomplishment when you reach a goal with only having the x1. Great job Val and Kaylie for bringing a great server to life!