Sign in to follow this  
Wulfrock

Mystic Highlands Roleplay 1x 1x 4090x4096

Have just completed an amazing evening on Mystic Highlands. I cannot begin to describe what happened but can only say congratulations to Valiance and Kaylie for all of their hard work to make a great community role-play event.

Cannot wait for the next instalment.

• Like 1

Thankyou very much for the praise, makes events worth doing ! :)

We are super happy you are enjoying the events and storyline, next Sunday will see another event !

Whilst me and Kaylie did have the idea to start Mystic Highlands and create the map, Razathor was right there with us from the start, helping us build Safehold.

The events now are Planned and ran by 4 of us, Valiance, Kaylie, Razathor and Aryberry. So we want to thanks those for being huge supports and help with the server !

Valiance and Kaylie

• Like 1

So we got a fishing tourney happening this sunday :) I'm really sad that I'm going to miss it our events are always so much fun. But best of luck to all who compete and may you catch some big fish win or lose.

Hello friends, I appreciate the work that went in making this server and the history of the world. Keep up the good work and see you in-game! :)

Nice and friendly comunity here. I can recomend to play here. Friendly for new players.  Temperature mod is hard to keep nerves calm but after while you are fine. It gives special gaming experience to WURM

Thanks folks :)

Always room for more on Mystic Highlands too !

Lots of events happening, lots of friendly people around.

come give it a whirl and see for yourself !

Valiance and Kaylie.

Really enjoying the Rp events, the servers starting to pick up speed and settlements are starting to populate the server. With Winter approaching in game, everyone's getting ready and waiting to see what happens next in the server story. Again an amazing server and I'm so glad I stuck through the brutal winter.

• Like 1

Thanks DreamingBard !

There will be another event this coming Sunday, but right now its a bit hush hush as to what it is :)

Valiance and Kaylie.

Hi all 

just thought I would drop a line as I have been playing for a few days now ( returning to wurm from a lllooooonnnngggg    break )

and really enjoying the server ( always did like a challenge )  had a really good welcome as well  ( some good people on line ) and I also enjoy the rp element ( when I eventually do get to other people ) so see you all in game soon

Subbatie

Hello fellow Wurmians. Just wanted to add my 5 cents. After playing WO for many moons, I've discovered WU recently and I was pleasantly surprised. I like the idea that "Mystic Highlands" resembles the old good Wurm server, where you actually have to work hard which gives me so much joy. There is no increased skill gain and such, that gives me the same WO feeling and you only pay once. Player base is slowly growing and most of the people are really friendly, the server is also run by some decent human beings. Events are being organised on weekly basis. Give it a try and I'm sure you wont regret your decision. See you in Highlands. ;)

Mystic Highlands opened their first dungeon today, and much fun was had all around !

Valiance and Kaylie.

I started playing here with my wife yesterday coming from a server that felt way too fast. So far we both enjoy it very much and hope more people come to play. The lower action/skill multipliers create a more rewarding experience. We only hope that nothing gets out of control like we've seen on other servers such as private traders paying their owner 75s a day,  or maxing a skill in a week,  or farming being trivial because you can grow 200 of something in a day. 

Less is more. 

Hello ByblosHex, 

Glad you and your wife are enjoying Mystic Highlands so far, we have been open since December 18th 2016, there are none and will be no shenanigans on here :)

We have some very good admins who look after the way things run all the time.

Valiance and Kaylie.

Finally got in. I think this is the right site. I am terrible with forums and would prefer not to use them at all but, this site is great. Friendly people. Everyone wants to help everyone. No nasty people on there. Can play solo without joining in conversations, or play with others, have lots of conversations. your choice. I like it.

• Like 1

Hello Wulfrock :)

Best wishes from me for your own server, i am glad to see good people making good servers with good ideas ;)

Eject

• Like 2

Hi Eject :)

Thanks very much, we greatly appreciate your kind words.

Valiance and Kaylie.

This server is EXCEEDINGLY difficult. Skill gain and timer are both x1. Deeds cost to make and there is upkeep. To found a deed will cost only 1 silver and 21 copper BUT you need 4 silver and 21 copper in your bank.  As a noob you have NO money so forget about a deed for a good long while. Add to that 70% aggressive mobs, low fight skill and small bounties and you are faced with a HUGE uphill struggle. And a struggle it will be. Some people like this kind of game. Some don't.

Let me add. While looking over my friends shoulder it's easy to see this is a very good looking server. For the most part the people are nice except for the usual exceptions. There is no map of it so it adds to the difficulty and for some adds to the fun. I recommend this to role players, people who like a challenge and avid explorers. 

Edited by Clatius

Mostly nice people [always one or two ahats]. Nice map but it's not revealed. Only a few mods including realistic winter. A nice break from the tiresome high skill gain and fast action timer servers that really get boring fast. A very enjoyable experience. Lots and lots of aggressive mobs. 70% of them. All skills start at 1.00 so everything will be a challenge for the newcomer but if you can't handle the heat and want it easier stick around the starter town for a bit. Coming from a long time Wurm player (played before JKHome was closed) all in all a very good experience.

Edited by Artimis

Love the fact that a ROLEPLAY server that chooses the most challenging PVE options, is now one of the top five populated servers when i look in the launcher.

That type of diversity can only mean Wurm Unlimited retrains more players overall.

I still love the server I am on the best, but if I ever was forced to choose a replacement, this one is on my "short list"

• Like 2

It also helps that the host/owner is an extremely friendly and helpful person along with being experienced. ;)

Thanks very much all of you, means a lot us that people do like our server :)

Wurm is just a great game, and we wanted to make a Roleplay server, so Mystic Highlands was born.

Have fun all !

I've been on the server for a bit over a week now.   Most of the folks I used to know in WO are gone, there's not much I haven't done or can't do easily in WO so I figured I'd give it a shot.

It's not quite like starting from scratch was years ago but it's certainly enjoyable to face actual hardship.  The community is very good and server is quite a bit more responsive than Xanadu.  Wulfrock and company are doing an excellent job responding to players but not coddling them, in that sense they're much like WO GMs, they'll tell you how to get out of a jam but not wizcast you out.

The economy and need to pay for deeds is just steep enough to make money worthwhile but easy enough that it's not a grind.  All in all, for me at least, it's breathed new life into my Wurm interest.  So if you want to try something different that's more along the lines of survival with a purpose than Wurm PVE normally is I'd definitely give it a shot.

• Like 1

After a few weeks of being on this server I finaly feel like I found one I like to stay on for a very long time.

This server is not about getting anywhere fast, you will need to earn every skill.

Because of the limit in mods, and in my opinion good choice of the ones they do use, it is very satisfying when you accomplish the goals you set for yourself making gaming here worth while.

The people on the server are friendly and helpfull, as are the GM's. If you need help there is always someone there to give advice on how to survive and get better.

The starter town Safehold (and the surounding area) is a good place for new players to stay alive and learn the skills they like.

The map looks beautifull and is very big with lots of mobs, there are regular events and even a first dungeon.

Most important for me is that they invest a lot of time and effort to keep this server fun and fair, free of pay to win.

If you are looking for a great server, try this one and enjoy.