Sign in to follow this  
faty

Bee Farm

A bee farm should not be formed from a single hive, but it should be an agglomeration of multiple bee hives, all together..

4700668_orig.jpg

So my suggestion would be a bee farm rack, just like the barrel rack where we can stack a maximum of 10? bee hives, and each hive quality adds to the radius of the area covered by all the hives, without any problems of overlapping or domains.

The base radius of the farm can be set to the radius of the highest quality from the farm, and the rest adding extra 1,2 tiles to that radius based on the quality they have, let's say, 1 tile for below 66ql, 2 tiles over 66ql hives.

What the rack will do : 

- allow for multiple bee hives to coexist all together without having to spread them over a huge area

- all bees share the same area, flowers, farms, trees

- secure your queens inside the rack so there is no way for an empty bee hive to 'steal' a queen

What the rack will not do:

- bee hives that are placed in a rack will not give any queen the ability to migrate, so you still have to remove the ones that you want to transfer queens from and do it the same as you do now, with separate bee hives

Just an idea... open to any kind of feedback and/or improvement.

As i was looking for the actual radius for single hives, i saw that @Zigozag already mentioned something similar in the Town Square Bee thread, so kudos to him

Edited by faty
  • Like 5

I'm gonna go with no.

No racks.

I'm ok with "Shared area" as the bees should be ticking off flowers and such for honey production.

No, to preventing the spread of queens.  (this is where the player needs to monitor their stuff.)  Bees find a place to live, if you provide one great, if not they are out.

I understand that there is a lot of expectations for honey, but we have to wait.  They just got here.

Now what I would like to see is bees also able to use "Mature crops" as the idea food.  Same as fruit trees vs other trees.  However these mature times should be limited during mature for crops or just prior to harvest for trees.

• Like 1

-1 on an object to store multiple hives, however I'd love to see the space restriction taken away, to maybe allow 4-6 hives on a single tile.