Sign in to follow this  
Pashka

Skilling up Ropemaking as a Priest.

28 minutes ago, Pashka said:

When you hit 99 in blacksmithing from nails, let me know.  Then we can discuss it K?  Until then you have lost whatever part of your mind that you might have laid claim to before.

Not advisable (91bs for reference) but if you took the skill level and nail difficulty and played with anvil ql, there WOULD be a difference.

It wouldn't be as significant, but the effect is there.

Just like this gold example, if i used my 92ql 99botd pickaxe to chip away at it, skillgain would be bunk.

My 83.77(well used ok.) ql rare ropetool is bunk skillgain at whatever rediculous level my ropemaking is at. (Just logged priest in. Skill is: 63)

Of course, at any skill, the creation success rate is exceedingly high, which is all i give a damn about.

At 63 skill using a pretty rope tool, creation chance is 92%.

If i brought a tool to the optimal ql, chance would lower and skillgain would climb.

Try the numbers again, I really think you heard it backwards.

They made it easier to actually make rope, therefore get more favour, and makes the ability more accessable for midling priests and shipwrights like myself.

Edited by Makarus
Excellsior!

1 hour ago, Pashka said:

When you hit 99 in blacksmithing from nails, let me know.  Then we can discuss it K?  Until then you have lost whatever part of your mind that you might have laid claim to before.

When you have an actual argument worth bringing to the table, let the rest of us know.

I could get to 99 blacksmithing making nails. By your view, that would make me worth listening to. In reality, it would make me a fool.

You are already perceived as such by some, so you won't have to go through the trouble, Circe.

That being said, I think making nails is a little bit of an exaggeration, especially considering blacksmithing is still useful, unlike ropemaking.

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

it doesn't have to happen, but getting to 100 blacksmithing by making nails isn't ideal either.

gaining skill via creation of cordage rope is still 100% viable and the skillgain is just as easy as before, all you need to do is vary the quality of your rope tool to reflect the change in difficulty.

it is still 100% possible exactly the same way you raised it.

Redeemed (my old Vyn Priest) had 95 ropemaking when I sold him. Hundreds of thousands of cordage ropes created rather then depriest a 94 channel, 76 soul depth, 100 faith priest.

2 hours ago, Wargasm said:

You are already perceived as such by some, so you won't have to go through the trouble, Circe.

That being said, I think making nails is a little bit of an exaggeration, especially considering blacksmithing is still useful, unlike ropemaking.

Whether or not ropemaking is still useful in light of chopped veggies for favor is irrelevant; I'm talking about how viable skilling Ropemaking is by making cordage rope. The answer: Just as much as it was before, if not moreso.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:50 AM, Ostentatio said:

if I bring my car to the mechanic and he yells at me for driving it to work with the overdrive turned off and a dead possum in the radiator, it wouldn't be very reasonable for me to say "well, I got there, didn't I?" and try to use it as proof that I know what I'm doing.

I don't know what this has to do with the topic but I really like the composition of it and the visual it brings to mind. Brilliant!

*chuckles* (a lot)

=Ayes=

Before this update and at lower skill levels, after bow strings stop yielding reasonable skill with 1ql ropetool, one had to switch to 90+ql ropetool to maintain any reasonable rate of acquiring skill. It was around 70+ or closing to 80 skill when skillgains start to ramp down with usage of 90ql ropetool so at that point lowering the ropetool QL became necessary.

(After update) Currently at around 85skill and 85ql it appears to be something like 97% creation chance, indicating that its still bit of a challenge. So I am sure that ropetool quality around 20-30 would be low enough to keep going for 90+ skill. Everything in Wurm after 90+ is pretty tedious no matter how much you fry it in butter so I would just call this "change in cordage rope made easier" is that reaching higher ropemaking skill as a priest is still reasonable. Might be that nearing 99 skill there is significant slow-down, but in exchange now hopping from bowstring grindageddon to cordage ropes is already yielding reasonable favor results whereas before update at that point one failed so much and all cordages were so low quality that favor was negligible.

It was good change. Benefiting lower ropemaking priests alot, for favor and for skill gains.