Sign in to follow this  
Zekezor

Meditation Rework

+1

Looks like an overall improvement over the current system. But religion and meditation need to be split entirely. Hate should not be tied to Libila and and power should not tied to Magranon as it is now. Otherwise BL pmks should have no access to Path of Love just like WL pmks have no access to Path of Hate in the contemporay system. It also makes no sense, black lighters following love if they are supposed to be hatefull and bad people. Just a matter of being consequent.

Enchanting tiles should stay to love too.

Also, I thought Zekezor always said he was not going to spend time on this:P

Just now, Chlodovech said:

Also, I thought Zekezor always said he was not going to spend time on this:P

needed an excuse to not make stone bricks. lol.

• Like 2

[15:17:05] <Shydow> James - It was updated, SotG now comes online at lower meditation level, and gets better with each new level

[15:18:58] <Lisabet> (Pri) you'll see the 'power' of your damage reduction under spell effects

[15:19:11] <Lisabet> (Pri) 100 power is the full 30%

i think this needs to be implemented to all paths passives bonuses

i love your post btw, but i just mentioned what he have right now and what i feel needs to be implemented right away to all paths.

your total rework is still better, yet i think step one is getting the passives to work like SOTG is now

Edited by elroth

7 hours ago, SmeJack said:

I think any changes made need to keep level 4 out of it

why make everything somewhat good take a long time tho? if you want to keep non prem alts out of the whole thing just raise lvl 4 to 21 med or hell, 30 even....

i hate the thinking of most people tbh, meditation is a huge thing in WO, let people start getting benefits earlier and feel like they have accomplished something

• Like 3

i understand theres balance and numbers to be spoken about over this change, but i hope the devs dont take a year, im actually pretty hype for this meditation rework!!

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 2

Budda:

Please have this talk in the below thread, I don't want tthis spread over multiple.

Here is another thought.  Create new PvE skills in all paths and make sure all paths have equal number of PvP balanced skills, then allow players to choose a PvE and a PvP skill at each med level, where you would normally get a new skill.

Edit: but I also want to be clear that I really like what you started here Z :)

Edited by Wurmhole

3 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

Here is another thought.  Create new PvE skills in all paths and make sure all paths have equal number of PvP balanced skills, then allow players to choose a PvE and a PvP skill at each med level, where you would normally get a new skill.

There is nothing stopping players from having 10 abilities to choose from.

So go ahead and brainstorm new ability choices if you want to.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 2

I think that if we reduce the cool down to path up to 1 week.  We need to make it so that the passive bonus's only kick in at level 4.  With having 4, 7 ,9 as break points.  Otherwise people will just swap too quickly and enjoy easy to gain bonus's at will.

I also think Path of Love should get a defensive CR bonus passively.  It's still relatively quite weaker than PoI or PoH in a group scenario for pvp.  Even at 3x greater the player is still depended on RNG to land hits.  It's just not great especially if you're fighting someone that heavily out CR's you.

Otherwise a huge +1, this is what we need and stuff like this makes me excited for the future of Wurm.

Edited by Samusen
  • Like 1

Still trying to go through all of the paths and what they get an the combinations etc.  But one thing I did notice is the cooldown changes.   For instance, Survey (old get info) can be used every hour.  While that is nice to be able to click the ground once an hour and see a list of all critters and settlements that often.  I think that is a bit too often maybe once every 3 hours.  As tracking is so random even now, I'd rather not see this information. I'm not sure I'd even want that much information scrolling past me.  Currently it only shows the aggro in my area both above and below ground.  I am not sure I'd even want it to show all the non aggro.  With the exception of a pvp use, I'm not sure why I'd want to see the settlements nearby.

Ability to choose when an ability is unlocked is very nice.  However, I think some will take the fast route and with knowledge unlock no skill loss at level 4 and say well there we go.  I think this should not be able to be unlocked that early.

4 minutes ago, Pashka said:

Ability to choose when an ability is unlocked is very nice.  However, I think some will take the fast route and with knowledge unlock no skill loss at level 4 and say well there we go.  I think this should not be able to be unlocked that early.

Really?

People value that ability that much?

as a person who got 100 in multiple skills on multiple clusters and 99+ in others... I don't really care about that ability lol. (and yea, I've had a pve death which pushed back my archery from 99,79 lol)

Personally i just normally never die to pve... so skill conservation isnt a biggie for me.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

Yea people value that skill that much.  It is why many take the path.

2 minutes ago, Pashka said:

Yea people value that skill that much.  It is why many take the path.

I thought it was for the 25% skill increase... I've never heard anyone mentioning the skill loss as the primary reason.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

Skill increase is nice.  But even I wanted no skill loss.  While noone wants to die, I would rather die alot than have to reskill some of the items back up.

but if you're on PoK why would you stop after 1 ability; it only makes sense to carry on training to unlock the other benefits or you're missing out?

Just now, Mclovin said:

but if you're on PoK why would you stop after 1 ability; it only makes sense to carry on training to unlock the other benefits or you're missing out?

Not to mention getting the passive skillgain per level ontop of the no skill loss ability.

• Like 1

aside from this awesome and well worked out system imo.....

[17:10:04] You fail to relax.

please reconsider this failing chance :/

why is it there anyway?

Edited by Quicktor

Some people only take a path for a certain benefit.  I happen to have others in the POL.  Only reason was for enchanted grass.  They never went past it.  Level 4 can be gained as a non prem.  So if they can unlock what they want then why bother going any further.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pashka said:

Some people only take a path for a certain benefit.  I happen to have others in the POL.  Only reason was for enchanted grass.  They never went past it.  Level 4 can be gained as a non prem.  So if they can unlock what they want then why bother going any further.

Alright if you personally don't wish to reap the benefits of the other abilities, teleport and leveled passive then noone forces you. It's merely one skill out of 100+. :)

Edited by Zekezor

I am just pointing out that some benefits to a skill were put later in the path because they are more powerful.  If they can be unlocked that early then there is no reason to grind the skill.  You are right it is one out of 100.  I have 90 in the skill.  I did skill it up.  It was important to me for alot of reasons.  That doesn't change my opinion on if it should be able to be unlocked at level 4 though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pashka said:

I am just pointing out that some benefits to a skill were put later in the path because they are more powerful.  If they can be unlocked that early then there is no reason to grind the skill.  You are right it is one out of 100.  I have 90 in the skill.  I did skill it up.  It was important to me for alot of reasons.  That doesn't change my opinion on if it should be able to be unlocked at level 4 though.

So what other abilities/passives would you like to see that you deem usefull? :)

Edited by Zekezor

hi

could you maybe make all abilities work somewhat like this?

q2zIXme.png

basically split every ability up in 3 ranks, with every rank making the effect stronger or adding new bonuses

just an example for the rage ability being something like this

Rank 1 - 2x bonus to bashing, no bonus to siege engines

Rank 2 - 3x bonus to bashing, 10% bonus to siege engines

Rank 3 -  4x bonus to bashing, 25% bonus to siege engines

or the attention to detail ability

Rank 1 - +1 radius to prospecting, +2.5% higher chance for rarity rolls

Rank 2 - +1 radius to prospecting, +5% higher chance for rarity rolls, +1 cr

Rank 3 - +2 radius to prospecting, +10% higher chance for rarity rolls, +2 cr

these are just examples

would be more work for devs but would feel great for when you're progressing and getting better/unlocking something new every level

• Like 3

For all paths why not make it a standard 30% rule for passives. Two possible solutions for each path. 

• Pok
    • 30% skill gain, or
    •  (25% skill gain and 5% better chance improving or creating items)
  • PoI:
    • 30% dmg reduction, or
    • 25% damage reduction/ 5% higher chance to "get enraged in madness" crit your weapon while fighting
  • PoH:
    • 30% more damage dealt, or
    • 20% damage dealt/ 10% offensive CR
  • PoP:
    • 30% stamina reduction, or
    • 25% damage reduction/ gain 5% Body strength for carrying (100% speed weight, etc. and max total weight increase.)
  • Pol:  
    • 30% higher healing/first aid skill (30% more healing), or
    •  25% better healing/ 5% boost to taming skill to tame an animal. 

This is proposed to keep all percentages the same so it is blatantly fair between the paths for percentage wise. Just my opinion ofc. 

Edited by polarbear
  • Like 2

Here's a question for you PvP experts:

Assuming 10x10 flat paved arena combat on foot to simplify things.  On Chaos (no epic deities please) Is there a single player around who can consistently beat 5 "high quality" 30 day old accounts in 1 v 5 combat? 

What about if the 30-day accounts only get equipment they can build themselves? 

How many hours per week would the 30 day accounts have to grind in order to reach the right quality for 50% success rate, if possible?  (and maybe how twitchy and smart)

Assuming 10x10 flat paved arena combat on foot to simplify things.  On Chaos (no epic deities please) Is there a single player around who can consistently beat 5 "high quality" 30 day old accounts in 1 v 5 combat? YES. Define HQ considering everything in wurm takes longer than 30 days to be HQ in most if not all skills unlike FS, or maybe shield skill. 

What about if the 30-day accounts only get equipment they can build themselves? Even more slaughtered, see response to next Q. 

How many hours per week would the 30 day accounts have to grind in order to reach the right quality for 50% success rate, if possible?  (and maybe how twitchy and smart) : a few hours a day, but QL won't be that great. so slaughtering will happen. If they are a god's and grind 20 hours a day for 30 days straight to get roughly 25BS, 70FS, and ... well they will get slaughtered no matter what for basis of body strength since DR isn't simply high enough to last in a battle, and can get one shotted by a huge axe, or a large maul. 

Edited by polarbear