Sign in to follow this  
validate

large and small crate storage next please.,like barrel racks

can we get large and small crate storage next please. i have 100's on deed cluttering it,  would be cool to see, same idea as the barrels

[ ]

[ ][ ][ ]

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]    

?

Edited by validate
  • Like 1

How do you get them onto the rack? Given they can only be loaded.

I envision a run down cart or wagon with no wheels raised up on cinder blocks. You can command it to load but it goes nowhere.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I think it can work if we can move (drag & drop) a crate between vehicle (Large Cart/Wagon/ship) Inventory and Storage.

On that note it would also be awesome if we can move crates (and any other loadable items) from one vehicle to another. It would

save a lot of the annoying unload from one/disembark - embark on the destination and load again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lathe said:

I envision a run down cart or wagon with no wheels raised up on cinder blocks. You can command it to load but it goes nowhere.

You can do that already with a unhitched cart/wagon.

11 hours ago, Retrograde said:

let us pick up empty crates like empty bsb/fsb, np

12 hours ago, Lathe said:

Get off my front lawn! :D

To load them, cut and paste the code from carts/boats.  In those instances you have to board them, but I'd imagine one could tweak it to be a right-click option on the shelves. 

I also like the idea @Talliosposted here, to have shelves that can have small chests on it, kind of like we might use shoe boxes for storage today.

Not sure about the large crates though.  Seems like that might be warehouse type stuff maybe requiring a pulley system, as opposed to small crates which would appear more manageable.

the last time i put down wine barrels, i just dropped.  now 1-2 yrs later i see planting as an option. i'm sure they can code crates to pickup-able into inventory empty only.  then we place into rack and fill in.

been too long for me to go back into WU coding files and look for it.  but WU has seen many improvements that WO could use at some point, that wouldn't change the game much, or break it and make us all happy.

19 hours ago, Retrograde said:

A lot of ideas here:

Basically either a piling mechanic for them or an "embarkable" immobile storage unit. And something for rafts, maybe?

• Like 2

ultimately though it just becomes another Bsb, bulk storage that cannot be moved.

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

ultimately though it just becomes another Bsb, bulk storage that cannot be moved.

Yeah, but it will look better. If barrels got it's rack why not other types of containers? Variety is always good.

so allow empty crates to be picked up and placed in the rack, filled, and then require emptying or unloading to take out?

Rack should have "manage crates" option. It works like embarking, but instead of this character is put standing in front of rack.

In this mode crates with content or empty can be unloaded from the rack or loaded into rack.

On "stop manage" option you just "disembark"

Also, outside this option, rack can be opened like any other container, where you get access to the crate content OR just put/pick up empty crates into/from the rack (of course require change that crates can be put into inventory like bsb).

Edited by Wilczan

Just now, Cecci said:

No, allow them to be full. Load like on a cart.

This, make so you can simply pick up empty crates (which we already can pick up empty bsb's) drop them into your rack. To move full crates out, make so they can just be loaded directly into a wagon or cart.

This will effectively give us sort able bsb's instead of a sea of crates sitting on one tile with no hope in hell figuring out which one has what.

That's a completely convoluted and unnecessary addition to a mechanic though, and further stretches the suggestion into "not possible"

Ultimately with suggestions new mechanics and features take a lot more time and effort, which can mean the difference between a yes and a no. Keeping it simple tends to work best

Just now, Retrograde said:

That's a completely convoluted and unnecessary addition to a mechanic though, and further stretches the suggestion into "not possible"

Ultimately with suggestions new mechanics and features take a lot more time and effort, which can mean the difference between a yes and a no. Keeping it simple tends to work best

Fine then, give us larger crates.

Maybe option for tile "open all crates"?

It opens all crates standing on tile, showing all of them on one list, so you can expand any of them (like they were into knarr etc).

Edited by Wilczan

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 6:28 AM, Retrograde said:

Just give the rack an "embark" option if necessary. Done!

=Ayes=

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ayes said:

Just give the rack an "embark" option if necessary. Done!

=Ayes=

Brilliant!

• Like 1

could use the haul up/haul down option and if standing next to a "crate rack" the crate goes into the rack.   reverse open the rack, click "haul down" and crate appears next to you.   

Edit: i was thinking that the racks would take a 1x1x2 and essentially hide the crates above, in a container. 

Edited by ClericGunem