Sign in to follow this  
blayze

[Fixed] Drinks that have been split in size do not give affinities

If you take a drink and split it up using any container, the drink will no longer give an affinity. However if its the original liquid, it will. 

An update on this using the taste option

The original vodka: [13:14:09] You think the vodka might give you more of an insight about body control!

The vodka that was split: [13:12:33] The vodka tastes not at all nutritional. 

I would like to be able to share the vodka that I make with other people so please fix this

Edited by blayze
  • Like 2

What about combining them? If you make two batches of identical tea and merge them, do they still give you the same affinity? I guess I could test this later easily enough and post the result.

I have another concern about this.

If there's other metadata (for lack of a better term) for an ingredient used in cooking, is that lost as well?

For example, if I have stock made from different ingredients or with different complexity (e.g. adding herb to one and not the other), is this info important when I cook with it, and is that information lost when the stock is split into two items?

Really, all relevant information ought to be copied over to the "new" item when the item is split.

You can take some out, drink it get nothing, put it back and it work again as long as you put it back to a barrel that contains a drink unit that still has its meta it will combine just fine. So it can be combined, had several stills running and all the distillate is consolidated into one barrel and it still works. Taking a measure of a liquid is loosing its data and you just get a copy of an item of the required type directly from its prototype leaving the "source item" still in the barrel which can be edged down little by little until you have a 0.01 amount in the barrel which still contains the data. Moving this item into the barrel that contains the rest of its volume then restores the data to the larger volume again. So you can move it from barrel to barrel all in one go, or move it in smaller quantities as long as the final 'drop' is put in there with it.

This bug occurs whether using 'fill' or DnD and is affecting all known types of containers.

Edited by morlan

4 minutes ago, morlan said:

Taking a measure of a liquid is loosing its meta.

And you have to do this pretty much constantly when cooking things with those ingredients.

8 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

And you have to do this pretty much constantly when cooking things with those ingredients.

Other liquids like gravy and stock are not affected or not affected as much, this bug is relating to product level liquids like alcohols. The above post was written whilst testing each method out as I was writing it using beer, gin and brandy and the bug was confirmed for each. This is relating to items that have meta, things like gravy appear to loose some of that information as its processed and in some cases don't have any at all if its an intermediate.

For example, a pie doesn't know that you used a herb in the gravy after you used a herb in the main recipe.

I could be wrong there, but from my experiments that seems to be how its working, whether that is intended behaviour or not I don't know.

Edited by morlan

Thanks for this report, i've found the issue and it should be fixed in an update after its been tested.

It didnt make it into the update today, as was not fully tested.. but should be in next update.

• Like 1

Additional:

Drinking a ale from a beer stein (I know I shouldn't be doing it because of above) causes the entire load of liquid to be removed without a drinking action being triggered.