Sign in to follow this  
Crimsoncowboy

Woodcutting Animation

While woodcutting with a saw,  the animation is for an axe and the sound is of a saw. Therefore I get to watch myself beat a tree with a hack saw while listening to something that sounds nothing like what I see. I don't know if this is the right place for this, if not I'm sorry. 

You can use multiple different tools for the same job, most specifically in the wood cutting category. Carving Knife, Saw and Hatchet can do a lot of the same jobs, for example, you can even use a shovel to chop down a tree! What you use is up to you.

It just seems like the animation should be of the character sawing.. im a new player and just noticing the random little things that are strange.  Another is that when you hold a lantern it is held sideways,  where out should be vertical and hang from your hand.  I'm sure in the future these small things will be fixed, I do find it annoying that using a practice doll has no action to stop practicing and I have to walk over 2 tiles away before it stops.  However; unequiping the weapon seems to do the trick, but is a rather annoying inconvenience. 

A hatchet is generally used to cut down trees while a saw is used to cut the logs into planks. A lantern works the same in your inventory and does not need to be held outside of RP purposes.

When I cut trees with a saw, I get both the hatchet "chopping" and tree "sawing" sounds at once. It's pretty weird.