Sign in to follow this  
RazedtoThrill

Trapping/Tracking

Tracking seems like such a useless skill outside of PVP, perhaps it could be used for PVE as well?

Tracking could be used to find the footprints of animals and with higher tracking the more detail and detection of more animals.

Tracking would eventually lead to where they were last seen, and maybe if we had traps we could use them on a spot where they are most prevalent. 

I would like to bump this.

I think offering some form of trapping would just add even more flare to  the game.

I loved trapping animals in Life is Feudal.

Traps at the moment are only for pvp situations, people step onto your deed or around the area *wack* damage slow or dead.

Why not make simple traps for catching animals over time?

I am not saying we add new NPC's or have NPC's fall into the trap to activate, I was think it would be based more on a dice roll that gets stronger based on skill, trap position(woods vs sand), and other factors. 

Animals that can be trapped can be, hens, roosters, rabbits, wild cats, and maybe some other ideas if anyone has them.

The player would check the trap and see the animal inside dead, and then butcher it.

This same mechanic can also be used for close to shore traps, for passive fish, and maybe crab meats.

Edited by FranktheTank

I like this idea. Would be nice to be able to trap pelt-bearing critters, or even just track them. +1

Yeah, +1, i would also add being able to place net traps in water to catch fish, clams, crabs etc. Can even add new kind of simple wooden traps just for animals and fish that wouldn't work on humans

• Like 1

I would be happy if it caught things that weren't even mobs. Set the trap and check it each day to see if it is "full" and then retrieve the trap like harvesting a crop. You get an option maybe to butcher right there and reset trap.

• Like 3

+1, as Cndo said this would add more flavor to Wurm

+1, maybe just able to butcher on spot and get the butchered goods

• Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 4:41 AM, Wulfgarr said:

+1, maybe just able to butcher on spot and get the butchered goods

Image result for stops copies me

+1. uses for hunting traps and tracking would be nice...could get a 'it seems animals pass in this area often' message, to get hunting/fishing  trap tiles, like water tiles with a yoyo for wells.

could be helping new people survive at first too (few branches can make a simple trap, to more complex ones)

• Like 1

I had the thought of being able to put your hand on the corpse of a creature and see if the body is still warm or not (to determine how recently it was killed), and at higher levels, discover what weapon it was killed with.
However, I can see this working both positively and negatively.

Positive: Able to track down who killed your beloved animal (or animals), especially if its a bug that caused permissions to fail.
Negative: Could be used to troll other players by stalking/annoying them.

Edited by Benie
  • Like 1