Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #48: Rack 'em up!

header.png

Hi everyone!
Another busy week this week as we continue to address some concerns and issues with 1.3, as well as prepare for the big release in Wurm Unlimited, we're still ensuring the bugs are ironed out in WO before moving on to a beta, but expect to see it within the next few weeks!

But first..

Patch Notes

Spoiler

Patch Notes 1/DEC/16

• Label making has been added to the crafting window and recipe list.
  • Increased the chance of wild hives having a second queen as well as an increased chance of migration to a domestic hive.
  • Simple creation cooking actions can now be done with the crafting window interface like chopping, grinding, mincing, etc.
  • Cooking tools will now take proper damage when used for actions and recipes.
  • Harvests from bushes, fruit trees, trellises and nut trees can now result in the form of a rare.
  • Bee smokers now give you a message to indicate when they are full as you are fueling them.  You no longer need a kindling to light them and you can use a variety of fuels like oils, woodscraps, paper, etc.
  • CCFP and temporary affinities are now available for non premium accounts.
  • Refresh no longer clears CCFP percentages.
  • The Creature Combat feature that increases difficulty of certain creatures on the Epic cluster has been disabled as of this update, an updated version will be released at a later date.
  • Barrel racks!
    • Small barrel racks and wine barrel racks can now be crafted with 1 large nail and 2 wooden beams
    • They can hold up to 30 barrels of their corresponding type.

• Bugfix: Fix for cave ceiling leveling messages.
  • Bugfix: Added a few fixes for issues with newly discovered named recipes.
  • Bugfix: Fix an error causing incorrect harvest timing on trellises.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where you couldn’t eat/drink source or endurance sandwiches when full.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a bug that prevented you from opening a tunnel near a rocksalt wall.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a bug which allowed the planting of containers which held no-drop items.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where picking herbs failed to give the correct message and action response.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where outside only items could be planted inside.
  • Bugfix: Fix for group permissions not working correctly for multistory buildings which kicked you out when logging back into the game unless you had specific permission by name.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a bug where ground fresh spices kept the ‘fresh’ in the name even when put into a bulk bin.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a mine floor leveling error and message when trying to level a floor next to the cave entrance tile.
  • Bugfix: Positive decay (gaining QL) in wine barrels should work as intended.
  • Bugfix: Removed combine option in text menu for papyrus and paper sheets.
  • Bugfix: Added missing text, swirl and drumroll for a moment of inspiration when picking a rare herb from a pottery planter.
  • Bugfix: Fix for hives not producing wax very often.
  • Bugfix: You can secure (plant) active domestic hives after unloading them and also push/pull and turn them. 

Patch Notes 28/NOV/16

• The calorie bonus has been changed to give a 33% reduction to stamina usage instead of a flat 33 point boost to body stamina when full.
  • Excluded crates from the decoration tile count. They will have a max of 100 on one tile. Crates will still count as decoration items for the no decay check.
  • Bugfix: Village message boards can now be managed via permissions without needing a lock.
  • Bugfix: Added a check for containers which can hold more than one liquid.
  • Bugfix: Clay items will retain any rename after being heated and turned to pottery.
  • Bugfix: Fixed issue with rune bonus to create based on your deity.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue preventing some rat, sheep and pig corpses from being used for recipes.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where some lamps had incorrect graphics applied after the Cooking update.
  • Bugfix: Corrected potted plants occasionally not giving items.
  • Bugfix: Corrected extra damage on bad botanising and foraging rolls.

Recipes
Keenan teased this a little bit in the WU forums but we'll have a look at it here anyways. Something that wasn't really mentioned in the WO update due to it being back end was how the recipe creating system works in the code.

Spoiler

{
    "name":"casserole (herb)",
    "recipeid":"1367",
    "known":true,
    "skill":"hot food cooking",
    "trigger":"heat",
    "cookers":[
      {"id":"oven"},
      {"id":"campfire","difficulty":5},
      {"id":"forge","difficulty":10}
    ],
    "containers":[
      {"id":"pottery bowl"}
    ],
    "ingredients":{
      "oneormore":[
        {
          "list":[
            {"id":"any herb"}
          ]
        },
        {
          "list":[
            {"id":"any fruit","cstate":"raw","difficulty":5},
            {"id":"any cereal","difficulty":5},
            {"id":"any veg","difficulty":5},
            {"id":"any berry","cstate":"raw","difficulty":5},
            {"id":"any nut","difficulty":5},
            {"id":"any mushroom","difficulty":5}
          ]
        }
      ],
      "optional":[
        {"id":"salt","difficulty":5}
      ]
    },
    "result":{
      "id":"casserole",
      "name":"herb casserole",
      "difficulty":11,
      "description":"A tasty casserole with a nice herb smell."
    }
}

The exact code may be confusing for some so let me break it down a little:

This represents a single recipe.

Each recipe is a single file (JSON for those curious) that is stored in a recipe folder in the server folder structure.

When your server starts up after a restart it checks the folder and adds any and all recipes listed in there. This means a system that is extremely flexible, and a simple restart allows you to add all the recipes you desire!

Creating a recipe will be as simple as choosing what ingredients may go into it, the container and cooker used, the description and model, then sharing the file with other server admins!

Wurm unlimited will be receiving a list of already known recipes to make the basic level of cooking accessible, along with the ability for server admins to customise and add their own recipes.

Those who wish to write their own won't be totally in the dark, we'll be releasing a guide about how the recipe file system works and all the possible variables. I'm positive that someone will be eyeing it off, contemplating their own little tool to create recipes with ease too.

Tasty!
The one down side to finding out what each meal gives as an affinity is being too full to eat! To counter this we'll be adding a "taste" option in a future update, allowing players to taste a meal for a hint of the affinity they will receive, even more reason to get cooking now!

The reduction in skillgain from HFC is also being looked at, and as soon as the issue is isolated it will be fixed.

Nutrition changes

Incase anyone missed it in the patch notes, we will be removing the CCFP wiping of Refresh, and allowing it to fill food/water/nutrition to 99, the payoff for this is the fact the CCFP bars will continue to go down without eating. We'll also be boosting nutrition values from medium+ meals served in their ideal temperatures (no one likes a hot salad).

Rack 'em up!
Beating me to the release is the awesome new wine barrel rack, and small barrel rack! These can hold up to 30 barrels of their corresponding type (incorrectly listed as 20 in the patch notes before I fixed them), meaning much better storage options and allows me to continue to hoard barrels like they're going out of style!

Community Content

This weeks community content is a little PvP related, with three new Chaos PMK's launching in the past month or so. They've been hard at work and have produced some amazing kingdom designs, I can't work out which kingdoms I like the most (though I'm open to donations!) Which one is your favourite?

Pandemonium:

Spoiler

pandemonium.jpg

The Crusaders:

Spoiler

crusaders.jpg

Dreadnought Dynasty:

Spoiler

dreadnought.png

That's it for this week though! We'll continue to keep an eye on things as we work towards a Wurm Unlimited release, Until then though..

Keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Tasty!
The one down side to finding out what each meal gives as an affinity is being too full to eat! To counter this we'll be adding a "taste" option in a future update, allowing players to taste a meal for a hint of the affinity they will receive, even more reason to get cooking now!

+1

• Like 2

Awesome news! Looking forward to the changes. It's pretty cool that you will be able to write own recipes for Wurm Unlimited.

*wanders off to prepare a spot for a wine barrel rack*

Realy nice touch with taste option and barrels rack, and beautiful designs from all new kingdoms to bring more diversity into Wurm :) Keep up the good work :)

Edited by kochinac

Is looking good gonna have to try those barrels out though, might save a fair bit of space. :D

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Rack 'em up!
Beating me to the release is the awesome new wine barrel rack, and small barrel rack! These can hold up to 30 barrels of their corresponding type (incorrectly listed as 20 in the patch notes before I fixed them), meaning much better storage options and allows me to continue to hoard barrels like they're going out of style!

Yep, I have always had so many extra small barrels and only a few will fit in large chests so had to use rafts too. Now that rack also makes a nice display for them with so much more storage capacity. Hopefully it doesn't take up too much floor space. Will just have to make one to see then. Nice feature!

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Great timing on implementing the "taste" request!  That feedback was given a very short time ago, nice to see you guys so on top of it.

The barrel rack is awesome as well!  Not much into alcoholic bevies myself but will come in very hand for paints and other barrel fodder.

Keep up the great work!  (on Monday, happy Friday and enjoy the week-end)

• Like 2

Nice to see the updates going more or less fairly smooth. Hope this trend continues and the team starts to tackle some needed advertisements to compliment these new additions to the game.

I do hope some more talk about PVP balance with DR is in the near futures scope?.. And possibly some more tweaks to armor balances and true stike.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

Great timing on implementing the "taste" request!  That feedback was given a very short time ago, nice to see you guys so on top of it.

I'm starting to think Budda is some kind of genie. I'm just hoping he's not the overly-literal kind.

• Like 2

We going to be able to load and unload large barrels full of water or liquid from a large cart next?

• Like 1

nice touch with the racks, would be cool to have something like that for crates too, maybe allowing them to be dragged from a vehicle into them like rafts can be from vehicle to vehicle rather than having to store them in wagons or ships all the time for easier sorting and access and with the ability to be locked and managed like the vehicles.

PMK stuffs cool too, all of them.

Edited by Lordterrabyte
  • Like 3

For those that really like to cram things together, you should be able to overlap the barrel racks and really load up on barrels, with minimal loss of floor space.  Push gently is one of my all time favorite additions to the game, for this reason.

Please keep up the good work on space saving storage solutions :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

+1

Your avatar is the face of this weeks news on Facebook lol 
43f0f192a1ad1dcfe91c4e548eb77576.png

• Like 1

Love the racks, really nice for storage and they fit good in house/cave designs :)

Also, wouldnt it be a fun idea to add 3 new recipes to the database each friday when the weekly news comes up? (maybe accompagnied with a picture  how one of the 3 recipes looks irl, so we have a starting point to figure out one of them?)

Pandemonium for sure :) but i do like that belt from the dreadnought dynasty and my friend who is crazy into vikings will love it ;)

• Like 3

Good luck to all 3 new PMKs! And great designs all thee.

And great work on the racks. I can't wait to add a few to my deed now.

@Retrogradeare we going to see these in WU? We miss out on so much, it would make a great addition to our deeds, 

18 hours ago, Lycanthropic said:

Love the racks, really nice for storage and they fit good in house/cave designs :)

Also, wouldnt it be a fun idea to add 3 new recipes to the database each friday when the weekly news comes up? (maybe accompagnied with a picture  how one of the 3 recipes looks irl, so we have a starting point to figure out one of them?)

That sounds like a fun idea to slowly push out new recipes to keep the cooking update rolling.

Edited by nicedreams

4 hours ago, nicedreams said:

That sounds like a fun idea to slowly push out new recipes to keep the cooking update rolling.

Yeah! This sounds like a easy way to add content on a regular basis. Weekly and 3 sounds a bit overboard. but constant content flowing in is great for the community.

Okay, now admit shields are broken and fix them and we can all have fun again.

Can we get some confirmation on whether or not trellises indoors (or on a roof, etc.) are supposed to be harvestable?

I've heard reports that indoor trellises can be harvested, but I'm not sure if it's true, or if it's intended, so some clarification regarding the intended rules here would be nice.

EDIT: Also, confirmation on which runes are supposed to work for harvesting from trees? The Gold Rune of Fo description implies that it does, but I'm getting the 10% QL boost from the Bronze Rune of Libila. I want to know there's no buggy code here, so we don't get any nasty surprises a year from now.

Edited by Ostentatio

can we get large and small crate storage next please. i have 100's on deed cluttering it,  would be cool to see, same idea as the barrels

• Like 2

On 12/2/2016 at 11:45 AM, Mclovin said:

Your avatar is the face of this weeks news on Facebook lol 
43f0f192a1ad1dcfe91c4e548eb77576.png

not sure why my mug is worthy of that, lol

• Like 1