Sign in to follow this  
Zivirt

[No Bug] Goblin Liver and Onion wont cook

I was just given a rare goblin liver and onion recipe, added it to my cookbook and went to make it, had the correct cooker and container, along with all the correct ingredients and i get [17:39:39] The items inside do not make any known recipe.

hmmm i have the rare version and it cooked fine a few days ago

I don't have any rare or found recipes so not able to confirm.    Can you tell me if you scribed the recipe from the actual drop?

In the meantime, I'll open up a bug for now.

Not sure if youre asking the OP or me, but the rare i got was from a troll i killed and it cooked fine 3 days ago

yeah a friend of mine got it from a troll and gave it to me 

Did you relog after adding it?  They don't add properly, but I added one today and relogged and I get it working fine, did not try it before relogging though

[01:43:36] The ingredients in the cauldron would make a goblin liver and onion when cooked in a cooker.

yeah i tried before and after relogging and it didn't come up. even now i just checked in a cauldron and its giving me the message for no known recipe. i'll try again in the morning and see if maybe something was messed up 

A member of our community was kind enough to send me a copy of the recipe.  After logging out and back in, the recipe was in my cookbook.  I put the cauldron in my inventory and added the ingredients one at a time and checked lore each time.  (I purposely ignored one of the lore hints and went to the final step.)  

[08:45:49] The ingredients in the cauldron would make a goblin liver and onion when cooked in a cooker.

Try adding one at a time, right click the cauldron each time and choose 'lore'.  If you still cannot get it to work - send me a copy of your event log via forum pm which should show the messages after each lore.

6 hours ago, Zivirt said:

yeah i tried before and after relogging and it didn't come up. even now i just checked in a cauldron and its giving me the message for no known recipe. i'll try again in the morning and see if maybe something was messed up 

Dumb question, but the recipe does appear in your cookbook, right? You have to actually add the recipe, consuming the recipe card, not just read it.

36 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

Dumb question, but the recipe does appear in your cookbook, right? You have to actually add the recipe, consuming the recipe card, not just read it.

It would still cook it if followed correctly tho

58 minutes ago, Corwen said:

It would still cook it if followed correctly tho

Not if you don't have the recipe - recipes from drops cannot be created unless the recipe is in your own cookbook. I could tell you every ingredient in the recipe, but if you don't get the recipe drop and read and add to your cookbook, you can't cook it.

What sEeDliNgS (damn you for making me type that) says is correct. The recipes you get from creature drops cannot be cooked unless the recipe is already in your cookbook, and you can't write it down on new recipe cards either.

5 hours ago, sEeDliNgS said:

Not if you don't have the recipe - recipes from drops cannot be created unless the recipe is in your own cookbook. I could tell you every ingredient in the recipe, but if you don't get the recipe drop and read and add to your cookbook, you can't cook it.

Ahh did not know this, thanks for the info!

alright, so i managed it by switching up the cooking oil from olive to hazel, but the recipe just says cooking oil. seems like there could still be some kind of bug because i've used olive oil with other recipes calling for just cooking oil 

11 hours ago, Zivirt said:

alright, so i managed it by switching up the cooking oil from olive to hazel, but the recipe just says cooking oil. seems like there could still be some kind of bug because i've used olive oil with other recipes calling for just cooking oil 

Confirmed.  Olive oil does not give you the same result as other oils.  Thanks for the note.

• Like 1

Here is the latest on this recipe and an explanation of why this is not a bug.

If you take a look at the official cooking document - section 7.2.5 about oils - it talks about the difference between olive oil and cooking oils and gives examples of the new types of cooking oils in the game.  So if a recipe calls for ANY oil - it means any oil, including olive.  If a recipe asks for a specific oil - it needs only that oil.  The Goblin Liver and Onions recipe calls for 'cooking oil' which is not olive oil.

The document can be found here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PhEhJkjNy-jl3_L5mdaQRVzyfdS7MfAt8_iNwSaHYYE/ and was listed as a link in the 1.3 patch notes announcement under cooking changes http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/147250-wurm-online-13-update-patch-notes-22nov16/