Sign in to follow this  
Fescue

Affinity bonuses from meals change on server restart?

Seriously, this is complete nonsense. I've spent the last few days chopping, pressing and tasting my way to a spreadsheet detailing ingredients and the affinity bonuses I receive from meals. Now, they are suddenly all different. What the hell is with that?

Devs, I loved your work on the update. It's complicated and I'm making my way through it slowly, but this is just about all I can take with the randomly generated  hot garbage. I can understand each cook and each person having different affinities for meals. Fine. But are you telling me that I have to figure this stuff out each time the server resets? This is really unacceptable.

• Like 2

it doesn't seem to affect everyone, so i would assume it's a bug :o For me my affinities stayed the same for same meals, but my friend got it all shuffled aswell like you.

Changed for me too. Yesterday veg goulasch gave me prayer affinity, today the same goulasch i made yesterday, gave turrets.

• Like 1

This is an unfortunate side effect from addressing a few bugs with meals, it shouldn't happen every restart though.

• Like 2

I asked for roll back and got flamed. I have a spread sheet with 3 toons and over 60 meals per toon along with variations of those 60 meals. No one cares "You still have the recipes, do it all over again" was response I got. Screw you guys that said that, i spent days on this.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

This is an unfortunate side effect from addressing a few bugs with meals, it shouldn't happen every restart though.

I appreciate the response, but is it safe to go back in the water? What's the point if this stuff is going to change every time you tweak it?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

So is there plans on reverting it back or is it more of a "sucks to be you" kind of deal? I honestly don't see a point in the new cooking system if we just have to cross our fingers they don't change on restart.

Lmao the fact that the servers are restarted so seldom probably lead to them missing that one

6 minutes ago, Budzilla said:

So is there plans on reverting it back or is it more of a "sucks to be you" kind of deal? I honestly don't see a point in the new cooking system if we just have to cross our fingers they don't change on restart.

revert the bugs?

It's not based on a restart, there's been several restarts since the 1.3 update

i cry

my 3 hr from one bite digging affinity is now longsword

so i cry

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

revert the bugs?

Maybe do some QA before releasing "bug fixes" so you don't waste our time? That's hours upon hours of cooking down the drain..

I realize I am salty af right now, but you guys need to realize releasing "bug fixes" that just introduce new bugs is not at all acceptable, especially major bugs such as this.

Edited by Budzilla
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

revert the bugs?

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

so, some restarts we'll have new affinities and most restarts they'll stay... sounds fun

• Like 2

Can I ask for a taste option on food to speed up the process of recycling all the figuring out food bonuses then?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Pingpong said:

Can I ask for a taste option on food to speed up the process of recycling all the figuring out food bonuses then?

yes please!

this has to be a joke.  Nobody would shrug off something this serious.  The fact that "maybe" it will happen again is enough for me to say forget cooking.  Makes all that work all the devs did for the last few months, pretty pointless.

• Like 4

Just to double check... you guys are not altering those same meals in any way, correct?

You have to use the same exact ingredients to get the same affinity, even if the recipe is named the same.

If you are, well then yes, it's a stupid bug and it should be fixed.

Every single feature patch is released without any systematic testing, and server restarts have caused a lot of issues over the years.

What do you expect?

5 minutes ago, Xallo said:

Just to double check... you guys are not altering those same meals in any way, correct?

You have to use the same exact ingredients to get the same affinity, even if the recipe is named the same.

If you are, well then yes, it's a stupid bug and it should be fixed.

Yes, exact same recipe. Meal was left in my inv overnight and changed affinities given. And as seen above by Retros post it's unfixable and has to do with the recent "bug fixes". There goes any chance of me (and a majority of us) ever using the cooking system again.

Edited by Budzilla

3 minutes ago, Budzilla said:

Yes, exact same recipe. Meal was left in my inv overnight and changed affinities given. And as seen above by Retros post it's unfixable and has to do with the recent "bug fixes". There goes any chance of me (and a majority of us) ever using the cooking system again.

hell yea guys, ###### fixing bugs am i right

• Like 2

the problem is that it might get "fixed" again.  If they said "we are so VERY sorry, but we had to change the affinities - here is some SP for your frustrations, but not to worry, we have them hard coded in now, so they will never change again..."

I'd understand a bit more.  Maybe Retro was just a bit sleepy when he replied?

Edit:  Nothing against Retro.  Love the job he is doing.  Tough to be the one to verbally kick everyone in the nutz

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

Just to clarify, this was related to one fix that stopped some meals from not being able to be eaten by anyone other than the creator. Issues with alts and other players and meals.

This is not just any issue to do with food, but simply the way the item ID's were being worked, which is a part of how the affinity is determined.

This is highly unlikely to happen again.

• Like 3

non prems still dont get temp affinities from the meals, so can we expect them to change when this is fixed?

The whole credibility of the food update is consistency.

I just created about 60 different meals and recorded their affinities in a spreadsheet for 3 different characters.   You know how long it takes to try that many meals?  Now I have to throw it out and start over.

I enjoyed just grabbing a 'fighting' meal to go out and take a bite before each major engagement.  Now the same meal gives 'puppeteering'.... great!!!

This is a very serious issue with the new food system... it's like a possibilty of loosing items in inventory when there is a 'bug fix' with items in your inventory.

• Like 2

i was mixed up; but kinda fun having a reason to test the different meals. I would consider meals also changing with the seasons! Mix it up!

• Like 1