Sign in to follow this  
Fescue

Affinity bonuses from meals change on server restart?

1 hour ago, Mclovin said:

i was mixed up; but kinda fun having a reason to test the different meals. I would consider meals also changing with the seasons! Mix it up!

you're living dangerously suggesting that for WO I think :lol:

Could be a cool mod for WU though! I wouldn't eat a heavy beef stew in summer any sooner than a bruschetta in the dead of winter.

Or, back in the day, had a chocolate stout in summer or a pilsner in winter.

• Like 2

yeah I don't want them to change.... the meals have IMMENSE variability with what herbs and meats you can add.... randomizing it just makes it a miserable gamble to find good ones.

I like having favorite meals... the affinities arent that long for the most part, so they arent gamebreaking.

Seriously... I spent so much time making some USEFUL meals, what gave me fishing, now gives me shield bashing... milking is now ballistae... this is f****d up :'( How about, don't release the update until its stable enough to not waste huge amounts of peoples time. How about the people who have a job to go to, and cant spend the whole week, every week, testing the changing foods <_<'

• Like 3

I think "unfortunate" is an understatement for the amount of time and effort put into "tasting" a lot of dishes.

This is the disadvantage of seeded RNG based features, this is not an Early Access game and should be avoided in the future. I'm sure the devs are aware of that and wouldn't have touched it, if it wasn't absolutely necessary to fix a bug in this fairly new feature, that is being put through its paces in the live environment.

It should probably have been mentioned in the patch notes.

Edited by Ulviirala

(tosses his food spread sheets out)   Not happy to say the least, lets get this right and test more befor doing this again please.

A taste option as mentioned earlier in the thread will be coming in a future update (not too far away) Hopefully this will allow a lot more flexibility in testing and not having to wait for pesky food bars to go down!

• Like 2

Just make it so the affinity is already visible in recipe list for the discovered recipes. This is getting ridiculous, that we have to make every recipe once again, just to find out the affinities.. And there is no 100% certainty, that this won't happen in the future.

• Like 3

Just now, rixk said:

Just make it so the affinity is already visible in recipe list for the discovered recipes. This is getting ridiculous, that we have to make every recipe once again, just to find out the affinities.. And there is no 100% certainty, that this won't happen in the future.

variation in the recipe, using a chopped potato vs a chopped onion, or cooked in a different cooker can change the affinity, displaying it in the recipe list would not be possible.

Did not change affinity for me on one meal from same seller. Have not tested others yet.

2 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

Did not change affinity for me on one meal from same seller. Have not tested others yet.

some meals won't have, it's ones that had the possibility to bug out due to bad item ID's as far as I am aware

56 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

variation in the recipe, using a chopped potato vs a chopped onion, or cooked in a different cooker can change the affinity, displaying it in the recipe list would not be possible.

What about when you examine the meal it gives YOUR affinity from that meal. so no need to wait to be able to eat some to find the affinity.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KillerSpike said:

What about when you examine the meal it gives YOUR affinity from that meal. so no need to wait to be able to eat some to find the affinity.

which is what the taste option will do.

• Like 2

thought it over, delete this

Edited by Erlindur

14 minutes ago, Erlindur said:

I think that if you make the taste option automatically add a cookbook note to the recipe with the affinity and its strength (like "weak digging affinity" or "strong mining") will eliminate the need of keeping spreadsheets and solve the problem. And if you have some flexibility on the way you save and retrieve those variables from the client, you could even change material ID's again and simply have the cookbook automatically display the new affinities for the discovered recipes.

too many variations for some recipes (maybe most of em as I haven't done much cooking). Take meat meal for example, 11 veggies * 3 states(whole, chopped or mashed) * 16 meats * 4 states (whole, fillet, diced, minced) * 3 different containers * a bunch more stuff for herbs, nuts, nuts, spice, cheese and bread. 

so up to the "a bunch more stuff" part I see 6,336 different possible affinities combinations. And its even more then this because of the "other stuff" and I'm not sure if roasted or fried states of meat or veggie would increase this even more.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's a seeded RNG algorithm. There is no saving variables or data state. Tho, I could very well be wrong.

Edited by joedobo

17 minutes ago, joedobo said:

too many variations for some recipes (maybe most of em as I haven't done much cooking). Take meat meal for example, 11 veggies * 3 states(whole, chopped or mashed) * 16 meats * 4 states (whole, fillet, diced, minced) * 3 different containers * a bunch more stuff for herbs, nuts, nuts, spice, cheese and bread. 

so up to the "a bunch more stuff" part I see 6,336 different possible affinities combinations. And its even more then this because of the "other stuff" and I'm not sure if roasted or fried states of meat or veggie would increase this even more.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's a seeded RNG algorithm. There is no saving variables or data state. Tho, I could very well be wrong.

Yeah, I had the same thought. That's why I deleted my original post.

Vodka changed from turrets to exorcism so I am very pleased with this update 

Also like 70% of the meals before the update gave me the same 6 affinities and now it seems a lot more spread out

Edited by blayze
  • Like 1

Wurmans are hard core not doubt about that.  Wurmans rhymes with Romans so it follows we should throw Retrograde to the lions.  Then feline meat would have a special affinity but I can't tell you what that is just yet.  But seriously I love this new cooking I may now be able to sell the cheese drills I made.