Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

[No Bug] Honey can not be place inside a domestic hive

Sugar or honey may be placed in a domestic hive to keep the bees alive over winter - this will keep the hive active.  Bees will continue to consume 10g of sugar or honey approximately every 5 days.  Any additional queens in hives automatically die off during winter.

So I have tried adding honey to one of my domestic hives, I have no sugar yet waiting on crops but there seems to be no way to do it.

I have tried dragging the honey from a waterskin and measuring jug with no luck. From in the cart and on the ground, and even took the lock off the hive, still no way to do this.

not sure if its intended during other seasons ( only winter maybe? )

Edited by Vortexxx

if you can't do it before winter, then its too late

besides I need honey in my hive, don't want to chance them croaking on  server tick

Might not be a bug. I know irl you are definitely not supposed to feed them honey unless it's their own. And once you take the honey out you can't exactly just put it back in the frame :P

You are meant to feed them plain sugar or a sugar/water syrup mix.

Edited by Budzilla

7 hours ago, Budzilla said:

Might not be a bug. I know irl you are definitely not supposed to feed them honey unless it's their own. And once you take the honey out you can't exactly just put it back in the frame :P

You are meant to feed them plain sugar or a sugar/water syrup mix.

Sure, but the google doc's say you can put honey or sugar in the hive, if this is not intended it should say so.

• Like 1

Confirming I get the same thing, sugar can go in, but not honey.

The document is incorrect.  You will need to place sugar in the hive.  I'll report the document error.  Thanks for the report.