Sign in to follow this  
FranktheTank

Path of Hate Level 11 Revamp

Insanity - Shield of the Gone

Gained at level 11

Gives a constant buff to the player that reduces damage 30%.

Rolf later said that the exact amount of damage reduction varies for different wounds. Rolf did not disclose further details.

Knowledge - Intellect of the Enlightened

Gained at level 11

All skillgains are permanently increased by 25%, with the exception of Fighting skill and Faith. Characteristics will also gain this boost.

Power - Stamina of the Vibrant Light

Gained at level 11

All your stamina losses are reduced by 30%

Love - Healing Hands

Gained at level 11.

Healing Hands is a passive ability that gives the player a 50% bonus to healing actions. This means that the healer will apply up to 50% extra healing when bandaging themselves or other players. They will also receive 50% more health from Life Transfer weapons.

Mouse-Over Description: "Improves the effectiveness of healing actions and natural regeneration by a factor of 1.5"

Hate - Spell Immunity

Gained at level 11

Spell Immunity - gives protection against offensive spells (details needed)

Does not protect from AoE effects (Confirmed by Rolf via IRC June 2013)

It seems that every level 11 ability path seems to be good at least in its own right, SoTG is of course a pvp meta, Intellect of the Enlightened is an excellent grinding path for freedom, Stamina of the Vibrant Light can potentially be good in its own right, a base stam loss reduction can be generally useful, Healing hands can be good in some situations, even in conjuntion with LT weps. But Spell Immunity seems easily the most useless path ability ever, especially for the main focus (so to speak) of meditation. I guess the only justification may be to block certain spells you are weak to if you use a spell tome of some sort.

Hate was marketed as a "pvp" meditation path, even having the player go for mycelium tiles on the coast to advance, but the level 11 ability is so abysmal it makes the path almost worthless aside from the damage buffs you can use on yourself.

I personally do not feel the damage buffs properly balance the level 11 path ability, and I am curious if anyone shares the sentiment that the path should be changed to something more in balance with the others.

I mean it doesn't even protect against pillar spells or aoe damage...

• Like 3

I think a good start would be to make it actually block aoe spells, properly block sorcery spells (it's hit/miss, tested a few myself), make it block true strike potentially unless it would roll a crit normally?, another potential idea is to block healing effects (if it does block drain health, then make it block life transfer)

A while back I thought weapon enchants too, but that wouldn't be too good of an idea to mix 50% extra damage with potentially over 30% dr

• Like 3

What about making it some sort of damage buff, in order to somewhat counter SoTG, while hopefully not making SoTG useless either. Maybe like a slow stack bonus over time instead of a standard double damage.

On 11/30/2016 at 4:28 PM, MrGARY said:

I think a good start would be to make it actually block aoe spells, properly block sorcery spells (it's hit/miss, tested a few myself), make it block true strike potentially unless it would roll a crit normally?, another potential idea is to block healing effects (if it does block drain health, then make it block life transfer)

A while back I thought weapon enchants too, but that wouldn't be too good of an idea to mix 50% extra damage with potentially over 30% dr

Yeah, I can understand that last part. Spell immunity should mean spell immunity. But the damage reduction could be a bit too strong.

A little ammo for you.

The level 11 ability is too easily negated as it only works for targeted spells so it is far too situational

The logic here is that it is easy to know who is on the path and what level they've reached.

So while you are in combat

if there is a priest amongst the enemy

if they decide that using a targeted spell is better than using an AoE

if they don't know you have the immunity

then they might pick you to cast it on.

If no priest amongst the enemies - irrelevant

if they prefer the AoE spells - irrelevant

If they know you have immunity - irrelevant as they just cast it on anyone else who doesn't have immunity.

About the only time I can imagine it really being useful is if you are being chased by boat and there are priests on following one.  Did I say it was far too situational?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gaeron said:

A little ammo for you.

The level 11 ability is too easily negated as it only works for targeted spells so it is far too situational

The logic here is that it is easy to know who is on the path and what level they've reached.

So while you are in combat

if there is a priest amongst the enemy

if they decide that using a targeted spell is better than using an AoE

if they don't know you have the immunity

then they might pick you to cast it on.

If no priest amongst the enemies - irrelevant

if they prefer the AoE spells - irrelevant

If they know you have immunity - irrelevant as they just cast it on anyone else who doesn't have immunity.

About the only time I can imagine it really being useful is if you are being chased by boat and there are priests on following one.  Did I say it was far too situational?

Extremely situational, I recently heard there was also changes to spells(?) making them weaker. So people are even less likely to cast now as well.

Maybe if I add that love should be buffed this might get more recognition from the freedom folks?