Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

odd things are happening in WU

ok so I don't know If it's a server thing, or another client bug or what it is,

but a few days ago I had done some "exploration mining" to see if I could find the ores I needed, that was fine, no dramas there, but today I went into the said tunnel to do a little resource mining and 3-4 different places had repaired itself, i'm not sure how to explain this. it's like I had never even taken out said tile. it's happened both on and off deed. Its the first time this has happened, anyone else have this happen to them?

Hah, welcome to mining!

Unreinforced walls have a small chance of collapsing, turning the mined out tile to a rock tile, or rarely, a resource vein.

To greatly reduce the chances of that, you can use support beams (2 logs 4 shafts 2 ribbons iirc) or a magranon priest to cast strongwall on the rock walls (not on the tile floor, that will cause a collapse!)

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Mining#Cave-ins

• Like 1

I am disappointed that you have listed this mundane occurrence as "Odd things are happening in WU". I was expecting something very much out of the realm of the ordinary. Maybe Gnomes tunneling out the whole interior of WU servers perhaps...

=Ayes=

• Like 3

my first couple mines were glitchy in WU.  I tunneled to create an opening, then was simply unable to tunnel on the rock wall inside the entrance, until rebooting the client.  Happened twice.  It was as if the server was rejecting the idea of pixel parasites burrowing into it's skin.  It finally gave up and allowed us to make more tunnels, without more reboots.