Sign in to follow this  
Coolboy

WUStore Q&A

Hello Wurmians,

Once I have released version 1.0.0 of WUA I'm going to start focusing on creating a store system where players will be able to buy whatever you allow at whatever price you want.

So the thing I want to ask you guys and gals is, other than PayPal what other payment system should I include with WUStore, I know there are a bunch out there and many people prefer different ones, so rather then me deciding which ones to have, I rather have you guys to come up with a few payment systems.

WUStore will be written in PHP as well, but I'm still debating if I want to develop it in ASP.NET C# or not. I wrote WUA in PHP because PHP can run on almost any system, but ASP runs perfectly on Windows but not so perfect on Linux, it can be made to run on Linux but requires a lot of server tweaking. From what I gathered, a lot of servers are running on Windows so does it make sense the store should be written in ASP or do you guys think it should stay in PHP?

Thanks everyone!

-Sonu

• Like 1

If its run by the creators of Wurm I use my charge card... if its run by players i will only deal with in game money due to the huge problem one wurm on line player caused when they cheated a great number of players out of their money via pay pal.  

36 minutes ago, Savronne said:

If its run by the creators of Wurm I use my charge card... if its run by players i will only deal with in game money due to the huge problem one wurm on line player caused when they cheated a great number of players out of their money via pay pal.  

Well let me clarify, this is going to be a store any one that is hosting a wurm unlimited server can use for their servers to allow players of that server to buy in-game items or money and stuff like that. It has nothing to do with Wurm Online.

Make it configurable so players can use there in-game coinage to purchase items or PayPal if they lack said coinage.

Edited by ausimus

16 hours ago, Coolboy said:

So the thing I want to ask you guys and gals is, other than PayPal what other payment system should I include with WUStore

If you check the Wurm Shop you will also see that their other payment processor is Xsolla. They are much more versatile than PayPal in that they offer many different payment options (credit cards, debit cards, gift cards, cash cards) in different currencies. Possibly they are more for business use than a person setting them up for their WU server though.

PayPal is the easy route for undisclosed personal transactions of a smaller nature and open for everyone to use, which I guess is why most use it for relatively anonymous and convenient payments like this. So you are probably stuck with that.

=Ayes=

On 11/30/2016 at 6:36 AM, ausimus said:

Make it configurable so players can use there in-game coinage to purchase items or PayPal if they lack said coinage.

Great idea!

On 11/30/2016 at 8:23 AM, Ayes said:

If you check the Wurm Shop you will also see that their other payment processor is Xsolla. They are much more versatile than PayPal in that they offer many different payment options (credit cards, debit cards, gift cards, cash cards) in different currencies. Possibly they are more for business use than a person setting them up for their WU server though.

PayPal is the easy route for undisclosed personal transactions of a smaller nature and open for everyone to use, which I guess is why most use it for relatively anonymous and convenient payments like this. So you are probably stuck with that.

=Ayes=

Yeah that's was the only reason why I chose PayPal as the first payment system to add but wasn't sure if there were any others that could work.