Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

What's the story with the Russian server?

I had wondered why Steamcharts showed a pretty significant jump lately in WU player count (39% jump as of this post) until I saw a Russian server called Hyperborea.  Does this sudden surge have a story behind it or just a terrific coincidence?  I am curious to know.

In mother Russia WU plays you!

Sorry lol, really don't know - the sale might of helped abit get players.

It made me think back to the 4 Chan invasion of Independence back in the day and I was curious if there was a similar story.

Idk what's up with that server.. is not advertised anywhere and it has 100+ players on it (most of them are actually players not fake numbers like other servers)

And is nothing fancy about it.. 1x skillgian 1x action timers.. really?

9 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

Just faking their numbers. Real player count is like 10

WU hype in Russia now. 100+ players - true number +  Hyperborea best ru rp-pvp server

Edited by Scadouge

i dont know if fake or not but wouldnt surprise me if real numbers.

theyve always had a big uo presence in private servers and i can see

them playing wu with the same loyaly? dont know what word to use lol

This server unlike most WU servers have x1 rates, uses no mods and its settings mimics the original WO settings. So people who likes hardcore WO gameplay choose Hyperborea. Also it is most popular Russian WU server, so many players from Russia choose it. The numbers of players are real, many settlements have steady online of 8-10 players and more. And this is RP server with factions (including player made factions), diplomacy and wars.

Hi! I opened our server in the same day when the game was released on Steam. Initially, this server was created for a group of 6 players who had played in Wurm Online on epic cluster for Mol Rehan (2008-2013), we took as original settings of WO is an epic cluster, which we played for a long time. For us Wurm valuable because it spent time on acquiring skills and making items, acquired a sacral meaning. We don't like fast gameplay, because quick game with high skill rates and fast actions lead to many players reach their goals and leave game (satisfying the creative urge). On our server - everything is different. Slow originaly gameplay led to the division of labor, the emergence of artisans, and ultimately originated the feudal nobility, the political forces, the heroes, particularly valuable items, the possession of which was a goal of other players. The main feature of the server, it roleplay and pvp - isn't for everyone, but many like it. Once or twice a month, we hold role-playing Events.

At first time, our online ranged from 15 to 40 people, so lasted long enough, but not so long ago, one of the popular streamer started making guides for the game, it has attracted a lot of subscribers, which he managed to convince his authority that the game is more than it seems and archaic UI and ancient graphics, hides a rich gameplay. At the same time, on Steam were two major discounts on Wurm that has attracted a lot of players. Now our online ranges around these ranges (MSK time): weekdays in the mornings, 40-50 people, the evening 120-140 players, and on weekends 160-200 players. Real players, not a fake. Eventually online will fall by half or more when the newcomers have lost interest. We have already passed similar after the spring discount. Still the Wurm is a very specific game - not for everyone.

On our server plays 10-15 English speaking players from US and EU. We gave them the Kingdom Chats with the prefix GL, but the main problem - they face is that they are in different kingdoms, and some of them get lonely.

Another General fact, many players who played on a PvE server with fast gameplay, faced with loss of things that turns to them a big disappointment and a disaster, and not finding in himself will to survive the loss, they leave the game.

https://vk.com/wurm_hyperborea

If u have questions - u can ask in InterZone

Spoiler

NGfQ-i0mP7E.jpgrt75YXFznyk.jpg51KhaBq4PAI.jpgHBwrH3cLdXQ.jpg14Q6AZqv3Ik.jpgD-R2NeJCIWo.jpg_HjduUX7IjU.jpgwRj58d95dVA.jpgfW9fhtK9hro.jpg

Edited by Boyar
  • Like 2

Well done you guys, not that I speak russian but anyways.

very well done, and great to see some good 1x's. There's a lot of comfy armchair winners going with 5 and more, so this is refreshing. 

Keep it up