Sign in to follow this  
Wulfrock

Starter Town Deed.

Hi all,

Not sure what I am missing here, I have made starter towns on other maps before with no problem.

But this one is proving to be a pain, the perimiter of the deed for some reason is called "Freedom Isles" Like you leave the deed, then after the perimiter you leave freedom isles, hence you also re-enter it when hitting the perimiter again.

On the "naming your deed" page, its ticked as "Make this a permanent Settlement" and the Select a Kingdom is this is a Starter Town is set to none, but after placing the deed or resizing it, it keeps resetting to Freedom Isles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated please. Never had this crop up before.

Thanks.

Valiance and Kaylie.

15 hours ago, Wulfrock said:

Hi all,

Not sure what I am missing here, I have made starter towns on other maps before with no problem.

But this one is proving to be a pain, the perimiter of the deed for some reason is called "Freedom Isles" Like you leave the deed, then after the perimiter you leave freedom isles, hence you also re-enter it when hitting the perimiter again.

On the "naming your deed" page, its ticked as "Make this a permanent Settlement" and the Select a Kingdom is this is a Starter Town is set to none, but after placing the deed or resizing it, it keeps resetting to Freedom Isles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated please. Never had this crop up before.

Thanks.

Valiance and Kaylie.

I would guess your character is part of Freedom Isles, or the server is set to only have freedom isle deeds. Either would prevent you from making a deed of a different kingdom

Edited by TABs

Hi TABs.

We found out what the problem was last night. sorry we should have closed this off.

The problem was that in the server settings it was set to "0" which is no server. Had to change that setting to "4". Not overly sure why, but it fixed it. I believe "4" is the Freedom Isles number.

Valiance and Kaylie.

• Like 1

No kingdom works for home server btw, you just need a guard tower to create the influence to create an enemy kingdom settlement. 

The area of influence needs to be far enough away from the freedom settlement you currently have. Hope this helps

Hi Brew, this is nice info.

Do you know the range of influence more or less? I am guessing that this could be related to a problem no-one knows anything about.

This remains a mystery

When you restarted the server as 1-4 you selected the influence area to be one of those templates.  It will cover the entire map.

Select home as none, and you can redo your map with zero squares of influence.  I built guard towers in that map to spawn the influence foe kingdom building then after the tower is up you can settlement token it.  Be aware of enemy faction influence and the inability to build towers if the enemy's influence grows.

Example, the trust collective server, is no home kingdom,. I started the server with kingdom isles faction and built a tower for the permanent town everyone spawns in... destroy the tower so no guards bexuase guards and enemy factions don't like each other..  after that have people go 100+ tiles away from your influence. 50 works but to be safe, and have the enemy factions build a tower out there, then drop the deed stake and let me know if it doesn't work for you.  Thersa a lot to check and test, but it's not too complicated at all.

Will help in any way 

Brew

Two things to note

http://wurmonline.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tower

"

Guard towers must be situated at least 50 tiles apart on Freedom servers. Note that it's NOT the actual "distance" that counts, but it has to be 50 tiles in each direction, e.g. going 50 tiles north and then 50 tiles west! So: a new tower actually must be outside a square of 101 tiles sidelength, with the existing tower in the middle.

Error msg when too close: "You can't continue the tower now; another tower is too near."

Towers may be built minimum 150 tiles from another kingdom, except 60 tiles if you are within your own kingdom.

NOTE: These values are currently being reconfirmed due to PMK problems and player feedback."

from that link

and from our experience on a vanilla server to start an enemy kingdom tower you need to be 61+ tiles away as it's actually not 50 it's 60 influence but 50 build within, it's odd and I'm not saying everything here is true but from what we have tested.