Sign in to follow this  
Ndainye

[Fixed] Combining containers of milk

If you try to combine two containers of undamaged Brown cow milk it produces the error message 'That would destroy the liquid'.  Sheep milk combines correctly.

A similar thing happens with cream. For whatever reason, I just cannot get cream to combine... sometimes I can even wind up with a container with two or three different "cream" items in it.

Edited by Ostentatio

21 minutes ago, Ndainye said:

If you try to combine two containers of undamaged Brown cow milk it produces the error message 'That would destroy the liquid'.  Sheep milk combines correctly.

Can you tell me which containers you are using and if you are dragging or using fill?  Also, is any of the milk very old milk that was stored away in magic chests?

With me it's been fresh milk and fresh cream, no damage. I've had problems combining in containers in inventory (bucket, barrel, pot) and into newly unsealed small wine barrels. To clarify, that's fresh milk + fresh milk, fresh cream + fresh cream, fresh milk + unsealed barrel milk, fresh cream + unsealed barrel cream.

I was combining a buckets of milk into small unsealed barrels of milk, I also tried going from barrel to bucket.  I was attempting to drag the milk between containers. 

All of the milk is fresh, one portion was gathered yesterday and one gathered today.  

Edited by Ndainye

I've had similar with damaged lemon juice, that I tried to "repair" (i.e. set to 0 damage by updating it to its effective QL like milk used to work), which caused the same issue.

I dragged it from a small barrel into a water skin, it still had the same damage, and could not be recombined into the small barrel. I had to drag it into an empty barrel, and only that one would accept the lemon juice from the water skin.

I discarded the leftovers.

Can I add to this that I got the 'That would destroy the liquid' when trying to milk cows into a bucket that had older (but undamaged) milk in it (from yesterday). The cows were 'milked' (timer, sound and skill tick), but no milk appeared in the bucket.  Sheep were fine-the bucket did have damaged milk, but the new milk joined it. 

Thanks for the reports.  A bug has been added and Tich has already found the problem.  

This should be fixed with today's patch update.  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/147927-patch-notes-08dec16/

Please note that old 'bugged' milk will still not combine with new fresh milk (the old milk could not be 'fixed')  However, there is a dragging workaround that you can use to clean most of the bugged milk as noted on the patch notes:

Bugfix: Fix for some liquids not combining with same type (ex. milk, cream).

This will not fix current liquids that do not combine, but moving parts of the existing liquid to new containers (not moving it all) will allow it to be combined, the old remaining liquid will not be able to be combined. This can be done with a measuring jug until 1g of old liquid remains in the container (as it is the smallest possible amount).