Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 28/NOV/16

• The calorie bonus has been changed to give a 33% reduction to stamina usage instead of a flat 33 point boost to body stamina when full.
  • Excluded crates from the decoration tile count. They will have a max of 100 on one tile. Crates will still count as decoration items for the no decay check.
  • Bugfix: Village message boards can now be managed via permissions without needing a lock.
  • Bugfix: Added a check for containers which can hold more than one liquid.
  • Bugfix: Clay items will retain any rename after being heated and turned to pottery.
  • Bugfix: Fixed issue with rune bonus to create based on your deity.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue preventing some rat, sheep and pig corpses from being used for recipes.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where some lamps had incorrect graphics applied after the Cooking update.
  • Bugfix: Corrected potted plants occasionally not giving items.
  • Bugfix: Corrected extra damage on bad botanising and foraging rolls.
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

The calorie bonus has been changed to give a 33% reduction to stamina usage instead of a flat 33 point boost to body stamina when full.

Welp, from using it ingame, the flat 33 point was way nicer to use. the 33% reduction seems to do nothing compared to it.

It was a bit OP for sure with the original settings but 33% less consumption when full seems to be on the other edge. that 33% is decreasing fast with the consumption of the calorie bar.

Anyway I'm glad that I've done with a major part of my current digging project already :)

Is there anyway we can get a crate pile?

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

There was an incorrect calculation which is the cause for this restart, the 33% reduction to stamina usage should now apply correctly.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jaz said:

It was a bit OP for sure with the original settings but 33% less consumption when full seems to be on the other edge. that 33% is decreasing fast with the consumption of the calorie bar.

Anyway I'm glad that I've done with a major part of my current digging project already :)

I noticed that even with 98% calories I could do 4 actions within one stamina bar instead of the old 5 actions per stamina bar before the whole cooking update. So not thrilled about giving such dramatic drop.

Edited by Kadmint
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

There was an incorrect calculation which is the cause for this restart, the 33% reduction to stamina usage should now apply correctly.

23 minutes ago, Kadmint said:

I noticed that even with 98% calories I could do 4 actions within one stamina bar instead of the old 5 actions per stamina bar before the whole cooking update. So not thrilled about giving such dramatic drop.

Works now as intended! :)

It was good while it lasted I'm working on my mountain road. Note to self store all items I can in wagon bring a few shovels,  than go back to road work.;)

Good news on crates at 100 per tile. :) 

+1 to Kegan's "Crate Pile" request.  That would be insanely helpful for repairing off deed and finding which crate to load.

• Like 2

So, what about cooking? Getting 1/10 the skill gain I got before 1.3, tried several difficulty levels, pitiful gain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:
  • Excluded crates from the decoration tile count. They will have a max of 100 on one tile. Crates will still count as decoration items for the no decay check.

Dev note: Crates are still decorations for the decay immunity as mentioned, which means that crates can block other decorations on a tile. They themselves are not blocked by the 15-per-tile decoration limit however. 

I know this seems odd, but we don't have a mechanism to split this out yet and I didn't want my recent bugfix for cargo unloading to restrict crates to 15 per tile. I prefer my head where it is. :)

Re: 'crate pile' - This is something we are looking into.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Keenan said:

Dev note: Crates are still decorations for the decay immunity as mentioned, which means that crates can block other decorations on a tile. They themselves are not blocked by the 15-per-tile decoration limit however. 

I know this seems odd, but we don't have a mechanism to split this out yet and I didn't want my recent bugfix for cargo unloading to restrict crates to 15 per tile. I prefer my head where it is. :)

Re: 'crate pile' - This is something we are looking into.

What about possibly creating a "Pallet" or some form of rack that will occupy a tile.  Allowing people to some how tether a crate via rope into storing a crate.  Or possibly creating an immersive friendly way for a person to "command" the pallet or crate rack. Basically a vehicle like inventory for bulk storage of crates.  

Pile of crates works as well.  I'd just like a system that organizes and readily gives me the contents of the containers.  I'm not sure what would be easier for you devs to come up with.  Just thought you should have a variety of choices to make it easier on yourselves.

Edited by Samusen
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Samusen said:

What about possibly creating a "Pallet" or some form of rack that will occupy a tile.  Allowing people to some how tether a crate via rope into storing a crate.  Or possibly creating an immersive friendly way for a person to "command" the pallet or crate rack. Basically a vehicle like inventory for bulk storage of crates.  

Well they could allow us to drag and drop crates to and from carts/boats with a timer and then use that same function to make a new storage option like that so then you would not need to command anything.  

• Like 1

would be such a wonderful thing if we finally got a new storage system to handle mountains of crates and other containers.  My main craft room has nearly max on every tile of chests, BSBs, armor/weapon racks, etc.  Putting carts/wagons/ships in houses to manage the storage is all we can do now and looks terrible.

Only about a hundred different suggestion threads asking for this

• Like 2

I still woner if marble braziers and copper count as decoration now... its not listed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

would be such a wonderful thing if we finally got a new storage system to handle mountains of crates and other containers.  My main craft room has nearly max on every tile of chests, BSBs, armor/weapon racks, etc.  Putting carts/wagons/ships in houses to manage the storage is all we can do now and looks terrible.

Only about a hundred different suggestion threads asking for this

Current (was working in July) overhead crate storage and toolbox; easier to add/remove crates and make crates accessible across the workshop, but limited storage and time investment required....I hope this still works i have not setup my new workshop at my new place and they were about to nerf interaction range on knarrs when i left for my break few months ago

ADyLLnk.jpg

Meant to add to Wurmhole's comment, ya something to replace this as this does look bad.  I had to put something to cover the top of the mast on the top story of this building

Edited by ClericGunem
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Sila said:

I still woner if marble braziers and copper count as decoration now... its not listed

From Global chat

2016-11-22] [13:13:11] <Littlestorm> are brazier pillars included in the no decay?
[2016-11-22] [13:13:32] <Retrograde> No
[2016-11-22] [13:13:37] <Killroth> what
[2016-11-22] [13:13:50] <Boobaby> Are they not decor then?
[2016-11-22] [13:14:01] <Retrograde> they are lit items
[2016-11-22] [13:14:04] <Retrograde> like forges and ovens

[2016-11-22] [13:14:07] <Littlestorm> or a light source like lamps <shrug>
[2016-11-22] [13:14:09] <Retrograde> they still decay
[2016-11-22] [13:14:12] <Boobaby> Damn
[2016-11-22] [13:14:17] <Retrograde> lamps bypass that due to being planted

2016-11-22] [13:15:09] <Killroth> pls consider marble braziers being on no decay  they arent like forges or ovens
[2016-11-22] [13:15:26] <Killroth> we had this same issue with fireplaces being the same as forge or oven before
[2016-11-22] [13:15:33] <Void> no servercrash on patchday, too, its kind of creepy
[2016-11-22] [13:15:43] <Retrograde> its been raised but no answer yet

So there ya have it, they're not Light Sources, even thou clearly they turn off and on during the night day cycles,

They are not decorations since they are lit like forge and oven

They are not forges and ovens cause you can't open them up to burn stuff.  

And no answer as to why not that these clearly light sources are not included in the no decay.

Yeap makes absolutely no sense whats so ever.

• Like 2

That indeed makes no sense. The purpose of braziers is clearly to be decorative and for them to function as a lamp. They have nothing in common with forges at all, even lamps are lit items. Though from those statements I do now understand that planted items count, decorative items count, but items which can be lit and not planted are excluded in order to exclude forges and oven, and that this unfortunatly also causes braziers to be excluded.

Since the developers have adjusted a lot of features based on what is intended, I am hopeful that they will do the same here.

• Like 1

Well decay on them is realy bad that is problem  also takes ages to repair em

• Like 1

Seems very odd to me that braziers weren't included. I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this