Sign in to follow this  
Cornchips

OLD WURM METAS

Target window, still valid

No speaking in local - Old Blacklight tradition :^)

No forum ###### talking - old Blacklight tradition x2 :^)

a horse, period (less about hell horses and gears)

"Why are you using a sickle lol" turned into "Sickle is the new meta" and back into "why are you using a sickle lol"

If you used anything outside of a longsword in combat, you were basically seen as wasting time.

Spiders are spooky

Pheasants will literally kill you

dirt vs sand drop raids

Off deed fortifications/annoyances

7 hours ago, Propheteer said:

build it and try, the minedoor wont unlock no matter what you do.

tried it, doesn't seem to be the case?  first time though enemy alt walked up door but it opened after walking back down similar to what you get when you lag trying to enter a mine

Nukes, or is this still a thing

6493e7851a.jpg

f83a7f0dfe.jpg

Edited by blayze
  • Like 2

When valrei mobs wouldn't aggro anything so they just stacked up on the server for months.  That was a scary area when they fixed it lol

80c09d45f6e2daaf158bbcda0359b4b3.png

cb8bff7bc5843066d430f5cb43af6483.png

• Like 3

Hell horses breathing fire and staffs doing crazy amounts of damage

Ada boulders flying out of a volcano every hour and being able to mine them for crazy amounts of ore before having a GM confiscate most of it

WL single target spells doing 0.1 damage though plate

Curbs in front of every mine hop

Using trees to rest when climbing up steep slopes / trying to run though olive forests

"30 more tiles"

Using concrete before MRC got it taken away

2000 slope fo pillar deed 2 tiles from hota

Pillars going though house walls

Boat/Cart elevators

Renaming coins

Edited by blayze

On 11/30/2016 at 8:07 PM, Darklords said:

When valrei mobs wouldn't aggro anything so they just stacked up on the server for months.  That was a scary area when they fixed it lol

80c09d45f6e2daaf158bbcda0359b4b3.png

cb8bff7bc5843066d430f5cb43af6483.png

The playergod-spawned ones still don't agro anything. they are red outline with no kingdom affiliation.  your picture looks like 90% of affliction 

• Like 1

Toggle climbing to lock stamina for higher skill gain ticks between actions.

Dual-wielding literally everything large for the luls (unfinished ships, unfinished guard towers, et cetera).

Looking straight down to get out of NT on JKH with >0.001 FPS.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2016 at 8:13 PM, blayze said:

"30 more tiles"

###### FEV

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gone420 said:

###### FEV

When I made a tunnel up to attempt to raid dsc I did it alone in 6 hours on super bowl Sunday. Everyone said it was suicide and would never work and that they weren't gonna come help if bl came after me. Then I popped in ts and was like "hey the tunnels done let's raid dsc lmao". We never had high hopes or a plan for it but we were like ###### it we got a tunnel lets give it a shot and got around 20 people.  and then when the raid force came we fixed up the floor for carts, forgot to place the door we brought onto the exit so we got locked on top of the mountain when trousersnake ninjad it, and panicking we dug and mined for our lives to breach the tunnel again and gtfo.  and then radni fell off the mountain and died, resulting in the only casualty.

Memories 

Edited by Alexgopen

Building my first sailboat and having a high enough body strength to drag it through the village, down hill to the water some 150 tiles.  Now you have to use a ship transporter to move a boat over land.

As a newcomer getting called a spy, and losing kingdom access - because you were hots before joining trying to make a special guard tower for your deed. Totally losing interest in pvp because of the toxic children that ruin the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niki said:

As a newcomer getting called a spy, and losing kingdom access - because you were hots before joining trying to make a special guard tower for your deed. Totally losing interest in pvp because of the toxic children that ruin the game.

I'd say comparable to most pvpers and freedomers you are far more toxic.

and thats comming from me, who isn't a saint either.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zekezor said:

I'd say comparable to a lot of pvpers and freedomers you are pretty toxic yourself.

and thats comming from me, who isn't a saint himself.

Thanks for clarifying my stance, we don't even know each other - while most of you jenny PvPers don't, but were at war because I dislike your king? Really? Pretty sure a lot dislike him, but you all enjoy a good forum fight with me. Like there is some sort of taboo for a freedom player to speak up in Wurm. I have a problem with how you tend to keep your past misconducts hidden from the majority of the player base and making yourselves look good, when it isn't deserved.

The PvP in this game is seriously super dramatic, you guys hit each other - keyboard turn and run backwards, run into your little dirt strongholds, then proceed to QQ/Rage on the forums at each other or gloat at a victory where you shoot arrows safe in sound. That's Wurm's meta. Being bad at pvp.

Yeah call me toxic, at least I have courage, I actually play real PvP games where people have fun and don't treat each other like trash where the combat isn't turned base pile jumping garbage. People don't make kingdoms for 1 gold and proceed to sell all the kingdom merchandise and make there money back overnight. You guys don't like my selling right? Your worse!

In a nutshell: PvP in wurm consist of people raging because they died, players who don't keybind and click the interface, keyboard turn, proceed to act very hardcore. (forgot to mention the buggy and broke mechanics that get abused, well seems quite often)

There is your toxic. Forum PvP from the best carebear on "freedumb". As you call us, pretty sure I have better stats compared to you, but your better right Zeke?

Before you say, well you never PvP'd, you don't know anything about me, sure I have. Alts.

Forgive me if I have any of this wrong but this is my perspective, my opinion, with so many new kingdoms its hard to know allegiances these days. I also don't want to generalize all pvpers here either, a lot of them are very excellent players.

Edited by Niki

Actually i didn't know you had anything against JKs king, I purely based it on various threads/comments made by you on the forum. :)

sidenote: I'm not JK.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

Actually i didn't know you had anything against JKs king, I purely based it on various threads/comments made by you on the forum. :)

sidenote: I'm not JK.

I know what you are. Merely identical if you ask me.

1 minute ago, Niki said:

I know what you are. Merely identical if you ask me.

*chuckle*

7 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

I purely based it on various threads/comments made by you on the forum. :)

Ohh look, Niki is making the thread about herself. What a suprise... /s

memba Archery at the start of the map? 

• Like 2

My first ever home server raid, "Fawkes why tf are you using a staff? It's the worst weapon in the game."

A year or two later it gets nerfed for constantly one-shotting people. GG.

General gameplay prior to mounts and large carts.