Sign in to follow this  
Cyiko

How do i use the still

I can't figure out how it works or what i'm supposed to do to get any output

I do not have the update. it sounds to me like you make a  liquid base, either using an item on a barrel of liquid for instance, or in the cauldron in the oven, Sometimes it then must be fermented first in a wine barrel , then if the result says it needs to be distilled, as a LAST STEP you put the "Undistilled Liquid"  into the still for the final step.

You never start out at the still.

Cooking Update Guide:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PhEhJkjNy-jl3_L5mdaQRVzyfdS7MfAt8_iNwSaHYYE/edit

Section on Still:

As a general rule, alcoholic drinks follow a multi-stage production process: an unfermented mixture is made (via a heat- or action-based recipe) which is then allowed to ferment via a time-based recipe.  This may produce a final alcoholic beverage or another intermediate mixture, which may be distilled into a final drink via another time-based recipe.  Alcoholic drinks are divided into fermented (e.g. beer) and distilled (e.g. moonshine) groups.

Still - used for distillation of undistilled liquids into final drinks.  Functions much like an oven for liquids (needs to be lit with a kindling), but will burn for a lot longer.  An undistilled intermediate placed in a lit still will gradually change into the final drink over time, so long as the still remains lit.  A still is started using two copper sheets, and requires a plank, 2 ribbons, 25 rivets and another 5 copper sheets to complete.  Stills have two internal compartments: a boiler (where the undistilled intermediate is placed) and a condenser (where the final distilled product will appear).

There is a note that some liquids must FIRST be fermented (wine barrel) THEN distilled:   As a general rule, alcoholic drinks follow a multi-stage production process: an unfermented mixture is made (via a heat- or action-based recipe) which is then allowed to ferment via a time-based recipe.  This may produce a final alcoholic beverage or another intermediate mixture, which may be distilled into a final drink via another time-based recipe.  Alcoholic drinks are divided into fermented (e.g. beer) and distilled (e.g. moonshine) groups.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2