Sign in to follow this  
NoahKirchner

Unstable Client

I have a problem with Wurm where I get a weird tile pop-in glitch unless I use the unstable client for Wurm Online. I recently purchased Wurm Unlimited and was wondering if there was any way to get the unstable client's settings to the WU client, or anything I could do to emulate the unstable client's effect. (If you have a fix to the glitch, that'd be cool too).

^ The glitch I'm having.

I'm not quite sure whether there is something alike for WU, but there at least is the beta branch.

Right-click WU in your Steam list, click on properties and once the window opens up, go to "Betas" in the top right corner. Then choose beta_branch in the drop-down menu.

Hope that it will help you

The tile texture glitch is usually caused by Java using your integrated graphics card instead of the discreet card.  If you have, for example, a GTX card in addition to the integrated graphics, open the nVidia control panel, select Manage 3D Settings, either change global settings to always use the "high performance nVidia processor" or switch to the program settings tab, add the Java process currently running Wurm Unlimited to the list and set it to use the high performance processor.

1 hour ago, Ricowan said:

The tile texture glitch is usually caused by Java using your integrated graphics card instead of the discreet card.  If you have, for example, a GTX card in addition to the integrated graphics, open the nVidia control panel, select Manage 3D Settings, either change global settings to always use the "high performance nVidia processor" or switch to the program settings tab, add the Java process currently running Wurm Unlimited to the list and set it to use the high performance processor.

I've seen that explanation a lot, but I'm using an intel graphics card on a laptop. It works fine in the unstable client for some reason, but I get that texture glitch when I disable GLSL shading (if I don't my model looks like a monster straight from the depths of hell), or VBO (doesn't change anything besides making the texture glitch happen but only if GLSL is on).

The unstable client for WO is using a new rendering engine, I think.  If you don't have a gaming GPU in the laptop, you'll just have to wait until they iron out the bugs in the unstable client and push it live to WO and WU.

34 minutes ago, Ricowan said:

The unstable client for WO is using a new rendering engine, I think.  If you don't have a gaming GPU in the laptop, you'll just have to wait until they iron out the bugs in the unstable client and push it live to WO and WU.

Alright. I can deal with it for now, any idea when the unstable client will be pushed to WU? Just roughly from past experiences.

It could be months before the WO client is updated, if they're able to work out the bugs.  It will probably be at least a few weeks after that before it makes it to WU.

1 hour ago, Ricowan said:

It could be months before the WO client is updated, if they're able to work out the bugs.  It will probably be at least a few weeks after that before it makes it to WU.

Bummer. Well thank you much for the help!