Sign in to follow this  
Belgrim

bury always allowed on deed? butcher in open writs?

Lately, since rifts have begun, we've been having fun displaying rift corpses on our deed next to a large highway.  Unfortunately, deed permissions don't allow blocking of the "bury" action.  So invariably someone comes along and buries our corpses and we don't have a display anymore.

To alleviate this problem, we had a writ with an open arched wall section where we put a corpse.  Unfortunately, that corpse was butchered since writs have no way of blocking the "butcher" action.

It'd be great if burying things was tied into another on-deed permission.  Say butchering or digging.  Similarly, I don't see why someone on a writ with no rights to enter a building or pick anything up should be able to butcher corpses there.  (especially when it's also on deed).

Thanks for your time,

Don't you think that some people may find "displaying corpses" as unwanted, or that some merely do the good deed of gravedigging?

What if someone slaughtered your family and put them on display? Just saying.

Edited by Roushi

Burying really should be protected by deed/building permissions. For example, if I dump out a load of 120 corpses from my boat, then have to unexpectedly go do something before butchering them, it would really spoil my jam to come back and find that some jerk buried them all on me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Roushi said:

Don't you think that some people may find "displaying corpses" as unwanted, or that some merely do the good deed of gravedigging?

What if someone slaughtered your family and put them on display? Just saying.

Then those peeps can do what ever they want in their deeds... If they feel offended in any way, they should not even step a foot in that deed.

Hey maybe u look like a rift ogre :p, but we r speaking about mobs that dont even exist in real life and u come to speak about human corpses, family? Just saying...

Always been a tradition in the human culture to display the trophy's of what you hunt and killed.

Beside his deed, his rules.

I sorted it out by building gates in the arched walls, and dropping the corpses behind them.

Bury and lighting or snuffing should be actions controlled by the mayor.

I don't know anything about the rift, all I know is that a player is taught to bury things because they get an achievement for it and this will put most people in that mindset.

If you don't want them to be buried, put them somewhere where the public can't access them or better yet butcher and bury them yourself and put up a gravestone to show it off.

All I know is if I see animals I like and some abusive soul-less cur puts them on display, I'm burying them and then killing their entire village and putting it on display at my deed.

I like animals more than people, people are awful.

If they disable burying on deed, there should be proximity ownership overriding deed permissions for the corpses of the critters you have killed. So that you can pick your own corpses even when you're attacked on someone elses deed. Currently I can't pick those corpses up, so I do bury them.

@rixk if they *could* do that for normal mobs (uniques is a whole flaming enchalada of it's own) it would sure be nice.  I've killed hundreds of mobs to find out I can't loot because it was on a deed over highway. 

9 hours ago, Belgrim said:

@rixk if they *could* do that for normal mobs (uniques is a whole flaming enchalada of it's own) it would sure be nice.  I've killed hundreds of mobs to find out I can't loot because it was on a deed over highway. 

The alternative is getting some admin assistance, which I will be offering on my server. Simply get my attention and I'll summon the corpse to you, off of deed. Too bad it can't work this way on WO.

One thing I hated during my days on WO is not being able to pickup loot in deeds where the owner is no where to be found. I think it was on Indy that there was a deed in the mountains that had a tall path stretch beside the deed so you'd have to walk infront of it on top of a mountain and there were ALWAYS corpses/coins on that path and it was frustrating that I could never pick them up because I knew the owner wasn't going to and so the loot goes to waste. Perhaps loot not owned/corpses not killed by deed owner/member should teleport off of deed so they can be accessible to the real owner or other players.

Edited by Roushi